• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC director didn't ask the designers to make Dante look like him

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
I don't know who this Event character is, nor do I care. He's one person with an opinion, people shouldn't follow him like blind sheep. Make up your own opinion.
So because someone has an opinion that is the same as someone elses or they're persuaded by points of views they feel make more sense they're a blind sheep?

ZeroLove

So because someone has an opinion that is the same as someone elses or they're persuaded by points of views they feel make more sense they're a blind sheep?

Absolutely not, but it is typical for such a youtube celebrity who wave out opinions from his sleeve to have numerous followers who base their own opinions on what that said person says.

I like pie and just because someone else likes pie does not mean we copy eachother. However, if I like pie BECAUSE of that someone says he likes pie, then I would be a follower, aka a blind sheep.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Absolutely not, but it is typical for such a youtube celebrity who wave out opinions from his sleeve to have numerous followers who base their own opinions on what that said person says.

I like pie and just because someone else likes pie does not mean we copy eachother. However, if I like pie BECAUSE of that someone says he likes pie, then I would be a follower, aka a blind sheep.
Well, I wouldn't call him a YT celeb, he doesn't have that many views. Sometimes people make points that other people might not see or even realize untill someone else points it out. And by all means if I don't like something, I don't care how many people is doing it. I don't doubt that there are a few people like that though.

ZeroLove

Well, I wouldn't call him a YT celeb, he doesn't have that many views. Sometimes people make points that other people might not see or even realize untill someone else points it out. And by all means if I don't like something, I don't care how many people is doing it. I don't doubt that there are a few people like that though.

Rock on, man.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
They radically redesigned him to appeal to a Western audience- that what they said.
Ok. I am a Western and he doesn't appeal to me as much as Classic Dante did.
I associate that look (DmC Dante) with punk rock, no respect for authority, ill-mannered, and moral less. (I'm being honest here) so why would I want DmC Dante when I could have Classic Dante, who's design show cases heroism, power, and that rockstar look?
I'm just asking in general lol.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
I associate that look (DmC Dante) with punk rock, no respect for authority, ill-mannered, and moral less. (I'm being honest here) so why would I want DmC Dante when I could have Classic Dante, who's design show cases heroism, power, and that rockstar look?
I agree with you, (For the most part.) but I think asking a question like that, is gonna start another ring a round the rosy debate that's not gonna go anywhere. :(

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

To be honest, I dont mind a redesign just not fond of the one they did as it didn't scream Dante to me.

On the other hand, Dante has three of those qualities you associate with nuDante in the old series.
He had no respect for authority, ill-mannered and wasn't exactly dudley do right.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
To be honest, I dont mind a redesign just not fond of the one they did as it didn't scream Dante to me.

On the other hand, Dante has three of those qualities you associate with nuDante in the old series.
He had no respect for authority, ill-mannered and wasn't exactly dudley do right.
But at least Classic Dante looked cool!
*Walks away frustrated*
Lol

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Moving away from the design fight I've unintentionally started lol. Here is something cool about DmC Dante, his angel and demon wings ya. :)

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Are you talking about that picture where the concrete comes up from the ground and forms wings or something like that?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I like DMC4 Dante's design, I don't know why.
TOPIC: I agree.

I meant character wise, he was trying to hard to be cool and i didnt feel like he cared about the town till to late.
Nero was more heroic to me over all.

I'm not saying he did it but showing the actual concept art would have been a better way to deal with it.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Well at first Dante didn't care for the mission but with Nero running around with Yamato and a giant Savoir floating in the sky how could he not care towards the end lol.

But concept art was shown.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well at first Dante didn't care for the mission but with Nero running around with Yamato and a giant Savoir floating in the sky how could he not care towards the end lol.

But concept art was shown.
The pic of a dude animating new dante does not count.

I'm talking about the art thats suppose to resemble the classic dante before capcom rejected them.

Top Bottom