• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Gameplay Compilation

Zilla

The inFAAMous
Interesting to see that Capcom are literally schooling Ninja Theory on the finer aspects of tight combat structure. It would be curious to see if Ninja Theory holds onto this knowledge for future projects, such as Devil May Sword, and Enslaved May Cry.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Yes, i find supervising sounding very minimal.
But i wonder what part of gameplay Capcom helped them alot with. FPS? Is that part Capcom helped NT alot with?
If supervising was a trivial job supervisors wouldn't get paid much or have much to do at work.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Well,after DmC there is no doubt that NT will be a beast from the experience they gain from capcom and devil may cry.

McdD

Ignorant and closeminded - That's me :D
So what exactly are you not understanding? You can't get past your own definition of contribute? Did your teacher not 'contribute' to your education? That does not mean he did your homework does it?

All Capcom did was exactly what was said. You seem to believe it isn't enough to give them credit for their contributions. Itsuno did not have to type or click a thing. Only teach and guide. NT did all the physical work.

also, there's no way anyone at Capcom could have "shown something" or worked at all in the unreal engine on anything as it takes much time just to learn the software before you use it. That's one of the main reasons that NT did not use Capcoms' engine. According to Tameem.

Any orders given by Capcom were given to the head of development then he directed them to his team. Because of the language barrier, it's easier that way then bypassing him and walking around to type over the shoulders of individual workers.

If any details need to be trimmed or adjusted, a working demo was used in a meeting as a guide so the team's work was not interrupted. (over the shoulder assistance through a translator. Pfft! What are they, in kindergarten?)

Capcom taught, reviewed, and taught some more. Yes, it's tedious. That's why it took a year and change.
I know what contribute means, but i asked in what way. Obviously because you lack something you want to insult my intelligence? How funny.

You talk all day long only message your posts tell is "They taught them stuff". How about they worked together, and NT learned from Capcom.
Because that's exactly what i have been saying but your so unaware that you can't even realize that.
And so delusional that ifi say "They worked together" you think Capcom sit down and did the job. No, they directed them...
Isn't that what Itsuno did for DMC serie? Yes. So what you think he is doing when he's at NT?

They choose Unreal Engine because that's what NT is used to and Capcom want to cut down on time in making a game. If Itsuno tells his translator to tell developer to "Try doing this", then of course the developer who's on his computer can probably understand what Itsuno wants him to try out. If he can't then what's point with a translator? And Itsuno probably isn't only guy being with NT, Alex Jones as well and most likely others that we haven't seen.

Tiran

The great pretender.
I know what contribute means, but i asked in what way. Obviously because you lack something you want to insult my intelligence? How funny.

You talk all day long only message your posts tell is "They taught them stuff". How about they worked together, and NT learned from Capcom.
Because that's exactly what i have been saying but your so unaware that you can't even realize that.
And so delusional that ifi say "They worked together" you think Capcom sit down and did the job. No, they directed them...
Isn't that what Itsuno did for DMC serie? Yes. So what you think he is doing when he's at NT?

They choose Unreal Engine because that's what NT is used to and Capcom want to cut down on time in making a game. If Itsuno tells his translator to tell developer to "Try doing this", then of course the developer who's on his computer can probably understand what Itsuno wants him to try out. If he can't then what's point with a translator? And Itsuno probably isn't only guy being with NT, Alex Jones as well and most likely others that we haven't seen.

I never insulted your intelligence. I used an example.

Yes. You finally get it. "They taught them stuff." That's it.

Well,after DmC there is no doubt that NT will be a beast from the experience they gain from capcom and devil may cry.

Heavenly sword 2, anyone?

McdD

I've gotten it from very beginning. Your one thinking teaching them is only thing they have done. I'm very sure those who are supervising gameplay have worked with NT to solve issues they encountered.

But i guess "they just teached them" to you.

And i don't think there will be HS 2. Nariko died and they gave her a peaceful burial. Perhaps Kai as wielder of the sword? Enslaved sequel seems more possible.

Nelo_Vergil

probably not unless of course they get in talks with sony, considering they own the IP. If you want HS2 it's most likely to come from SSM, Sony Santa Monica.

Tiran

The great pretender.
probably not unless of course they get in talks with sony, considering they own the IP. If you want HS2 it's most likely to come from SSM, Sony Santa Monica.
If Ninja Theory does not make the sequel, watch the hypocritical irony of NT fans attacking Sony Santa Monica For "turning Heavenly sword into another god of war." Then posting rant videos on youtube for not letting NT work on their baby. The cycle continues...

Tiran

The great pretender.
I've gotten it from very beginning. Your one thinking teaching them is only thing they have done. I'm very sure those who are supervising gameplay have worked with NT to solve issues they encountered.

But i guess "they just teached them" to you.

And i don't think there will be HS 2. Nariko died and they gave her a peaceful burial. Perhaps Kai as wielder of the sword? Enslaved sequel seems more possible.
That's part of teaching them. Helping them through the hard parts does not mean doing it for them. You seem to think that there was some sort of 'hands on' approach. There was not. Also, tameem stated that Nariko would be in Heavenly sword 2 if they got to do it. She'd have to get out of hell. Educate yourself, son, then speak.

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2010/10/05/heavenly-sword-2-could-have-featured-hellish-nariko/

McdD

That's part of teaching them. Helping them through the hard parts does not mean doing it for them. You seem to think that there was some sort of 'hands on' approach. There was not. Also, tameem stated that Nariko would be in Heavenly sword 2 if they got to do it. She'd have to get out of hell. Educate yourself, son, then speak.

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2010/10/05/heavenly-sword-2-could-have-featured-hellish-nariko/
I seem to think? How do you know if they didn't do that?

And Nariko was put on a ship and so on. A death, but she died peacefully i suppose.

So how exactly and why wud she be in hell? I don't get that. But i guess your "brain" hasn't thought of that's why i am saying Hs 2 won't come because of that. If your brain catched that you would reply "Well HS 2 is possible because X , and X".

And then you know what would happen? Then i would say "Ah ok i see". And you know what that's called ? Making a good point, something you should try.
You might be even surprised people will believe you.

Tiran

The great pretender.
I seem to think? How do you know if they didn't do that?

And Nariko was put on a ship and so on. A death, but she died peacefully i suppose.

So how exactly and why wud she be in hell?
BECAUSE SHE'S DEAD, YOU IGNORAMUS!!!!!!

don't get that. But i guess your "brain" hasn't thought of that's why i am saying Hs 2 won't come because of that. If your brain catched that you would reply "Well HS 2 is possible because X , and X".

And then you know what would happen? Then i would say "Ah ok i see". And you know what that's called ? Making a good point, something you should try.
You might be even surprised people will believe you.

Dude!!!!! I DIDN'T MAKE ANY THING UP!!! I posted a friggin' link where Tameem says what he had in mind for the sequel!!! Are you trying to troll?!! Please say yes so I know you're just pretending to be like this!

McdD

Dude!!!!! I DIDN'T MAKE ANY THING UP!!! I posted a friggin' link where Tameem says what he had in mind for the sequel!!! Are you trying to troll?!! Please say yes so I know you're just pretending to be like this!
Ok, i will be calm and explain my point.

According to profficicy Narikio is heavenly warrior. And she died protecting people she cared about. Now do you think a person like that would go to hell? Point 1.

Point 2:
The idea Tameem had was just a idea. And considering Narikio died and gave a big speach and his father did too. And she was then put on a ship as her funeral.
So if Narikio went to hell it wouldn't be consistent with Heavenly sword storyline (if i am wrong correct me).

Point 3:
Tameem also said in a other interview that when he makes a game he goes all out so that there is no need for a sequal.

And with point 1, 2 and 3:
chances of a HS 2 sequel does not seem likely if you ask me.

AngelMode

Thank you for this compilation! Maybe list the abilities as well? I can remember the air dash, double jump and enemy step.
jump cancel never forget jump cancel

Haha, alright, I'll put those in there just to say say this quote for NT: "We have jump cancel bitches!"

Interesting to see that Capcom are literally schooling Ninja Theory on the finer aspects of tight combat structure. It would be curious to see if Ninja Theory holds onto this knowledge for future projects, such as Devil May Sword, and Enslaved May Cry.
lol Now that will be a sight to see.

Tiran

The great pretender.
Ok, i will be calm and explain my point.

According to profficicy Narikio is heavenly warrior. And she died protecting people she cared about. Now do you think a person like that would go to hell? Point 1.

If you played the game you'd know that the sword was not sent from heaven and niether was Nariko. Also, Tameem said the sword brought her to hell, not her deeds. That's due to her binding her soul to the sword.

Point 2:
The idea Tameem had was just a idea. And considering Narikio died and gave a big speach and his father did too. And she was then put on a ship as her funeral.
So if Narikio went to hell it wouldn't be consistent with Heavenly sword storyline (if i am wrong correct me).

How, exactly does the nature of a funeral have anything to do with where you go when you die?

Point 3:
Tameem also said in a other interview that when he makes a game he goes all out so that there is no need for a sequal.

Check the interview again. He said there's no need for a sequel (DmC) yet there is certainly scope (not the mouthwash) for one. He was referring specifically to DmC anyway.

And with point 1, 2 and 3:
chances of a HS 2 sequel does not seem likely if you ask me.

Micheal Bay blatantly said that part three was his last Transformers film. He's just announced another film.

Top Bottom