• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Gameplay Compilation

AngelMode

NVM!

Isn't Capcom working on the gameplay?

No, actually, NT is the ones who are developing the whole game... that includes gameplay. What Capcom is doing is supervising this to be sure that it falls in the footsteps of previous titles. That being said, this gameplay is heavily influenced by Capcom, but they aren't the ones making it.

McdD

Ignorant and closeminded - That's me :D
NVM!

No, actually, NT is the ones who are developing the whole game... that includes gameplay. What Capcom is doing is supervising this to be sure that it falls in the footsteps of previous titles. That being said, this gameplay is heavily influenced by Capcom, but they aren't the ones making it.
So Capcom isn't developing the gameplay but just giving advice?

AngelMode

Why are they calling it a collaboration then?

The franchise IS from Capcom... so I guess "collaboration" in the sense that they made a contract and now Capcom is sort of looking over what NT is doing while giving them the freedom to make a game that they feel like doing.

McdD

The franchise IS from Capcom... so I guess "collaboration" in the sense that they made a contract and now Capcom is sort of looking over what NT is doing while giving them the freedom to make a game that they feel like doing.
Your definition of collaboration is incorrect. According to this site, if you disagree feel free to tell me why you do :
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/collaboration

Capcom are developing the gameplay to certain degree according to this video or am i misunderstanding what they are saying?
6:05

So is Capcom helping them develop the gameplay or is it just advices?

AngelMode

Your definition of collaboration is incorrect. According to this site, if you disagree feel free to tell me why you do :
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/collaboration

Capcom are developing the gameplay to certain degree according to this video or am i misunderstanding what they are saying?
6:05

So is Capcom helping them develop the gameplay or is it just advices?

Well, words like "collaboration" can be misused in many ways. It's not like we always try to look up for exact definition of words whenever we want to say something, instead we just use words that may sort of not really mean what we say but pass across the idea XD

And pfft, nah, the game is being made by NT. It's not like NT just writes down the story and makes game designs while Capcom back in Japan are programing the gameplay. No, I'm quite sure NT is "creating" the gameplay themselves along with the whole of the game. Btw, giving input to someone as to what to do also counts as "working" on something. So I guess Capcom IS working on the gameplay... but it is not them who make it.

McdD

Well, words like "collaboration" can be misused in many ways. It's not like we always try to look up for exact definition of words whenever we want to say something, instead we just use words that may sort of not really mean what we say but pass across the idea XD

And pfft, nah, the game is being made by NT. It's not like NT just writes down the story and makes game designs while Capcom back in Japan are programing the gameplay. No, I'm quite sure NT is "creating" the gameplay themselves along with the whole of the game. Btw, giving input to someone as to what to do also counts as "working" on something. So I guess Capcom IS working on the gameplay... but it is not them who make it.
Yes, words can be misused. But fact of matter is collaboration means working together, nothing more and nothing less.

6:24 "It's a collaboration not in a name only"
6:27 "we are realling working together"
6:42 "Fair intense collaboration when we come down to combat".
^ Doesn't all that tell you they are workng together on the gameplay?

AngelMode

Yes, words can be misused. But fact of matter is collaboration means working together, nothing more and nothing less.

6:24 "It's a collaboration not in a name only"
6:27 "we are realling working together"
6:42 "Fair intense collaboration when we come down to combat".
^ Doesn't all that tell you they are workng together on the gameplay?

Again, by "working together" they can very well mean Capcom giving advise and NT doing it. So giving advise is considered "working" on it as long as this advise impacts the final result. Motion capture, coding/programming, etc, all that is being done by the people at NT going by what Capcom has told them... so they are not lying in that video or anything. It is a collaboration, just not one where people from both parties "create" it at the same time while drinking tea with each other in front of a computer.

McdD

Again, by "working together" they can very well mean Capcom giving advise and NT doing it. So giving advise is considered "working" on it as long as this advise impacts the final result. Motion capture, coding/programming, etc, all that is being done by the people at NT going by what Capcom has told them... so they are not lying in that video or anything. It is a collaboration, just not one where people from both parties "create" it at the same time while drinking tea with each other in front of a computer.
Isn't Motion Capture related to cutscenes/cinematics and not the gameplay?

And i know Ninja theory got the job to do the most, but aren't they getting help? Because tht's what they say in that video.
Working together means what it means. "we really are working together". That's what Itsuno said.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
i know for a fact that NT is working pretty closely with capcom. one of the execs of the project is co-founder of DMC and made 2,3 &4. im pretty sure hes been here in london most of the time for the past 2 years. he even brought a sword to work to show Tameen how dante should move in certain combos. while not ALL of capcom is helping NT, theyre contributing quite a bit. so think of it like this:
Director: Capcom, NT
Producer: capcom
Writer: capcom,NT
programming: NT

McdD

i know for a fact that NT is working pretty closely with capcom. one of the execs of the project is co-founder of DMC and made 2,3 &4. im pretty sure hes been here in london most of the time for the past 2 years. he even brought a sword to work to show Tameen how dante should move in certain combos. while not ALL of capcom is helping NT, theyre contributing quite a bit. so think of it like this:
Director: Capcom, NT
Producer: capcom
Writer: capcom,NT
programming: NT
So they are working together on the gameplay. Just that NT is doing majority because of programming and codes + their addition to gameplay.

788Masri

So they are working together on the gameplay. Just that NT is doing majority because of programming and codes + their addition to gameplay.

thats how it works, this is NTs project but capcom is there to help them do it in (hopefully) the best way possible

Gbraga

Thank you for this compilation! Maybe list the abilities as well? I can remember the air dash, double jump and enemy step.

McdD

thats how it works, this is NTs project but capcom is there to help them do it in (hopefully) the best way possible
Yes, but if you were to answer YES/NO to this question:
Is Capcom contributing to gameplay of DmC (not new ideas but frame rate fixing)?

What would you say?
I would say yes, because i am positive Capcom is helping them. HELPING them, not DOING the gameplay for them. But helping means they are contributing that they are part of developing the gameplay.

788Masri

Yes, but if you were to answer YES/NO to this question:
Is Capcom contributing to gameplay of DmC (not new ideas but frame rate fixing)?

What would you say?
I would say yes, because i am positive Capcom is helping them. HELPING them, not DOING the gameplay for them. But helping means they are contributing that they are part of developing the gameplay.

i too would say yes, but theyre not doing any active programming, their just giving them advice and help. im not belittling their contribution but i want to give NT credit where its due

Top Bottom