• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC: Devil May Cry vs. Devil May Cry... (keep it civil, or else).

Classic Dante v. Rebooted Dante (The Old and the New)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
HE WOULD'VE BEEN A TOTAL EMO SWAGFAG!!!
tumblr_ml290xwaAX1r0y8j6o1_400.gif

http://devilmaycry.org/community/threads/why-are-all-things-alternative-labeled-emo.16780/
btw, most of the "swagfag" culture originates from DMC3 dante

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
are you calling someone's religion ( don't ask the name cuz i'm too lazy to look it up) "retarded"...? thats kinda ****** up. even for me

......religion???

I was saying the concept that demons needs (for some reason) "happy" human souls to survive retarded when they managed to exist before ruling mankind and harvesting their souls retarded?

When did religion get into this?

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
......religion???

I was saying the concept that demons needs (for some reason) "happy" human souls to survive retarded when they managed to exist before ruling mankind and harvesting their souls retarded?

When did religion get into this?

since DMC began. it (along with countless other bits and pieces) is a clusterfuck of religious ideas wrapped into a religious orgy burrito. and when i said "happy" i meant souls that lived relatively normal lives and were not exposed to the supernatural

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
since DMC began. it (along with countless other bits and pieces) is a clusterfuck of religious ideas wrapped into a religious orgy burrito. and when i said "happy" i meant souls that lived relatively normal lives and were not exposed to the supernatural

Since we're clearly talking about DmC and not DMC lets stay focus here.

Yeah I have never heard of a religion where demons rule mankind and control them so they lead them down peaceful lives so when they die they're souls are sent to some portal thingy and used as nourishment for the demons. It may exist....probably does but I'm criticizing DmC's writing on it and it alone.

At least how DMC incorporated religion into its story made sense.

Demons needing human souls to survive when they've manage to go fine without it for thousands...perhaps millions or billions of years (since DmC never gave a set time of creation/existence) before colonizing the Human World sounds not just like dumb writing but almost like a plot hole.

I can understand if human souls tastes really good or is a great resource like oil/fossil fuel or something but needing it to survive indicates they'll die out if they don't get it which creates 2 problems (both past and future tense).

Past: How did they survive before without access to happy human souls since they never always controlled mankind?

Future: Since the hell gate is closed how will they get their source of nourishment or human souls? Ergo they're f*cked regardless.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Since we're clearly talking about DmC and not DMC lets stay focus here.

Yeah I have never heard of a religion where demons rule mankind and control them so they lead them down peaceful lives so when they die they're souls are sent to some portal thingy and used as nourishment for the demons. It may exist....probably does but I'm criticizing DmC's writing on it and it alone.

At least how DMC incorporated religion into its story made sense.

Demons needing human souls to survive when they've manage to go fine without it for thousands...perhaps millions or billions of years (since DmC never gave a set time of creation/existence) before colonizing the Human World sounds not just like dumb writing but almost like a plot hole.

I can understand if human souls tastes really good or is a great resource like oil/fossil fuel or something but needing it to survive indicates they'll die out if they don't get it which creates 2 problems (both past and future tense).

Past: How did they survive before without access to happy human souls since they never always controlled mankind?

Future: Since the hell gate is closed how will they get their source of nourishment or human souls? Ergo they're f*cked regardless.

dante and vergil did what they needed to do with the demons. i think if a DmC2 is made, the main foe will be angels

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
dante and vergil did what they needed to do with the demons. i think if a DmC2 is made, the main foe will be angels

Might as well rename it Angel May Cry.

Yeah I still don't believe...or doubt really in all that demons needs human souls to survive especially when it was never really stated that was the case.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Yep, usually religions with demon or satan-like figures want humans to sin so that they go to hell to be tortured.

The only reason I can think for Mundus to want the humans to be peaceful is so that humans are happy enough to reproduce the next generation, and the speech Mundus gave about humans being their own worst enemies with all the fighting and killing and how he gave them structure. But, that does raise the question of why Mundus thought he was being so benevolent in the first place. I guess because he is gaining souls from keeping humans in line.:/

It seems that demons need the bodies to manifest fully in the human world. Mundus uses Kyle Ryder, Lilith has...whatever Lilith has...:/
As for the souls, Vergil says human are like cattle and the world is like a human breeding farm to Mundus. That image con the computer screen accompanying those words shows Mundus drawing power from the hellgate, presumably fuelled by humans. But it seems this is not so that Mundus can live. It's just so that his powers can become stronger.

It says in the Vergil comic that human life energy, not souls, is used by demons as fuel to increase their powers. So they don't need human souls as food, they suck the life energy from humans using it like a like a power enhancing suppliment which they can choose to take. Human souls are not vital for a demon to live, it's the life force that they drain while the humans are still alive that is useful.

They won't die, their powers will just get weaker.

The game indicates that what you do in Limbo has affects on the real world but its done so when extremely convenient.

Fair point. This is true. I guess the game leaves it pretty open ended as to how the limbo stuff affects the real world, but in a way this allows both our arguments to seem valid.

berto

I Saw the Devil
So, recently I decided that I would officially decide on which games I preferred; the original four, or the controversial reboot, and more importantly, which Dante I liked better.

What an odd thing to do. Why can't you just like both if you so choose.

I've never liked DmC and I've made no secret of it but I also advocated that every one has the right to like them both, nether, just one and not the other, a combination of specific entries, or just one game from the whole franchise. With that said if you wanted to like one more than the other that's fine, too. I just think it's just odd that you would go to those lengths to pick one, it seems... unnecessary (?).

What an odd thing to do. Why can't you just like both if you so choose.

I've never liked DmC and I've made no secret of it but I also advocated that every one has the right to like them both, nether, just one and not the other, a combination of specific entries, or just one game from the whole franchise. With that said if you wanted to like one more than the other that's fine, too. I just think it's just odd that you would go to those lengths to pick one, it seems... unnecessary (?).

You know you could have voted for all of them if you liked? I assume that's why the OP allowed that in the first place.

That wasn't really the point of what I was trying to say, and even then I already mentioned that I don't like DmC.

No, what I meant is that okay, you dont like DmC, so that means you have decided you like the other 4 more than DmC, ie making a choice similar to the person who started this thread.

He decided he likes DmC more than the other 4, so I don't see how you liking the other DMCS and hating DmC vs another person liking DmC and hating the other DMCS is any different, but yeah, its not a big deal.

Also, if the OP wanted to force people to choose one over the other he'd require that all posters only be able to vote for one of the choices... so, yeah, I guess the intent of your message confuses me.

Edit: To Aoshi Below, I think "Keep it Civil" Implies "Keep it Civil" and only that.

For example, I could come into this post and say I hate DmC, it sucks and anyone who likes it over the old ones is an idiot, so obviously if you're not stupid you'll choose DMC1-4 like I did. This is not civil.

Or I can come into this thread say I didn't enjoy DmC as much as the old ones, so I chose the older DMC games. This is Civil.

The first response is not civil.
The second response is civil.

aoshi

Also, if the OP wanted to force people to choose one over the other he'd require that all posters only be able to vote for one of the choices... so, yeah, I guess the intent of your message confuses me.

But don't you think the multiple-choose option contradicts the subject of the thread which is to choose DmC or DMC?????Its quite clear when we use the word vs , that we are asked to choose one over the other.

EDIT: Also, Anyone would go by the subject of the thread than to look at the type of options in the poll. Besides the subject saying 'Keep it civil' implies to choose one over the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom