• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Official Demo Thread

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I don't know if anybody can see this video site...but it seems someone in our community has found something. E&I cancelling...it looks cool enough but isn't E&I's hit-stop too strong?

http://www.nicozon.net/watch/sm19435216

That's interesting, but I was doing that too. I didn't really think it was anything worth mentioning >_< I'm gonna download it and pop it on my YouTube channel, so it's a bit easier for others to see.

Can anyone tells me how to do the millions stab move?
In the PS3 demo?

The input for Stinger is Forward>Forward>Triangle, and then you mash Triangle afterwards to do Trillian Stabs

Mister Z

Changes avatars like they were t-shirts
I don't know if anybody can see this video site...but it seems someone in our community has found something. E&I cancelling...it looks cool enough but isn't E&I's hit-stop too strong?

http://www.nicozon.net/watch/sm19435216

Boy, that video just keeps reminding me of how much they NEED to fix that rank meter. There were plenty of sick combos that guy made that didn't even get him beyond C, while I was able to reach SSS by spamming Arbiter.

It's gone to the point I find it the worst flaw in this game so far, and vital if they want to keep this game in the vein of the older DMCs.

crush

Boy, that video just keeps reminding me of how much they NEED to fix that rank meter. There were plenty of sick combos that guy made that didn't even get him beyond C, while I was able to reach SSS by spamming Arbiter.

It's gone to the point I find it the worst flaw in this game so far, and vital if they want to keep this game in the vein of the older DMCs.

Well due to the mechanics, if you want a high score...you first have to make a ground combo to fill your meter in a high standard, then waltz around without being get hit in the air.
The former is rather easy, but the latter is very hard to do with style. It's also kinda hard because the angel and demon wires sometimes glitch and don't fire...It needs to be de-bugged.
(Also if you DT and go straight to return to the checkpoint your background will still be DT...)

Frazz

General gamer

The thing about the arbiter getting a high style rank is because it works on a risk/reward system as the arbiter leaves you open for attack as it is slow so because you take the risk you get good style points. Also the pause combo is the only arbiter move to give you a high score!

Mister Z

The thing about the arbiter getting a high style rank is because it works on a risk/reward system as the arbiter leaves you open for attack as it is slow so because you take the risk you get good style points. Also the pause combo is the only arbiter move to give you a high score!

Except there's no real risk in using arbiter: enemies get stunned too easily and they're the ones open for any kind of attack.

Plus, the rank meter continues to go up even if you use the same Arbiter moves repeatedly, effectively discouraging you from mixing up attacks from any other weapons.

Nevan from DMC3 was an incredibly risky weapon to use, yet they managed to tweak the way it ranks in a fair and balanced way that didn't have you repeating the same moves.

crush

:O I wanna try that now, just for kicks.

I was watching a on-air of DmC today to see this...and many other bugs.
There was this bug when the player made a E&I cancel very fast after prop and suddenly an attack effect of prop came out of a downed enemy. There was another glitch when the player made a helm-breaker from a very high spot and it sort of went down more slowly. The player said he admits it's a fun game but NT still needs more practice to become a well known first-class company.
(I personally laughed when he said the worst thing that happened to DmC is not the gameplay or the main story but Vergil going to school and got rich from software.)

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Except there's no real risk in using arbiter: enemies get stunned too easily and they're the ones open for any kind of attack.

Plus, the rank meter continues to go up even if you use the same Arbiter moves repeatedly, effectively discouraging you from mixing up attacks from any other weapons.

Nevan from DMC3 was an incredibly risky weapon to use, yet they managed to tweak the way it ranks in a fair and balanced way that didn't have you repeating the same moves.

I have not been able to repeatedly do any moves and receive undue Style, even on the Arbiter. I call bullshit, good sir.

If you're hitting multiple enemies, then you're doing good, because that's how Style has always worked.

And no, there's quite a bit of risk to throwing out Arbiter combos, especially when you get surrounded, it does leave you open.

Zilla

The inFAAMous
My biggest concern for the game at the moment is how the completion bonus practically guarantees an S or above, My friend's first playthough landed him an A, purely because I had already gotten all the Lost souls, etc.

Hopefully there's a mode that disables the completion bonus, and forces You to really focus on stylish speed.

Mister Z

I call bullshit, good sir.

Really? Turning agressive when I was just discussing my fair criticism on this game? Why can't discuss the game without getting so defensive?

Besides, even in older DMCs, hitting multiple enemies alone did not do the trick for combo meter. It was always the variety in combo attacks, how fast you could land the hits and how much you could keep it going without stopping.

I'm not bashing the game hatefuly, for crying out loud. I'm giving my unbiased criticism and opinion. If you read my first post here you'd see I'm actually liking it. That doesn't mean I ignore what I percieve as huge flaws. Without comparing to older DMCs, I feel the combo system is easy and not very rewarding, and the combat, while slick and enjoyable, is still broken here and there.

Zilla

The inFAAMous
^ If I recall, hitting multiple enemies with one swipe did stack the Rank meter faster, the best example I can think of is Nero's stinger which is wide swipe, every time I hit the ground after an air combo and landed the full rev on the Red Queen, I would always stinger immediately into whoever was in front of Me, and if I hit multiple enemies My rank skyrocketed.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Really? Turning agressive when I was just discussing my fair criticism on this game? Why can't discuss the game without getting so defensive?

Besides, even in older DMCs, hitting multiple enemies alone did not do the trick for combo meter. It was always the variety in combo attacks, how fast you could land the hits and how much you could keep it going without stopping.

I'm not bashing the game hatefuly, for crying out loud. I'm giving my unbiased criticism and opinion. If you read my first post here you'd see I'm actually liking it. That doesn't mean I ignore what I percieve as huge flaws. Without comparing to older DMCs, I feel the combo system is easy and not very rewarding, and the combat, while slick and enjoyable, is still broken here and there.

Dude...I'm not aggressive, "I call bullshit" is a common saying in my area, I guess. Comes from the card game of the same name. Chill out and stop getting defenisve. It's not like I told you to f*ck off or something...

Either way, I would like to see instances where simply spamming the same weapon's one attack over and over again gets any high Style, because I have not experienced that at all in my time with the demo. Usually, there's a lot more going on than just spamming the attack, too, like groupings or power bonuses :/

Variety was always the main part of the Style system, but the multipliers were always Attack on Enemy, with stale moves reducing the boost. Increase the number of enemies hit by that one attack, and you get more Style, simply because each hit counts separately towards the boost. I've done that consistently in the classics, because it's part of my playstyle that I like to exploit grouping enemies and wailing on them all in corners.

The only way the Style meter is really easier is because your grade doesn't decay with time, which I think they should have left out.

Mister Z

Dude...I'm not aggressive, "I call bullshit" is a common saying in my area, I guess. Comes from the card game of the same name. Chill out.

Either way, I would like to see instances where simply spamming the same weapon's one attack over and over again gets any high Style, because I have not experienced that at all in my time with the demo. Usually, there's a lot more going on than just spamming the attack, too, like groupings or power bonuses :/

Variety was always the main part of the Style system, but the multipliers were always Attack on Enemy, with stale moves reducing the boost. Increase the number of enemies hit by that one attack, and you get more Style, simply because each hit counts separately towards the boost. I've done that consistently in the classics, because it's part of my playstyle that I like to exploit grouping enemies and wailing on them all in corners.

The only way the Style meter is really easier is because your grade doesn't decay with time, which I think they should have left out.

Well apologies then, but you gotta understand that a lot of people intepretate "call bullshit" as an outright accusation of being a liar.

Well, I'm going to owe you some examples because I don't have the time right now and because I'm not exactly good with recording.

Then again, keep in my mind this my perception of the game, which could actually be wrong and you might be right in what you say. In the old DMCs, I was more of a "combo on one single enemy" player so I can see why I could never get my rank going up the way you did. Even with that said, the fact that it's something I can do so easily in this game and yet that I struggled with in past entries does tell me at least that the game's challenge got toned down. But I do see what you mean and, quite frankly, does make a lot of sense.

At least we can agree on that. It makes the player not having any incentive to keep attacking fast.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Well apologies then, but you gotta understand that a lot of people intepretate "call bullshit" as an outright accusation of being a liar.

Well, I'm going to owe you some examples because I don't have the time right now and because I'm not exactly good with recording.

Then again, keep in my mind this my perception of the game, which could actually be wrong and you might be right in what you say. In the old DMCs, I was more of a "combo on one single enemy" player so I can see why I could never get my rank going up the way you did. Even with that said, the fact that it's something I can do so easily in this game and yet that I struggled with in past entries does tell me at least that the game's challenge got toned down. But I do see what you mean and, quite frankly, does make a lot of sense.

At least we can agree on that. It makes the player not having any incentive to keep attacking fast.

No worries man. It's a problem with talking to people all over the word, and with text. Inclination and tone don't come across very well. I thought my "good sir," may have softened the accusation, buuuut I guess not >.<

I'd say keep an eye on the Style feedback, because there might be a bit more info to explain what's happening, so it'd be a bit easier to figure out if there are any shenanigans goin' on.

DmC certainly makes it easier to group enemies, but that's also because we have weapons and tools built around controlling positioning - Ophion for grappling, and Osiris for sweeping. I also think how the enemies move has something to do with it, since the Stygians looove to strafe around you.

It lowers the incentive to attack continuously, but there's still some incentive, because while you keep your current grade, you will still have to build the meter back up from zero on that grade (how you see white fill up the letter, and when it's full, it goes to the next grade up).

Paexie

I have no idea why most people are up in arms about the game being easier. I thought that was the point of this game in the first place, to bring in people who are not into the hack n' slash genre because of the competitive level of practice you'll need to have in order to get SSS in the original games. It's seriously not as casualized as everyone thinks. To a hardcore player it sure feels that way, but in the hands of a dude that isn't into this sort of gameplay it is all good.

AngelMode

That's how it was in DMC4 also.
For Nero maybe. But it was really hard for newcomers to learn Dante unless they had played DMC3 before.

I did play DMC3 before so I didn't have much trouble when I started playing as Dante, in fact I loved him so much more than Nero (which I thought was really dumb down), but most of my friends who played DMC4 as their first DMC game liked Nero more 'cus he was much easier to use. I remember this one time one told me "Dante sucks, he doesn't have the arm like Nero so it is impossible for him to get close to his enemies fast enough and those styles of him just get in the way of doing all his moves." And I laughed, but the kid was right from his point of view.

Damn...So much for thinking I was the best.

I've managed to do everything brea has done there except for the stinger>trillion stabs>cancel E&I>loop. I've only managed to do the loop once, it's hard as hell and the way it is done in that video is ridiculously fast. Wtf speed man...

Top Bottom