• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Official Demo Thread

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
I downloaded the demo this morning, and i've basically been playing it all day :lol:. It's so awesome!!

I thought i'd have a lot more trouble with this game, mainly because you have to keep hold of the trigger buttons and lack of manual lock on; but when you play it just comes natural when you star fighting. The only thing I still get confused with is the angel and demon grapple but i'm sure that'll go away with more practice. I've been able to get SS ranks and everything so far. I've also already found every key, did each secret mission, and found all of the lost souls :p. I also like how they have moves that aren't in the move list proving what Tameem said was true, the game doesn't tell you everything. I found the move 'Drive' (not sure what its called on this) all by myself and felt awesome :D.

The Poison fight however, I didn't do so good on...
I've only beat her once, on normal difficulty; and even then I only had one bar of health left. I plan to retry her until I get it right. My main problem I think, is that i'm trying to do too much damage to her, which means i'm too close and can't move out of the way quick enough. I've been looking on youtube to get some tips.

But this is an awesome demo, a level and boss fight, four difficulty settings, and the extras in the levels. My excitement for this game has went through the roof!! :w00t:

Dante47

I think I'll pr-order the game now, after playing the demo enough. It's fun. I was mostly worried about the gameplay and they have really delivered. I just hope the story is as good.

MyNameIsDante

I have no idea what you guys are talking about the ps3 version is smooth and fast for me, but they really need to fix the cutscenes. I scored my first SSSensational! And I also found this little easter egg on a stop sign.....hehe
hEepo.jpg
FWGGT.jpg

crush

I have no idea what you guys are talking about the ps3 version is smooth and fast for me, but they really need to fix the cutscenes. I scored my first SSSensational! And I also found this little easter egg on a stop sign.....hehe
hEepo.jpg

Oh, thanks! I didn't realise that! The background artwork is good isn't it?
Erm...but may I ask just in case, what is it?

I found Yamato in where you go down the alleyway where the Dante "Isn't wanted here"
The secret mission keys seem to resemble Mundus as well...

MyNameIsDante

Oh, thanks! I didn't realise that! The background artwork is good isn't it?
Erm...but may I ask just in case, what is it?

I found Yamato in where you go down the alleyway where the Dante "Isn't wanted here"
The secret mission keys seem to resemble Mundus as well...
If you're talking about where the easter egg is look at the stop sign, theres a face on it, But thats nothing compared to what you've found! I'll look for yamato next time I play...

chocolatepanda

Okay so alot of people are saying that the game is easy even on Son of sparda mode........I hope this redeems on the other bosses.
I've heard mixed replies and have experienced both. If you know how to counter Poison yea she's easy since u can dish out a lot of damage with the Arbiter and a jeezus load of damage if u use DT but if you have bad timing you'll take a quite a bit of damage. For the actual mission on SoS the harpies are what got my on my 1st playthrough on SoS but once you figure out that the angel lift works on em they become easier to deal with. So basically if you know what to do its easy but if u dont have a clue u get owned.

One thing i like about the demo is how i found out DT wont make the game easy(cept maybe boss fights) since just activating DT takes up a good chunk of the gauge so u can spam it

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I don't get it, its a giant white and red egg thing. What Easter Egg is it supposed to be?

Why should non Gold Xbox Live users wait until next week to play the demo?! Unfair! I hate you all! *tear*

ZeroLove

Okay, now I've finally tried the demo for myself and it was really cool. ^^
The sound jumped in one of the trailers for just a second, but that was the only bug I noticed. Other than that, it went smooth.

It took some time to get used to which button to hold down to activate the different weapons and moves, but after a little while I got a hang of it. My only real complaint is the camera. It was a bit annoying to manage all the time, definately a change from the fixed camera setting in the old DMC series and it seemed more like a distraction than a relief to be able to control the camera like that. I guess it just takes a while to get used to.

As for the gameplay, it was awesome! I loved the many combinations and moves I could pull off from the get go and Osiris is DEFINATELY my favourite weapon to use. The Arbiter was less clunky than I had imagined and it was quite useful against enemies with shields, to quickly take those down.

Overall quite a nice demo and I can't wait to get the full game when it is released in January. ^^

berto

I Saw the Devil
Does anyone know how to pull off the fist slam on the demo? The one where you are up inmid air, charge and the he punches the ground.

Noel

I finally get to play the demo. Its really fun. I play it for 3 hours and that is unusual for me because i don't really spend my time playing demos that long. Good job Ninja Theory and Capcom.

But I'm gonna write some of the game negative since every positive thoughts i have on the game have been said by everyone already.

1. Framerate. I use a PS3 and the cutscenes framerate does drop and becomes choppy. And that's big no from me especially if you are selling the cutscenes as one of the game big draw. The framerate does drop for me during gameplay, but not during the combat but during malice. And if malice occur during combat, there's a chance the frame rate will drop.

2. Auto Lock-on. It does do well during most cases and i agree a members argument that it is something that i have to get use too. But there's several time when i dodge behind an enemy attack and it loses the lock on on that enemy, which unable me to attack the enemy from behind. Its not perfect its what i'm saying .

3. The lost soul moan is annoying. fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it.

4. The window to do angel uppercut should be a little bigger. Kinda like Nero's rebound move.

Overall I'm like the game. I definitely will buy the game full-price.

scionicspectre

Does anyone know how to pull off the fist slam on the demo? The one where you are up inmid air, charge and the he punches the ground.

I believe you're referring to the Eryx slam-down move (whatever we're calling these). It's not a persistent move- it comes exclusively with that weapon.

Top Bottom