• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Official Demo Thread

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Just made an account for this. The demo is very enjoyable and is along with Dragon's Dogma and Dragon Age II, one of few demos that I find myself coming back to over and over again.

What I really want to mention is the evade function. When pressing R1/RB or L1/LB in the air, Dante with either move to the direction the left stick is moved towards or he'll flip in the air when the stick is left in place. When holding down R2/RT, the Demon "stance", Dante will always move back when the stick is not moved in any direction when you evade in the air. This doesn't happen with Human and Angel "stance". I want to confirm if this is true with other people and that it's not just my controller acting up when I hold down R2 and neutral air evade. Considering that this is a demo, I don't know if this will be in the full game or that this is something that was accidentally forgotten by the developers.

Otherwise, this demo is really fun and there aren't a lot of problems besides the ones mentioned already by others. And another note, for me, the PS3 is fine with no issues but the occasional frame skip in the loading screen and cutscenes.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
On the ground, Dante will always roll backwards if the Left Stick is left stationary during any Evade. But you're right, in the air, Dante will only move backwards during a Demon Evade.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
On the ground, Dante will always roll backwards if the Left Stick is left stationary during any Evade. But you're right, in the air, Dante will only move backwards during a Demon Evade.
I wonder why that is? When both Human and Angel forms allow for a neutral air evade, but not Demon. As for the ground evade, there isn't anything as a neutral ground evade similar to what DMC Vergil could do (Trick Down I think allowed for that, I can't remember it been a while since I played DMC3:SE) (maybe DmC Vergil as well) and moving backwards in the real word is instinct I think. Adding to that, DmC and DMC Dante both aren't as teleportation savvy as the DMC and DmC Vergil.

chocolatepanda

Yeah, this game feels like a upgraded DMC2. I agree much with that. My friend also said that he never thought a game with a combat system that looks like DMC2 will make success.

I actually like how DMC2 was but it was the 1st DMC i played. It didnt have lot of ideas that were just made better in DMC3 though like air combos, firework, million stab and twosome time

I wonder why that is? When both Human and Angel forms allow for a neutral air evade, but not Demon. As for the ground evade, there isn't anything as a neutral ground evade similar to what DMC Vergil could do (Trick Down I think allowed for that, I can't remember it been a while since I played DMC3:SE) (maybe DmC Vergil as well) and moving backwards in the real word is instinct I think. Adding to that, DmC and DMC Dante both aren't as teleportation savvy as the DMC and DmC Vergil.
Well Virgil did prefer to use his sword to dish out damage so perfecting a way to close in and deal damage is a good idea. And as for the stationary teleport for Virgil in DMC is was just a normal trick that took u close to the enemy but if you were close enough he didnt move, using trick down on the ground made him teleport backwards.

Sunaka Marién

Sorry if this has already been answered here somewhere (but I don't feel like going trough 28 pages of text (<.<)), but does anybody know if you can play the European demo with the original english dub if you set the system language to English? Because, like, I just watched it on Youtube and omg the Geman dub is SO AWFUL I don't wanna play it with that dub (TT_TT)

Sunaka Marién

This game has different dubs?
Yes. All the European releases have dubs in the language of their representative country, I think. Well, I know for sure that there is a German one, and I've seen someone talking about an Italian dub. And sometime ago, I found an article about that, so, I guess there are French and Spanish ones aswell, and maybe some others.

crush

Sorry if this has already been answered here somewhere (but I don't feel like going trough 28 pages of text (<.<)), but does anybody know if you can play the European demo with the original english dub if you set the system language to English? Because, like, I just watched it on Youtube and omg the Geman dub is SO AWFUL I don't wanna play it with that dub (TT_TT)

I guess Japan was quite lucky...From the looks of my thread then.

Mister Z

Changes avatars like they were t-shirts
There is a spanish dub too, and a pretty decent one. A few lines were different as well, which I thought sounded a little better than in english. When Poison asks Dante "Who are you?", Dante responds with "Me? I'm your prom date." Then at the end of the fight he finishes with something along the lines of "Not picking you to the prom anymore." Sounds kinda lame written, I know, but I thought the delivery in actual sounds was kinda neat.

Paexie

I really don't like the spanish dub actually. Maybe because the slurring in with a Spaniard accent just doesn't fit for me. A more castellano dub would have been more fitting imho.

Sigh. Poison sounds so weird too.

Mister Z

Changes avatars like they were t-shirts
I really don't like the spanish dub actually. Maybe because the slurring in with a Spaniard accent just doesn't fit for me. A more castellano dub would have been more fitting imho.

Sigh. Poison sounds so weird too.

Poison, for some weird reason, only sounds weird on the pre-cutscene, when her voice sounds like a low and raspy human voice. It isn't until the fight starts when her voice becomes distorted and demonic.

And well, Spain is still the no.1 spanish game dubber, and after hearing so many spanish dubs on games I've grown used to it. Latin America has begun to enter the world of game dubbing though, and should they get picked to make their own dub, that'd be something to look forward to.

Sunaka Marién

Poison, for some weird reason, only sounds weird on the pre-cutscene, when her voice sounds like a low and raspy human voice. It isn't until the fight starts when her voice becomes distorted and demonic.

And well, Spain is still the no.1 spanish game dubber, and after hearing so many spanish dubs on games I've grown used to it. Latin America has begun to enter the world of game dubbing though, and should they get picked to make their own dub, that'd be something to look forward to.
Are you from Spain, then? If so, could you do me a little favor (if it isn't too much to ask.. (>.>))? Could you set your system language to English and see if the voices will be in English?

Sunaka Marién

I guess they expect non-English speaking countries to not speak English :x

But none of the other DMC games were dubbed, so this is actually new. And it's been like that with many other games aswell, so it's not that big of deal for a game not to be dubbed. And the German dubs usually are really really bad. That's why I've set my 360's syst. language to Enlish quit a while ago, to avoid these horrendous dubs :/

It might be optional in the main game though.

I really hope so! I've just tweeted at them about this and hope they'll respond...

berto

I Saw the Devil
Spanish dubbing!!!??? TELL ME MORE!! What PSN store do I GET that from!?

But to ansewr tha question, it might be better to just create a US PSN account and get the english version, it's free an it takes no time. All you need is an address, which doesn't need to be real, and a city and zip code, which do need to be real but thaks to google maps is a singe.

As for the actual game is eurpe a single region? 'Cause you could just get it from an English store if that's the case.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Well, most Capcom games have been in English, for whatever reason. That's why many of their earlier games have such horribly hilarious voice acting - they just grabbed random English-speakers from wherever and threw them in the recording studio :p After a while, it just became a staple, and they started hiring better English-speaking actors.

NT however, does things different, like many other Western developers, making several dubs, because of the larger amount of languages that comprise the occidental world.

Sunaka Marién

Spanish dubbing!!!??? TELL ME MORE!! What PSN store do I GET that from!?

But to ansewr tha question, it might be better to just create a US PSN account and get the english version, it's free an it takes no time. All you need is an address, which doesn't need to be real, and a city and zip code, which do need to be real but thaks to google maps is a singe.

As for the actual game is eurpe a single region? 'Cause you could just get it from an English store if that's the case.

Don't have a PS3, so that won't work :/ But thanks, I'll keep that in mind should I ever get one :3
And yes, Europe is one region, so I could just get the British version, I guess...

Well, most Capcom games have been in English, for whatever reason. That's why many of their earlier games have such horribly hilarious voice acting - they just grabbed random English-speakers from wherever and threw them in the recording studio :p After a while, it just became a staple, and they started hiring better English-speaking actors.

NT however, does things different, like many other Western developers, making several dubs, because of the larger amount of languages that comprise the occidental world.

I guess it's about money, because dubbing games is probably rather expensive :/ And it's not just Capcom who didn't dub their games, like, Sonic was never dubbed until Generations (and that dub is terrible aswell (-_-)). It only seems to be that way with games from Japan, though...?
I don't think it's because of NT that it's being dubbed, though, since Resident Evil Revelations & 6 were dubbed aswell, it seems Capcom just starts doing that kinda thing. And I highly dissapprove.

Top Bottom