• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Official Demo Thread

Zilla

The inFAAMous
I'm all for a player pushing the game to its absolute limits, but a lot of that stuff is just not interesting. Seeing one move done a thousand times over just doesn't appeal to Me. Hell, the ink blob loading screen combo is more exciting than that stuff.

Kudos to Brea though, I'm good with My hands, but My hand-eye co-ordination would have multiple seizures with all that trigger work.

TyIquan_DmC

I was actually talking about the style system. The rank degradation worked the same way. Style didn't drop unless you took a hit.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
I have no idea why most people are up in arms about the game being easier. I thought that was the point of this game in the first place, to bring in people who are not into the hack n' slash genre because of the competitive level of practice you'll need to have in order to get SSS in the original games. It's seriously not as casualized as everyone thinks. To a hardcore player it sure feels that way, but in the hands of a dude that isn't into this sort of gameplay it is all good.

plus theyre forgetting this is Very early on ( lvl 5 perhaps) as such of course the enemies wont be that challenging. plus weve all seen dozens of playthroughs at various events and online. so we pretty much know the entire layout of the level by heart. the demo is meant to attract new fans and show us the ropes in the game. which i think it does great in.

Gbraga

Why people keep using the angel glide to run away from the fire enemy when he uses the area flame attack?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
*shrug* Because it's an easy escape option, and you can attack him from outside the enkindled area.

Paexie

Isn't it easier and better to just hold the right trigger and keep attacking him with Arbiter?

At least that's what I always do
Wait. I thought the molten ground still gave you damage no matter what your alignment is.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Yeah, no that's only the dance club tiles in the nightclub. I have very distinctly taken damage by standing on it. It damages you like if you stand in Poison's vomit, it takes vitality away, but it doesn't knock you over or anything like a normal enemy's attack.

I think you only take damage maybe twice over the course of the attack's lifetime, because there's an invincibility period after you get hurt, but if you touch that stuff, you're gettin' hurt.

Gbraga

Yeah, no that's only the dance club tiles in the nightclub. I have very distinctly taken damage by standing on it. It damages you like if you stand in Poison's vomit, it takes vitality away, but it doesn't knock you over or anything like a normal enemy's attack.

I think you only take damage maybe twice over the course of the attack's lifetime, because there's an invincibility period after you get hurt, but if you touch that stuff, you're gettin' hurt.
Well, I admit I wasn't paying attention to the life bar, but I was paying attention to the style meter, wasn't it supposed to drop if I got hit? Because I swear it doesn't at all.

Maybe if you attack him you stop his attack then? Because all the times I attacked him as soon as I got the chance when he used that move.

Gbraga

Just tested it, got my eyes on the lifebar the entire time, tested it twice, I didn't take any damage at all while holding the right trigger.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
That's odd. I coulda sworn I took damage while in Demon mode. I'll try my demo, maybe it is a glitch or something >.<

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I was wrong, I just stood there holding Demon mode while the ground caught fire, and nothin'. Huh...That's...weird, but cool. Good to know though, haha.

Gbraga

I was wrong, I just stood there holding Demon mode while the ground caught fire, and nothin'. Huh...That's...weird, but cool. Good to know though, haha.
Doesn't make a lot of sense since the enemy's hitting you with fire, not "angel stance damage", but I'll take it.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Well, it makes sense, similar to the tiles in the nightclub. Tap into his demon powers, and Dante can stand the fires of Hell :p

Top Bottom