• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Gameplay Compilation

AngelMode

So I thought it would be a good idea to have a compilation of all we have seen so far, gameplay-wise.

Since, as many of you may have already noticed, there is a little place up on the top right corner of the screen where not only your style rank is shown but also the names of the moves you are doing, the types of kills you do, and the amount of points you get for doing each of them. I went over all the videos they have shown and, to the best of my ability, recorded them.

So without further ado, here they are:

Rebellion
Rebellion Combo A
Rebellion Combo 1
Rebellion Combo B
Hightime
Arial Rave
Roulette Spin
Helm Breaker
Stinger
Trillion Stabs

Osiris
Osiris Combo A
Osiris Combo B
Prop
Shredder
Hanger
Double Up
Rake

Arbiter
Arbiter Combo A
Arbiter Combo B
Tremor
Drop
Flush

E&I
Ebony and Ivory

Grappling Hook/Whip
Angel Lift
Demon Pull

?*
Lift - Punch
Lift - Kick(?)
Pull - Punch(?)
Pull - Kick(?)

Abilities
Dodge (Ground and Air)
Glide
Enemy Step (can be cancelled into to make "Jump Cancels")
Parry
Devil Trigger

Stylish Bonuses(?)
Arial Kill!
Flawless Kill!
Flawless Kill Streak!
Extreme Flawless Kill Streak!!
Juggle Kill!
Double Kill!
Triple Kill!
Cool Air Streak!
Great Air Streak!
Awesome Air Streak!
Cool Parry!

Style Meter/Rank
Dirty! x2
Cruel! x3
Brutal! x4
Anarchic! x5
Savage! x6
SSadistic! x7
SSS(?) x8

About the style meter: There is a bug I saw that if you get hit the moment your style goes up you only see the rest of the word without the style part. For example, in this part Dante went up to SSadistic rank and he got hit, only showing the "adistic" part without the "SS." LOL I thought it was funny.

*This is concerning the lift-punch thing that I put up there. The move itself IS called Lift-Punch and it is like a punch that Dante does when he lifts up to enemies. I am not sure how it is done, but I have also seen Dante doing a kick, however, sadly, the name of the kick was not shown. Additionally, there is a move much like DMC3 Beowulf's Volcano (in which Dante punches the ground really hard and hits enemies all around) that I have seen DmC Dante doing while he was in the air. Again, I do not know what this move is called or how it is done.

If you guys have any questions about these just ask, I have remembered what all of them are so I can explain to you how the move works. Or if someone else is feeling up to the job then you are more than welcome XD

Also, if I am missing anything just shout it out, and I'll put it up.

McdD

Ignorant and closeminded - That's me :D
Have tehy replaced the name of move to Trillion stab instead of million? If so then a Trillion makes it sound alot less impressive.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Have tehy replaced the name of move to Trillion stab instead of million? If so then a Trillion makes it sound alot less impressive.
but trillion is more than a million? how is that less impressive? lol
lately when i've been playing dmc3 and 4 and when i perform a million stab outloud i keep saying trillion stab lol

McdD

but trillion is more than a million? how is that less impressive? lol
lately when i've been playing dmc3 and 4 and when i perform a million stab outloud i keep saying trillion stab lol
I thought the idea behind name is to give you impression "A deadly move!". Obviously it's not a million or a trillion stab but i find it loose it's awesomeness when you make it more than ONE million stab.
Because 1M stab though is not true is more likely than 3M.

10M stab is more than 3M, but does that make it more impressive? No. More shallow i'd say.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I thought the idea behind name is to give you impression "A deadly move!". Obviously it's not a million or a trillion stab but i find it loose it's awesomeness when you make it more than ONE million stab.
Because 1M stab though is not true is more likely than 3M.

10M stab is more than 3M, but does that make it more impressive? No. More shallow i'd say.
ah, well i think both of them sound cool, i'm just glad the move is in there. one thing that intrigues me is there is a rebellion combo a then there is a rebellion combo 1, does that mean for every letter combo there will be a numbered combo as well? if so that could add up to a HUGE combo list!

McdD

ah, well i think both of them sound cool, i'm just glad the move is in there. one thing that intrigues me is there is a rebellion combo a then there is a rebellion combo 1, does that mean for every letter combo there will be a numbered combo as well? if so that could add up to a HUGE combo list!
Btw do you say Trillion stab outloud just randomly? With no connection to fact DmC has that name?

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Btw do you say Trillion stab outloud just randomly? With no connection to fact DmC has that name?
haha no usually when me and my friends are playing with each other we discuss combos and such, and sometimes instead of saying million stab i end up saying trillion stab lol

AngelMode

very nice compilation angelmode :)

Thanks ^^

Yeah, I was wondering that too. Rebellion Combo 1 looked a lot like just the regular A btw. It might be something to do with the input of the last move (like in DMC4 if you delay the last hit Dante hits harder).

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Thanks ^^

Yeah, I was wondering that too. Rebellion Combo 1 looked a lot like just the regular A btw. It might be something to do with the input of the last move (like in DMC4 if you delay the last hit Dante hits harder).
interesting, i'm gonna look for the combos to see if i can spot a difference, and i'll let you know what i find.

AngelMode

ah thank you :)
and i saw it, i think you're right it looks like it's the rebellion combo a but with a charged hit at the end.

It's interesting because it really adds depth to the gameplay. It would pretty cool if all his standard combos had something like this, so you know when to time things right instead of mindlessly mashing buttons out like many people think of this game.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
It's interesting because it really adds depth to the gameplay. It would pretty cool if all his standard combos had something like this, so you know when to time things right instead of mindlessly mashing buttons out like many people think of this game.
very true, i'm hoping they will further expand on the timing aspect of combos.

McdD

Are you saying DMC is mashing buttons or people think that?

AngelMode

Are you saying DMC is mashing buttons or people think that?

That people think that. I've seen enough to understand that this is far from button mashing. Not sure if it will really compare to DMC level of gameplay (only time will tell) but I can safely assure you that what they have done so far is superior to almost every single hack and slash games I have ever seen... of course, disregarding things like Bayonetta.

McdD

That people think that. I've seen enough to understand that this is far from bottom mashing. Not sure if it will really compare to DMC level of gameplay (only time will tell) but I can safely assure you that what they have done so far is superior to almost every single hack and slash games I have ever seen... of course, disregarding things like Bayonetta.
Who are they?

AngelMode

lol I think he means who are the people that think that.

To answer this: A lot of so called "angry fans" that make up excuses left and right to dislike this game. One of the main ones I have seen is how people call it a button masher. This is because DmC seems a lot more mainstream media-like (which is true in some aspects) and a lot of mainstream media hack and slash don't have much depth to the gameplay like DMC does.

Top Bottom