• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Official Demo Thread

Mister Z

Changes avatars like they were t-shirts
Are you from Spain, then? If so, could you do me a little favor (if it isn't too much to ask.. (>.>))? Could you set your system language to English and see if the voices will be in English?

Sorry, from Mexico. It's odd that you guys cannot have access to different languages. For me, I just have to change the system language to switch between English and Spanish.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Sorry, from Mexico. It's odd that you guys cannot have access to different languages. For me, I just have to change the system language to switch between English and Spanish.
I've looked arround and I can't find a language setting. I'm downloading the Mexican version but my system is set to english so I'm hoping none none english demos have the opition.

¿De que parte de México?

Mister Z

Changes avatars like they were t-shirts
I've looked arround and I can't find a language setting. I'm downloading the Mexican version but my system is set to english so I'm hoping none none english demos have the opition.

¿De que parte de México?

Did you try looking under System Settings > System Language on the PS3 menu? Simply doing the switch does the trick.

And sorry, I don't like disclosing my location on open internet forums.

Nothing personal, though. :)

berto

I Saw the Devil
I know the where the language set uo is on the x-bar, I just rather not have to alternate that often since I'm so forgetful and lazy.

I understand. It's nice to have paisanos arround, though. I don't get to speak much spanish since most of my friends are gringos and because of that my spanish has suffered alot.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
I recently played the demo as It finally downloaded into PS3 thankfully mine net not goed into it usuall crap mode when I tried to download anything and damn but Im impressed by an small bit of action game offers. Now Im in shame that I only preordered Pc version not PS3 one :/

YamatoWielder

Protector of Mankind
I've played the demo yesterday and wow, I was impressed. I have no problems on the soft lock-on and the new Stinger move but above all, I enjoyed the hell out of it. Still, the combat is smooth, still DMC in fashion but the environments makes the game more challenging. I was always like "Sh*t, I need to get out of here." Need to play more in order to learn more.

January come closer. :)

Paexie

This demo is dangerously addicting... I pretty much perfected my Nephilim playthrough. I usually don't play underwatch in SoS because of those damn aligned enemies just break up my flow way too much.

But seriously... I need the full game.

Zilla

The inFAAMous
^ If by Aligned You mean Stance-specific, then yeah I agree fully. The Angel-specific/Demon-specific enemies are a nice touch, but with only Osiris and Arbiter it just feels like you're being forced to ruin your score by repeating attacks. I assume, though, that once DT'd, any weapon will harm them. I usually save My DT bar for the third fight, when both spawn, so that I can wail on one of them so I can focus entirely on the other.

Also the upgraded Fodder at the beginning, who block everything and can only be harmed with Arbiter just break the flow too much.

But yeah, as of now, really digging Nephilim, the best time I've done it in is 6:33.

And yeah, I need the full game. I'm aching to mow down demonic hordes and traverse insane scenery all over the place!

crush

^ If by Aligned You mean Stance-specific, then yeah I agree fully. The Angel-specific/Demon-specific enemies are a nice touch, but with only Osiris and Arbiter it just feels like you're being forced to ruin your score by repeating attacks. I assume, though, that once DT'd, any weapon will harm them. I usually save My DT bar for the third fight, when both spawn, so that I can wail on one of them so I can focus entirely on the other.

Also the upgraded Fodder at the beginning, who block everything and can only be harmed with Arbiter just break the flow too much.

But yeah, as of now, really digging Nephilim, the best time I've done it in is 6:33.

And yeah, I need the full game. I'm aching to mow down demonic hordes and traverse insane scenery all over the place!

Actually if you DT. You can attack them with any weapon you please! You can lift the red-knights with Osiris or smash the angel-knight with Arbiter or use rebellion's drive to finish them off!
I guess Dante rips them of their power, which is a cool setting.

Tosto

The Dark Brawler
I downloaded the demo this morning, and i've basically been playing it all day :lol:. It's so awesome!!

I thought i'd have a lot more trouble with this game, mainly because you have to keep hold of the trigger buttons and lack of manual lock on; but when you play it just comes natural when you star fighting. The only thing I still get confused with is the angel and demon grapple but i'm sure that'll go away with more practice. I've been able to get SS ranks and everything so far. I've also already found every key, did each secret mission, and found all of the lost souls :p. I also like how they have moves that aren't in the move list proving what Tameem said was true, the game doesn't tell you everything. I found the move 'Drive' (not sure what its called on this) all by myself and felt awesome :D.

The Poison fight however, I didn't do so good on...
I've only beat her once, on normal difficulty; and even then I only had one bar of health left. I plan to retry her until I get it right. My main problem I think, is that i'm trying to do too much damage to her, which means i'm too close and can't move out of the way quick enough. I've been looking on youtube to get some tips.

But this is an awesome demo, a level and boss fight, four difficulty settings, and the extras in the levels. My excitement for this game has went through the roof!! :w00t:
That's exactly how I feel about the game as well. :w00t:

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
There's another video of some player getting from B to SSS by using Arbiter's pause combo on three enemies at a time.

I've tried that. It doesn't work. Unless you're really good at kiting and spacing enemies.

wat.

AngelMode

There's another video of some player getting from B to SSS by using Arbiter's pause combo on three enemies at a time.

I've tried that. It doesn't work. Unless you're really good at kiting and spacing enemies.

wat.

I've gotten from a B to a SS hitting one enemy with Arbiter's pause combo after a demon dodge. So I wouldn't be surprised if someone can get to SSS hitting a bunch of enemies at once. It really depends on so many factors, like... if you had spammed the move beforehand or how many hits did you actually land on those x amount of enemies at once.

Top Bottom