• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC director didn't ask the designers to make Dante look like him

RedgraveStorm

I just tweeted the article to event and he called tameem a liar.

Can't say I'm surprised. Event seems to me to be a raging jerk who refuses to see anything good about this game. Kinda like Moviebob and The Amazing Spider-Man movie.

I feel like somebody needs to find some 60s peace song and play it in every forum so maybe we can all just get along.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

I feel that its a day late and a dollar short because it would have been better if he had done this during the 6 months between tgs10 and E3 11 and actually showed the concept art.

Tiran

The great pretender.

I feel that its a day late and a dollar short because it would have been better if he had done this during the 6 months between tgs10 and E3 11 and actually showed the concept art.

Ebony... Ivory... I see what you did there.... ;}

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Your comment is laughable lol.

You single me out and get angry with me and yet you never said anything to the other people who were actually calling ME out. How am I adding fuel to the flame when they are the ones calling me out and challenging my opinion?

Get over it dude.

Its obvious what you are.

And its obvious you have not even been paying 1 bit of attention to what I was talking about with wallenb and Zwei otherwise you would know that it has nothing to do with me being mad that he looked like Tameen but instead it was a matter of whether are not tameen is indeed a liar.

Your comments proves that your nothing more than a troll who wants to turn this topic into a flame war.

Me and Zwei may have been having a "heated debate" but your post is downright flamebait and antagonisted towards me because I simply am not a fan of DmC.

You contributed nothing to the discussion that was at hand and instead decided to act like a spoiled child who is mad because someone does not see things exactly as he does.

You failed to understand what was even being discussed and instead decided to rant and single me out as the guilty party before even understanding what the issue at hand was.

READ posts and understand them before calling people out and trying to start crap ok?

OH I'M a Troll? Says you who continues to call me some person who's "loyal to Tameen who believes anything he says." Who said I'm starting a fanwar at all. And don't tell me to get over it because you didn't even have to say anything to reply to me. I put what I think. That's all! Not start some flamewar with you. Also I have been paying a **** load of attention. You could have just walked away and not comment back, and you did try to end conversations but you always made slick comments that provoke people once again reply back. Obviously you think you want to be done, but those small slick comebacks always make people WANT to start flame wars with you.

That and if you feel doubt that Tameen is telling the truth, then by all means; go ahead. But with the past stuff you've been saying about opinions and such, shouldn't that mean you should at least respect the words that I'm trying to get around? I guess that's something a mere teen like me wouldn't undersand.

Well, whatever, I'm not gonna make myself look like a dumbass anymore.

I'll end this here.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
OH I'M a Troll? Says you who continues to call me some person who's "loyal to Tameen who believes anything he says." Who said I'm starting a fanwar at all. And don't tell me to get over it because you didn't even have to say anything to reply to me. I put what I think. That's all! Not start some flamewar with you. Also I have been paying a **** load of attention. You could have just walked away and not comment back, and you did try to end conversations but you always made slick comments that provoke people once again reply back. Obviously you think you want to be done, but those small slick comebacks always make people WANT to start flame wars with you.

That and if you feel doubt that Tameen is telling the truth, then by all means; go ahead. But with the past stuff you've been saying about opinions and such, shouldn't that mean you should at least respect the words that I'm trying to get around? I guess that's something a mere teen wouldn't undersand.

Well, whatever, I'm not gonna make myself look like a dumbass anymore.

I'll end this here.

Oh please..

Way to just completely ignore what Tony_Redgrave said earlier about not starting this mess back up.

That in itself proves that your a troll seeking to start flame wars.

You tell me to just "walk away" from it when you yourself seem completely incapable of doing it yourself. Even when a moderator steps in and ASKS you not to start this mess up.

But yea, you said your peace, and I have a new perspective at how I look at you now.....so just walk away and let it end here ok?

By the way, I'm an adult.

And how old are you exactly?

5?

With all those curse words and tantrums I would think so lol.

DragonMaster2010

Oh please..

Way to just completely ignore what Tony_Redgrave said earlier about not starting this mess back up.

That in itself proves that your a troll seeking to start flame wars.

You tell me to just "walk away" from it when you yourself seem completely incapable of doing it yourself. Even when a moderator steps in and ASKS you not to start this mess up.

But yea, you said your peace, and I have a new perspective at how I look at you now.....so just walk away and let it end here ok?

By the way, I'm an adult.

And how old are you exactly?

5?

With all those curse words and tantrums I would think so lol.

17. I meant to say "a teen like me" not "a teen."
And you just did it again by the way.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
17. I meant to say "a teen like me" not "a teen."
And you just did it again by the way.

Did what exactly?

Why can't you see that it was YOUR actions that just started this mess back up?

Me and Zwei had taken it to pms and was going to leave it there until YOU brought it back up.

Despite the fact that Tony asked not to.

But your not trolling or trying to start flame wars.....riiiiiiight.

DragonMaster2010

Did what exactly?

Why can't you see that it was YOUR actions that just started this mess back up?

Me and Zwei had taken it to pms and was going to leave it there until YOU brought it back up.

Despite the fact that Tony asked not to.

But your not trolling or trying to start flame wars.....riiiiiiight.

Well I apalogize. Didn't mean too.;)

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Well I apalogize. Didn't mean too.;)

Oh really?

What did you think that kind of posts was just going to be ignored by me?

When your intentionally singling me out and calling me out on stuff?

Please...

You knew what that post would get and you just did not care.

ZeroLove

I don't even think Tameem and Dante look like eachother. Not even from the first trailer. The only more obvious thing was the hair and it has already been said several times over that an explanation for it could be that Tameem liked Dante's hairstyle and then had one like it. I find that ALOT more plausible than Tameem forcing the design team to make Dante look like him. He's not some evil dictator, he's a game developer.

However, as ToCool said, unless we were there, we will never know if Tameem speaks the truth or not. Personally, my sense of logic tells me that it is highly unlikely that he would go do such a thing and I find it even less plausible that he would actually be able to pull it through.

That said, I don't even think this is an important issue at all. IF Tameem actually had the design team make Dante look like himself... well, so what? That just says Tameem is a narcissist who wants to put himself into the game. However, if that is the case, then why didn't he do so in one of Ninja Theory's own games before? Either way, it's not important.

All in all, I just wish Tameem and Ninja Theory had just ignored this whole issue and focus only on the things that are important, such as the game itself. Like, storyplot footage, some new gameplay elements we haven't seen before, more character appearances... Whatever, just as long it is important to the game itself!

That people think Dante and Tameem look alike is not important. It's just food for haters. Nothing more, nothing less.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Ok guys last warning. Next time I see this everyone gets warned officially and I mean everyone, even those discussing the possibility of the flame politely.

And of course the thread will be locked.

I (don't really) understand that this whole thing with Dante's hairstyle has somehow become such a major issue (even though there are more important facts to be discussed. I mean let's say he did make his hairstyle much Dante's. What exactly is your problem? Maybe his eyes are Tameen's mother's eyes and his nose are like Tameen's father nose. Don't see how this is such a major thing in an action game..but anyway you guys probably know better) but no matter what, creating arguments over and over doesn't solve anything. It only adds to the pile of problems.

DragonMaster you brought this whole thing back when I strictly forbade anyone to continue this. If you have a problem with ToCool take it up with him through PM. You don't need to create chaos in a thread - a 2nd time. Therefore take a lil' nice warning.

Now do carry on people. Let's see how much this will last:)

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Well event status is defintely biased but there are some points that i agree with him.
Kinda 50-50
I only watched event's videos because of DmC and i feel like stopping it now because he doesn't add any good points.All he says about the new DmC is bad points and didn't see the potential of the story and Izaya.

Probably because he is blinded by rage or heavily offended because of ninja tam said to the old DMC series.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Well event status is defintely biased but there are some points that i agree with him.
Kinda 50-50
I only watched event's videos because of DmC and i feel like stopping it now because he doesn't add any good points.All he says about the new DmC is bad points and didn't see the potential of the story and Izaya.

Probably because he is blinded by rage or heavily offended because of ninja tam said to the old DMC series.
Or because he is standing up for gamers everywhere who are being trash talked by the companies, as Event already said himself, "We are past the hair now, this is now about a company TRASH TALKING THEIR OWN FANS!" Event even said he thought the game looked cool and was willing to give it a try but then they insulted the fans and he ultimately decided no since they got so arrogant, and he has decoded everything the developers have said, and legitimately used it against them, his job is not to review the game, his goal is to stand up for the customers, and that is exactly what he did

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
I called the new dante izaya lawl

Or because he is standing up for gamers everywhere who are being trash talked by the companies, as Event already said himself, "We are past the hair now, this is now about a company TRASH TALKING THEIR OWN FANS!" Event even said he thought the game looked cool and was willing to give it a try but then they insulted the fans and he ultimately decided no since they got so arrogant, and he has decoded everything the developers have said, and legitimately used it against them, his job is not to review the game, his goal is to stand up for the customers, and that is exactly what he did

Not every gamers of DMC was offended by what NT or tameem have said.I gotta admit i was also offended and i'm more ****ed of at alex jones and capcom but if this reboot was amazingly fun,wouldn't be that enough for an apology?

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
If Dante looked at all like Tameem in the beginning--I just think he looked sickly and odd-- they changed that with his Gamescom re-design.

Additionally, talking about EventStatus leads to threads getting locked. I think we should all agree to disagree about certain points he makes.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I couldn't careless if Tameem looked like Dante. And i've only seen one photo that compares Dante to Tameem, and its only a hair cut that looks the same. If the interviewer was really serious about this question then why isn't the whole interview documented? I think its because, thats all the interviewer wanted to talk about, whether a joke or just to be an ass. But Tameem said no, that he didn't reference himself for the concept of Dante. Maybe the hair, but thats a style and plenty of people rock that hair due. And if you think about it (if you actually thought Tameem made himself into Dante) Tameems hair was shaved almost completely on the sides, and Dantes was never completely shaved. So that makes it a different hair due all together.
I think what Tameem says about the topic is as stupid as the question that was asked.
Im glad they had some references before making neoDante, Just glad his hair is out of his face.

ReRave

smug jerk
I'm sorry, but EventStatus keeps ranting about believable journlism, professionality and such, yet he himself rides on hypothetical "insults" supposedly made by NT over a year ago.
EventStatus has nothing to do with professional journalism. He's just ****ed, that's all. He's not standing up for the little man, because most of those guys don't even care what is said outside of gameplay-demos. I seriously couldn't care less for his agitated rants, since he has nothing productive to say, not a single advice to the better or even a coherent string of arguments.
Spreading idiotic rumours and shouting at your webcam is no way of persuading anyone, that your point is the right one and people should feel offended.
(Maybe on meth it is)

Top Bottom