• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Gameplay Compilation

McdD

Ignorant and closeminded - That's me :D
i too would say yes, but theyre not doing any active programming, their just giving them advice and help. im not belittling their contribution but i want to give NT credit where its due
It's their job to program ofc. But i think Capcom is contributing with frame rates and other important aspects of gameplay. And i seem to be right too with the video i showed.

Tiran

The great pretender.
Isn't Capcom working on the gameplay?
Capcom's key creators (Itsuno and Eshiro) are occasionally supervising the combat team at Ninja theory with monthly visits. They hold meeting over the studio's progress. The game is being physically made by Nt completely. Think of it this way, Capcom is teaching the guys at Nt the details of advanced combat. Nt is learning from them. Capcom did not send a team of programmers to kick the studio off their computers and take their place. that would be like hiring two teams to make one game. that would double the budget. I think you just want a reason to give Nt as little credit as possible.

McdD

Capcom's key creators (Itsuno and Eshiro) are occasionally supervising the combat team at Ninja theory with monthly visits. They hold meeting over the studio's progress. The game is being physically made by Nt completely.
Everyone knows the game is being made by NT. I am talking about if Capcom has contributed at gameplay department, and they have. So the gameplay isn't just NT alone but also Capcom. NT may be doing alot of work but Capcom is helping them making the gameplay be like DMC.

Tiran

The great pretender.
Everyone knows the game is being made by NT. I am talking about if Capcom has contributed at gameplay department, and they have. So the gameplay isn't just NT alone but also Capcom. NT may be doing alot of work but Capcom is helping them making the gameplay be like DMC.
That is what we've been trying to tell you. What part of that took you three pages to understand?

McdD

You wanted clarification on what part Capcom played in the making of this game. It's clear.
No, where have you said what part of Gameplay Capcom has helped NT with or if Capcom contributed at gameplay?

Show me your quote please.

Tiran

The great pretender.
No, where have you said what part of Gameplay Capcom has helped NT with or if Capcom contributed at gameplay?

Show me your quote please.
Have you been reading the responses to you? The last three pages explain everything to you. Read them now. Educate yourself first.

McdD

Have you been reading the responses to you? The last three pages explain everything to you. Read them now. Educate yourself first.
No, i have read them. But i am telling you where have you acknowledge or said Capcom CONTRIBUTING to the gameplay and pointed out what part of gameplay they have helped.
Since your telling me "We've been telling you that!!!".
Then direct me to your quote...

Tiran

The great pretender.
No, i have read them. But i am telling you where have you acknowledge or said Capcom CONTRIBUTING to the gameplay and pointed out what part of gameplay they have helped.
Since your telling me "We've been telling you that!!!".
Then direct me to your quote...
It's above. It just says what the team has been saying. Basicaly, Capcom took Ninja Theory to school on combat design.

Check from 2:09 onwards...

McdD

It's above. It just says what the team has been saying. Basicaly, Capcom took Ninja Theory to school on combat design.

Check from 2:09 onwards...

Where is your quote or post, give me link to post ID,

McdD

What does it matter?

This is only quote of yours:

Capcom's key creators (Itsuno and Eshiro) are occasionally supervising the combat team at Ninja theory with monthly visits. They hold meeting over the studio's progress.
Supervising and working on something is two different thing. You haven't adressed if Capcom is involved in gameplay to a certain degree or not.

The game is being physically made by Nt completely.
Everyone knows that. Question i brought up is "Has Capcom contributed in making the gameplay the way it is to a certain degree?".

Think of it this way, Capcom is teaching the guys at Nt the details of advanced combat. Nt is learning from them.
It's not "Think of it as this way", it's that way. And what you have said has happened.

Capcom did not send a team of programmers to kick the studio off their computers and take their place. that would be like hiring two teams to make one game. that would double the budget. I think you just want a reason to give Nt as little credit as possible.
No but Capcom has sent Itsuno. Nt has made much of gameplay and done alot of the work. And they have also taken care of art and story. Where am i not crediting them?

Nowhere in this post have you acknowledged that Capcom have contributed to the gameplay of DmC to a certain degree. You said "think of it as this way" and used word "supervising".
And i am pretty sure Itsuno san when visiting NT took controll of a pc to demonstrate something to NT to show them how to make the gameplay a certain way. That's what i would do if i needed a computer to demonstrate something to guide a studio.

If you have said anything it is stating the obvious that Capcom is supervising DmC project and NT is developing the game. You have not been specify if Capcom had a role in making certain aspects of DmC gameplay look DMC by guiding NT through demonstrations.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Huh... A thought just occured to me watching that video again. I guess there might not be an unlockable Super Dante mode since the DT is so diferent now.

Supervising and working on something is two different thing. You haven't adressed if Capcom is involved in gameplay to a certain degree or not.
Hang on, no they are not. Supervising in this case might sound minial but it's not. It basicly directing, just on a smaller scale. If you've supperviced a game you've worked on it. Supervision is not as trivial as it sounds.

If I remember correctly NT had to follow certain guideliness when making the game, that might not sound like it's real involvement since Capcom isn't really putting pencil to paper or moving the mouse in the design aspect but everyone has said that Capcom is heavily involved, what do you think that means? The occational look over the sholder and good job? Not likely. I'm pretty sure we are underestemating the level of involvement Capcom's had in the development and even if it sounds insignificant it provably isn't, infact, it rarely is. They didn't sudgest to NT how to procced with the game play, the told them how.

McdD

Huh... A thought just occured to me watching that video again. I guess there might not be an unlockable Super Dante mode since the DT is so diferent now.

Hang on, no they are not. Supervising in this case might sound minial but it's not. It basicly directing, just on a smaller scale. If you've supperviced a game you've worked on it. Supervision is not as trivial as it sounds.

If I remember correctly NT had to follow certain guideliness when making the game, that might not sound like it's real involvement since Capcom isn't really putting pencil to paper or moving the mouse in the design aspect but everyone has said that Capcom is heavily involved, what do you think that means? The occational look over the sholder and good job? Not likely. I'm pretty sure we are underestemating the level of involvement Capcom's had in the development and even if it sounds insignificant it provably isn't, infact, it rarely is. They didn't sudgest to NT how to procced with the game play, the told them how.
Yes, i find supervising sounding very minimal.
But i wonder what part of gameplay Capcom helped them alot with. FPS? Is that part Capcom helped NT alot with?

Tiran

The great pretender.
This is only quote of yours:

Nowhere in this post have you acknowledged that Capcom have contributed to the gameplay of DmC to a certain degree. You said "think of it as this way" and used word "supervising".
And i am pretty sure Itsuno san when visiting NT took controll of a pc to demonstrate something to NT to show them how to make the gameplay a certain way. That's what i would do if i needed a computer to demonstrate something to guide a studio.

If you have said anything it is stating the obvious that Capcom is supervising DmC project and NT is developing the game. You have not been specify if Capcom had a role in making certain aspects of DmC gameplay look DMC by guiding NT through demonstrations.

Actually, by teaching, they are contributing. Are you trying to say otherwise? In the very vid I just posted, Alex Jones states just that. NT does ALL the work on the physical level. Capcom only teaches them the finer points of making a great action game.Of course there are visual references shown as well. I'm saying that No one at Capcom had to move an NT employee off their station to do it.

What are YOU trying to say? What are you trying to prove?

It was never said that anyone at Capcom took control of a computer to guide anyone. YOU filled in those blanks in your mind. YOU believe that was necessary. They held monthly meetings, reviewed progress, keep close contact and taught the team.That's all they needed to do. It was communicated what was needed, notes were taken and the team worked independently until the next month. If changes were needed the Cambridge team was told to do it by their mentors and they adjusted. THAT'S COLLABORATION!

Also, Itsuno is Japanese. How did he just jump on and work on an ENGLISH computer in an engine (unreal) he has never worked on while in a foreign country? I'm an artist and I can't use a Japanese language editing program I'm unfamiliar with.

If the team needed to be physically booted off a station by a Japanese director, it must've been extreme and thus, rare. It's like you need to believe that someone Japanese clicked a mouse or typed on an English keyboard for you to believe the combat has progressed this far.

So, before you start trolling on this forum...

scaled.php

McdD

Actually, by teaching, they are contributing. Are you trying to say otherwise?
Contribute as in being part of working on part of the gameplay. Not contributing as in minimal supervision or teaching.

In the very vid I just posted, Alex Jones states just that.
Yes, a video you posted way after your comment "That's what we've been telling you!!". Telling me what? That Capcom is "supervising" DmC (whatever that means to everyone), and that NT is making the game (we all know that).

NT does ALL the work on the physical level. Capcom only teaches them the finer points of making a great action game.Of course there are visual references shown as well.
Yes, yes, we all know that.

I'm saying that No one at Capcom had to move an NT employee off their station to do it.
How do you know? And if for example Itsuno wanted to demonstrate something, he could just tell a developer "Try doing that" over shoulder of the developer. The developer complies and woops progress made. So the people involved in DmC project from Capcom whos sent to NT to guide NT may or may have not made someone step out of their chair, but they probably have guided them. And that's my point.

What are YOU trying to say? What are you trying to prove?
The point that you have missed: that Capcom personel who are there to guide NT probably has directed certain aspect of DmC gameplay.

It was never said that anyone at Capcom took control of a computer to guide anyone. YOU filled in those blanks in your mind. YOU believe that was necessary.
Yes, as an example. Since you can't imagine such scenarios i have to "light" it up for you.

They held monthly meetings, reviewed progress, keep close contact and taught the team.That's all they needed to do. It was communicated what was needed, notes were taken and the team worked independently until the next month. If changes were needed the Cambridge team was told to do it by their mentors and they adjusted. THAT'S COLLABORATION!
Yes, but it's also collaboration to directly tell someone "TRy doing this". Cause that's exactly what Alex jones said in video.

Also, Itsuno is Japanese. How did he just jump on and work on an ENGLISH computer in an engine (unreal) he has never worked on while in a foreign country? I'm an artist and I can't use a Japanese language editing program I'm unfamiliar with.
I don't know. He has a translator with him during interviews? He's been director for DMC series since 2.

If the team needed to be physically booted off a station by a Japanese director, it must've been extreme and thus, rare. It's like you need to believe that someone Japanese clicked a mouse or typed on an English keyboard for you to believe the combat has progressed this far.
Your misunderstanding. I am saying perhaps Itsuno or someone else said "Let me show you something" to one of developers by using a computer. Though as you pointed out Itsunu can't speak english so he probably just communicated "Do this" and "Do that" to developers over their shoulders :p

So, before you start trolling on this forum...
Give me your authograph please :D
So yeah.

Tiran

The great pretender.
So yeah.[/quote said:

So what exactly are you not understanding? You can't get past your own definition of contribute? Did your teacher not 'contribute' to your education? That does not mean he did your homework does it?

All Capcom did was exactly what was said. You seem to believe it isn't enough to give them credit for their contributions. Itsuno did not have to type or click a thing. Only teach and guide. NT did all the physical work.

also, there's no way anyone at Capcom could have "shown something" or worked at all in the unreal engine on anything as it takes much time just to learn the software before you use it. That's one of the main reasons that NT did not use Capcoms' engine. According to Tameem.

Any orders given by Capcom were given to the head of development then he directed them to his team. Because of the language barrier, it's easier that way then bypassing him and walking around to type over the shoulders of individual workers.

If any details need to be trimmed or adjusted, a working demo was used in a meeting as a guide so the team's work was not interrupted. (over the shoulder assistance through a translator. Pfft! What are they, in kindergarten?)

Capcom taught, reviewed, and taught some more. Yes, it's tedious. That's why it took a year and change.

Top Bottom