• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC & Lost Planet 3 SDCC Panel

somekidfromthe90's

Off Topic:

I didn't want to make a thread for this, so here ya go.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/6038-A-Game-By-Any-Other-Name
Dude i **** you not i laughed so frikin hard when i heard Dante's voice crack when he was mourning....OMG!!!!! It's just brilliant!!!

On a more serious side note(now that i managed to catch my breath and not die) i have to say i do agree with the guy...not because he supports DmC but because he looks at games in a very frank and honest way without getting to over emotional.

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.
If there was one thing that I would want to be emphasized more, it's the buildings/walls attacking Dante. Like maybe there could be a scythe or some arm reaching out to try and mess up his combos and damage him (not like in the previous games where if you got close to the door or a sealed wall), to really create a frantic, complex atmosphere. I saw a little of it when he was running and he was (electrocuted?) So, if they could bump that up a little more, that would be awesome!

somekidfromthe90's

Ditto
ani132.gif

Railazel

If there was one thing that I would want to be emphasized more, it's the buildings/walls attacking Dante. Like maybe there could be a scythe or some arm reaching out to try and mess up his combos and damage him (not like in the previous games where if you got close to the door or a sealed wall), to really create a frantic, complex atmosphere. I saw a little of it when he was running and he was (electrocuted?) So, if they could bump that up a little more, that would be awesome!

That was one of things that disappointed me the most. They said that the city was trying to kill him, but it doesn't seem to make a serious attempt to until those running scenes where it just tears itself apart. I thought they meant it was going to attack him or that the landscape would change while he was fighting, but nope.

AngelMode

About the electrocuted part, he recieved damage because he did not change mode properly according to the tiles he was standing on. There are the regular pinkish(?) tiles that you can be in whatever mode and you will be fine, but you will receive damage on red tiles if you are not in demon mode, and on blue tiles if you are not in angel. This happens within combat when a stripe of tiles moves along the floor but also when he crosses the bridge at a certain point, those tiles are there as well.

Nothing too big, but Berto confirmed that you WILL die if you stand still on the part where the walls close in on you, so it is not a simple sequence to show off and nothing will happen. Besides that, yeah... they have not shown much of the whole "world trying to kill you" thing. I guess they meant that by the enemies themselves, since they are sort of like white blood cells, meaning you can actually think of the enemy as being part of the world attacking you.

Britt690

I
That was one of things that disappointed me the most. They said that the city was trying to kill him, but it doesn't seem to make a serious attempt to until those running scenes where it just tears itself apart. I thought they meant it was going to attack him or that the landscape would change while he was fighting, but nope.
I know! I mean they still have time to go in and fix stuff, but I really wanted to see the city really trying to kill the dude!

Britt690

About the electrocuted part, he recieved damage because he did not change mode properly according to the tiles he was standing on. There are the regular pinkish(?) tiles that you can be in whatever mode and you will be fine, but you will receive damage on red tiles if you are not in demon mode, and on blue tiles if you are not in angel. This happens within combat when a stripe of tiles moves along the floor but also when he crosses the bridge at a certain point, those tiles are there as well.

Nothing too big, but Berto confirmed that you WILL die if you stand still on the part where the walls close in on you, so it is not a simple sequence to show off and nothing will happen. Besides that, yeah... they have not shown much of the whole "world trying to kill you" thing. I guess they meant that by the enemies themselves, since they are sort of like white blood cells, meaning you can actually think of the enemy as being part of the world attacking you.
Oh so that's what Alex and them were saying. I couldn't really get the gist of it. I had an idea of what they were saying but it really wasn't all that clear to me about what was supposed to do what. Thanks for that.

And the whole white blood cell thing, I see that happening, but I guess I just want them to mix it up a little bit. You know with Tameen and him repeating the city's gonna attack and I'm all waiting on it to happen other than the demons rising out of the ground and walls and stuff. I guess I misinterpreted as the "city" attacking him (walls coming down, arms reaching out, pieces of the building falling on him) and that's...not what he...meant????

Railazel

I guess I misinterpreted as the "city" attacking him (walls coming down, arms reaching out, pieces of the building falling on him) and that's...not what he...meant????

Actually, it was. The parts where the city tries to kill you are the parts where it tears itself apart.

AngelMode

Actually, it was. The parts where the city tries to kill you are the parts where it tears itself apart.

I guess he was probably expecting a little bit more than that. But I'm sure that was enough for that one level. I mean, the church sequence was amazing enough, and the city part... well, the city literally broke apart entirely. So I'm sure we will see more of that in other levels as well.

crush

Britt690

I know that, but I meant from like the physical standpoint, other than the demons, where the city actually physically touches you. As a girl, I just think that the city needs to be a little more violent towards him...that probably sounds weird but I guess I'm not satisfied with what they've shown and I want to see more, lol.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I know that, but I meant from like the physical standpoint, other than the demons, where the city actually physically touches you. As a girl, I just think that the city needs to be a little more violent towards him...that probably sounds weird but I guess I'm not satisfied with what they've shown and I want to see more, lol.
We've only seen 2 stages at play. The game is like half a year away. Theyre avoiding revealing too much. The demo stage was made to show players or give them a taste of DmC(you can say it was simplified for the sake of the demo so people can enjoy the gameplay mechanics). Its not going to be hard. DMC4 demo was very disappointing itself but the final game was fantastic(just lacking a bit).

The new stage IMO is fantastic not only for its visuals but for its creative platforming. The nightclub unlike other limbo twisted stages is more of a deathmatch challenge or a rigged trap(by Lilith) in the form of a game-show. Its set in a world out to kill you but there are many ways it can kill you(pits, closing-in walls, traps, etc). Just wait til they revealed more. Being disappointing so early is not a good way to do it(in fact that is how people who are against the game or anti-DmC do it).

Wanting more or expecting more is fine but for game still months away from its release & finished product being disappointed is too early in the game. Just hope for more but one can mainly be disappointed a month or 2 before its final release if they don't like what they don't see.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
statuething.png

Great job Choco but to me it looks like a melted candle :/

As for the City trying to kill Dante. IT HAS BEEN TRYING TO KILL DANTE! Berto said if you stand around the walls are actually moving closer and closer. And other times the floor will disappear. I also believe that higher demons can control the world as well, especially after watching Lilith, but without a demon in the driver seat the world isn't as threatening.

Top Bottom