• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC might get a next gen remake? "DmC: Devil may Cry Ultimate"

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
I'm only buying it twice to spite t3h fanboys. :)

Dude. I kinda lost count of how many times I bought it. In my defense, I bought it a lot for other people. Though I do own a PS3/360/PC version myself. Guess I am - how do you say - dedicated. Hope the PS4 version will be added too.

But I'd love some new cover art! I like the cover art as it is, but I see it over and over and over again lol. Just let 'em get someone to draw Dante in another action pose :)

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Dude. I kinda lost count of how many times I bought it. In my defense, I bought it a lot for other people. Though I do own a PS3/360/PC version myself. Guess I am - how do you say - dedicated. Hope the PS4 version will be added too.

But I'd love some new cover art! I like the cover art as it is, but I see it over and over and over again lol. Just let 'em get someone to draw Dante in another action pose :)

I've seen her Tumblr, I can vouch for this. She's got 10001 copies of the same DmC game.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Here's a great "HD" Joke (No, it wasn't an actual game, it was Gameinformer teaming up with GabeN)
n1NaJ.jpg

LoneRangerNinjutsu

The Man Without Fear!
One more reason for me to buy a current gen system, I suppose. Although, I'd be out the door and on my to the nearest gaming store to buy my shiny new PS4 if they announced a DmC2 for current gen consoles!

Even though I did buy my copy of DmC off of Steam and not on consoles, I would hope that this port to the now current gen consoles would be one of marked improvement and not just a lazy port. I believe the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition would be a good example, though I've never played it.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Halo 3 wraps it up with an ending of Master Chief presumed dead only in space lost going to sleep. The only way that ending truly works is if Master Chief doesn't continue.
I remember everyone reacted to the Halo 4 announcement trailer with "MICROSOFT BE TROLLIN'!"
Then again, this is the same company who shut down Halo 2 multiplayer. And used "Relive the same great multiplayer" as a selling point for Master Chief collection. So, I'm not that surprised

DantesLink

Premium
Supporter 2014
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I believe I read something that said that NT was working on a new IP. They will be appearing at GDC Europe to talk about old games (so maybe DmC), games that never made it, AND their new game. That tweet might be referring to the announcement of said game.
Very much so, I believe that. Just posted it out of mindless hype for DmC:U.

DantesLink

Premium
Supporter 2014
Yeah dude, no, full price on **** like this no. I'm only doing DmC if they decrease the price for those who have it on PS3. LIKE THEY DID FF REALM REBORN.

Seriously? What the ****?
Pretty much. Unless this was the mother of all "Ultimate/Special/Definitive" Edition in terms of extra content, there's no way in hell they can justify full price/$60. I don't see this breaking the $45 limit.
Plus, Capcom has a history of at the very least putting a price cut on most of their re-releases.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I heard about this about 2 months ago. Looks like many big developers like Capcom and SE decided to continue rehash run. I also heard of FF XIII trilogy (which means even more delays for KH3).

No it doesn't. KH3 is being made by a completely different team than what would work on something like the trilogy set. Hell, FFXV is being developed by the KH dev team right now, hence why KH3 will be coming after XV. Any main Final Fantasy (the numbered ones, aside from online ones) is made by a primary dev team called the First Production Department.

---------------

On topic - this would be cool. I would totally get it again, especially if it got the 60fps treatment, and it'll go right along with the rumored Sleeping Dogs on PS4 as well.

DantesLink

Premium
Supporter 2014
On topic - this would be cool. I would totally get it again, especially if it got the 60fps treatment, and it'll go right along with the rumored Sleeping Dogs on PS4 as well.
Ooh, do you mean Sleeping Dogs: Triad Wars? Or was there something else rumored?

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014

If they do have new cover art, I just hope it's this Dante pose:
Fresh-DmC-Devil-May-Cry-Screenshots-Show-Off-Dante-Demons-Combat-2.jpg

[Or the one where he just finishes a sword swing -- you know which one -- I couldn't find it myself though.]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Combined with this Vergil pose:

ee540b367e64836a9bfd747a65878011.jpg

Or, yet again, that pose where he just finishes drawing his sword out on the final hit of his regular combo.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't worry about buying multiple copies; for every ten poor, depraved individuals who tell other people NOT to buy DmC, there exists at least one freethinking and exceptional soul out there that not only will recommend DmC, but is also willing to lend or buy them a copy themselves.

The Underdogs. The Partisans. The Edgy Hipsters.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, wanna see my tumblr?

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
No it doesn't. KH3 is being made by a completely different team than what would work on something like the trilogy set. Hell, FFXV is being developed by the KH dev team right now, hence why KH3 will be coming after XV. Any main Final Fantasy (the numbered ones, aside from online ones) is made by a primary dev team called the First Production Department.
I remember them involving secondary teams in trilogy development. Thats pretty much was reason why Versus was pushed/remade into FF XV

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
You know what's going to make me buy a next-gen console? Next-gen EXCLUSIVES. Not games that I can literally buy on my current-gen consoles.
"But Wolf, it has better framerate and sharper graphics. Doesn't that warrant dropping $300-400 and repurchasing a game you already own?"
What exactly does slightly better graphics do for games? Thief 4 would be just as ****ty playing it on a Xbox 360 or a Xbox One. The Last of Us would still be more movie than game regardless if it's being played on PS3 or PS4.

It's not like these games are getting full-on graphical enhancements, like Resident Evil for the GameCube, or Star Fox 64 3D for the 3DS. These are literally the SAME GAMES, with marginal resolution and framerate tweaks. I'm fairly certain people will enjoy/hate/mindlessly despise DmC regardless if it runs better on consoles or not.

Top Bottom