• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Official Demo Thread

m100t8s

Played the Demo about like 5 times. Now i'm really good at the game, I'll keep training on the demo untill the game comes out, even with the fact DmC seems a little bit easier than previous DMC games. The demo have no flaws in my opinion so far..

I used to enjoy watching DmC gameplay videos, But now after playing it and having my own experience i feel like i'm in heaven! The full game would be even more enjoyable!

I said the first time i played the demo that the only flaw is the DT and it's OP and should get nerfed.. Now after playing the demo more, It isn't that much OP. Yeah it's better than the old DT in the previous DMC games. But it isn't that good. It's OK.

New Dante have some sense of humor in american style, You know... trash talkin and all that, It would look stupid if old Dante was swearing, But New Dante kinda makes it look funny somehow!

Zilla

The inFAAMous
I LOVE the demo. I swear I've played Under Watch about 10 or 15 times now, nearly racked up 50 upgrade points and 7k Orbs. Managed an SS on Son of Sparda just there now.

My one complaint would be the Harpies, they seem to have an absolutely ridiculous amount of health and very seldom allow You to Devil Pull them.

Paexie

My one complaint would be the Harpies, they seem to have an absolutely ridiculous amount of health and very seldom allow You to Devil Pull them.
Yeah. You are supposed to lift up to them and bring them down with either multiple helm breakers or the Arbiter. Same goes for shielded enemies. It's way better to break them than to pull them.

Zilla

The inFAAMous
Yeah. You are supposed to lift up to them and bring them down with either multiple helm breakers or the Arbiter. Same goes for shielded enemies. It's way better to break them than to pull them.
You know, I just had a friend who's playing now try that, LT X to B, and it worked like charm.

You beautiful, beautiful woman.

Spaz

Played both the PS3 and 360 demo several times since yesterday.
Loving the hell out of it so far. The visuals, animations and especially the sounds and music, its viscously beautiful. I love it!

Gameplay feels very good, though not quite as tight as I'd hoped.
As far as I can tell there is no weapon canceling and the "Devil Trigger" is little more than a glorified Bullet Time effect with health regen.
This might just be me not getting the timing right, but sometimes after holding down the Angel or Devil buttons and releasing them to use Rebellion for the next move, the Angel/Devil weapon will be used again even after the button has been released. It just feels like some moves have really sluggish cancel timing especially in the air.
Also, move list is incomplete. Stinger, Trillion Stab, Rainstorm and Inverse Rainstorm are not listed.
I'm hoping most of this is just the demo build.

I have also noticed a significant difference in performance between the 360 and PS3 demos. The 360 version runs flawlessly at all times, but I'm having noticable framerate drops on the PS3, mostly in the cutscenes. Some sounds also cut out breefly on the PS3.

But damn if I'm not having fun with this demo! I feel it's shaping up to be a great game. I just hope the performance issues can be worked out as the PS3 is my console of choice for games like this.

AngelMode

This might just be me not getting the timing right, but sometimes after holding down the Angel or Devil buttons and releasing them to use Rebellion for the next move, the Angel/Devil weapon will be used again even after the button has been released. It just feels like some moves have really sluggish cancel timing especially in the air.
Also, move list is incomplete. Stinger, Trillion Stab, Rainstorm and Inverse Rainstorm are not listed.
I'm hoping most of this is just the demo build.

I have also noticed a significant difference in performance between the 360 and PS3 demos. The 360 version runs flawlessly at all times, but I'm having noticable framerate drops on the PS3, mostly in the cutscenes. Some sounds also cut out breefly on the PS3.

Yeah, the timing on the triggers is weird. Osiris' animations are hard to cancel, and Arbiter is just slow so it sort of makes sense... but still.
You missed Ricoshot, that's also there.

And I had the same issue, I thought the PS3 looked better during gameplay but some in-game cutscenes looked weird with pixeled shadows and stuff...

EDIT:

I made a video talking about some stuff like jump canceling, dodging, and parrying. It might help some:

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Demo results: Everyone cries.
Demons due to pain.
Fans due to joy...and some cuz "it's not DMC" or w/e the hell
now to go thru it again :devil:

Dante47

Finally found all the secret levels...

Also, Son of Sparda is pretty insane. I'd recommended Nephilim for your first playthrough. I've also heard that "Heaven and Hell", and the "Hell or Hell" modes will return in the full game. :)

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Still hopin' NT will have Dante/Vergil Must Die as a difficulty level. On a side note, my ONLY issue with the demo: No taunt button :(

crush

I am very happy to see that many approve of this game.
The very negative views that were in 2chan is gradually fading away. (Bah, those were just plain idiots)
Many are surprised to see that it may be one of the success titles of western reboots.
Even some say "Dante seems cool all of a sudden you move him around."
The only "negative" view that anybody says is "This doesn't have to be DMC!." or "This is not DMC!"

If not for that it seems undisputedly a good DMC.

Finally found all the secret levels...

Also, Son of Sparda is pretty insane. I'd recommended Nephilim for your first playthrough. I've also heard that "Heaven and Hell", and the "Hell or Hell" modes will return in the full game. :)

Don't forget DMD. I have a feeling those flying cherubs shoot you 3 times. And enemies will DT quite fast since their numbers are great.

Spaz

You missed Ricoshot, that's also there.

Ah right, Ricoshot, the new Charge Shot is not listed either.
Just noticed that the Angel double-tap-dodge seems to have a short range tracking teleport in the air. Can't get it to teleport upwards though... Experimentation go!
Edit: Meh, no tracking. Just a directional input teleport/dodge. Stil makes for some flashy combo extenders though. :)

And yeah, where is me soddin' taunt button? >_<

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
PS3 version sucking is not actually a surprise.

In fact, I saw it coming since UNREAL engine was announced, UNREAL and PS3 have a bad history together

Top Bottom