• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC: Devil May Cry vs. Devil May Cry... (keep it civil, or else).

Classic Dante v. Rebooted Dante (The Old and the New)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I guess people don't realize how short the time period is from when Dante is found by Kat to the final battle with Vergil. Dante doesn't have time to consider what or who he is yet, he is being forced along for the ride. When he says "the world is under my protection now, I don't think he fully understands what that really means. Obviously, he will learn the full weight of that decision if his story were to continue. And my mini thought process was supposed to be like what Dante was probably quickly thinking at that point since he was overwhelmed and everything had happened so fast. It doesn't mean that that's how he would think if took a breath and really thought things over (hence, sequel material).

I mean in the end, Dante literally says, "I don't know who I am anymore" and Kat tells him, "You're Dante, nothing more nothing less."

The missions after The Plan probably all happen on the same day, so think about the amount of insane **** that is occurring. Dante doesn't even get a chance to really think about the potential consequences of his actions. Hell, if you think about it. He's forced into it by Vergil: Dante's plan all along was to peacefully to exchange Lilith for Kat, but when Vergil shot Mundus's baby Mundus went berserk and started unleashing the destructive shockwaves. So, It wasn't Dante that caused the massive destruction it was Vergil.

After that mission, Dante probably thinks he has no other choice, but to attack Mundus's lair and take him out for good; pretty much Vergil the clever mastermind set up Dante to help him kill Mundus from the very beginning. Everything that happens during the game keeps Dante involved is due to the decisions that Vergil has made. For example, think about the Kat situation, I bet Vergil intended on Kat dying or being kidnapped (probably dying) because he knew that would fuel Dantes rage and conviction to get Mundus even more.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
technically, the demons NEED the humans to stay alive because if a demon kills a human soul, then that soul will not be avenged and not be able to pass into the afterlife in this case the afterlife being mundus's batcave thing. and if souls stop going there, then the demons can't survive
That's the whole reason they kept humans doped up. If humans saw the truth, would they want to just go along with their lives, reporduce and then die knowing that their souls and souls of their children were going to be demon food.
That's why Mundus had to control humans secretly and give the the illusion of normal life. In reality, humans were just his cattle.

As for demons not killing the human to get the soul, I thought it didn't matter how they died, so long as they lived long enough to reproduce the next generaton of demon food, and then died of old age, accident, or murder. Either way, their souls were going to Mundus.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
That's the whole reason they kept humans doped up. If humans saw the truth, would they want to just go along with their lives, reporduce and then die knowing that their souls and souls of their children were going to be demon food.
That's why Mundus had to control humans secretly and give the the illusion of normal life. In reality, humans were just his cattle.

As for demons not killing the human to get the soul, I thought it didn't matter how they died, so long as they lived long enough to reproduce the next generaton of demon food, and then died of old age, accident, or murder. Either way, their souls were going to Mundus.

nope. it all depends on how a soul dies. if the world is a utopia, then souls die happy, healthy, and go to mundus all in uniform. if a rogue demon or soul takes the life of a human, then their soul is corrupt and will seek vengeance. thus that soul will not go to mundus

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
nope. it all depends on how a soul dies. if the world is a utopia, then souls die happy, healthy, and go to mundus all in uniform. if a rogue demon or soul takes the life of a human, then their soul is corrupt and will seek vengeance. thus that soul will not go to mundus
Was this in the game bout if a demon kills a human they don't go to Mundus? Did I miss something?:/ Do you mean those lost souls that you collect during the level? Or something else.

Also, why would a demon kill a human if it meant losing a soul that wold normally go to Mundus? That's got me thinking about the demon prison Barbas runs. He mentions there that the prisoners can be killed and then brought back for more eternal pain. So are these souls in prison or people?:/ If they are souls, then I can only assume that Mundus finds it alright for Bob to hold them in prison, because the game does state that the only reason they are there is because of crimes against the demons.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Was this in the game bout if a demon kills a human they don't go to Mundus? Did I miss something?:/ Do you mean those lost souls that you collect during the level? Or something else.

Also, why would a demon kill a human if it meant losing a soul that wold normally go to Mundus? That's got me thinking about the demon prison Barbas runs. He mentions there that the prisoners can be killed and then brought back for more eternal pain. So are these souls in prison or people?:/ If they are souls, then I can only assume that Mundus finds it alright for Bob to hold them in prison, because the game does state that the only reason they are there is because of crimes against the demons.

DmC seems to be juggling folklore so i thought that i'd add in some old mythical rules like a corrupt soul and the afterlife. and theres no doubt that all the souls go to mundus, but mundus can pick and choose where the souls go

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
DmC seems to be juggling folklore so i thought that i'd add in some old mythical rules like a corrupt soul and the afterlife. and theres no doubt that all the souls go to mundus, but mundus can pick and choose where the souls go
Ah, got it. I thought it was something I had missed to do with lost souls.^_^ I wish that had given an explaination about those. I know they're something to collect as part of gameplay, but it would have been cool if they'd been given a plot reason for them to be hanging around the levels making silly noises.
I'd say if a soul was corrupt, all the more reason for them to become a lost soul as some kind of punishment. But we'll never know why those lost souls are there because it wasn't explained in the game. :/

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

Actually no Mundus fired out the shockwave that trapped Dante, Vergil, and Kat into Limbo it had no severe side affect on the human world.

Plus after Dante and co. escaped and formulated a plan to take Mundus the city was perfectly fine.

It was until they got into Mundus's office, separated him from his hell gate, closed his hell gate, and merged the 2 worlds causing Mundus to use pieces of the Earth to form his defensive form and their battle with him along with the merging of the 2 worlds somehow destroyed the city. It wasn't when Vergil shot Lilith and the baby. It was after that both Dante and Vergil is responsible but I hold Dante more responsible since Vergil isn't going around claiming he wants to be mankind's protector as if he cares about them. Now him wanting to be ruler is a story for another day.

Dante doesn't claim to be earth's protector to everyone and doesn't go around advertising it. So, he wasn't ego tripping when he said, the earth is under my protection. It was just another way of him telling Vergil, if you want to rule like Mundus, you'll have to go through me.

Yeah, about the whole limbo thing, I'm pretty sure the shockwaves are affecting the real world as well, because in the The Trade Mission, you are jumping on moving cars when you're trying to catch up to Vergil and Kat. So it would imply that at that point the two worlds are rippling into each other due to the sheer force and rage of Mundus, but meh, this is pointless, you always nitpick everything for the sake for nitpicking.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
technically, the demons NEED the humans to stay alive because if a demon kills a human soul, then that soul will not be avenged and not be able to pass into the afterlife in this case the afterlife being mundus's batcave thing. and if souls stop going there, then the demons can't survive

Last time I checked Vergil shut that thing down rendering it useless. So it doesn't matter now.

Also, I know its been a while I played DmC but.....what?? I really don't recall much of that. I know they were harvesting human souls but I don't recall them being used for nourishment and food. It was never clear if that was the intent.

So I don't get it. Why would demons need human souls to survive especially if demons are from hell in which they can't get access to human souls or happy human souls?

I mean prior to Mundus and his demon lackies controlling mankind (because Mundus did say that there was a time when humans had freedom) how did demons survive before especially when humans lived in a time of complete war and bloodshed so no happy souls for demons to consume?

Sounds......kind of retarded.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Dante doesn't claim to be earth's protector to everyone or advertise it. He wasn't ego tripping when he said, the earth is under my protection. It was just another way of him telling Vergil, if you want to rule like Mundus, you'll have to go through me.

edit: nm, I'll have to look into the limbo trapping thing.

You know because your in Limbo, the realm where any random sh*t can happen but the human world still remains the same......most of the time.

You know because your in Limbo, the realm where any random sh*t can happen but the human world still remains the same......most of the time.

It's not that simple, I think the game indicates that massive scale destruction tends to bleed into the real world. Like the giant Ferris wheel in the first mission. So I would think total wholescale destruction of LImbo due to Mundus's rage shockwaves would definitely causing **** to go crazy in the real world.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
It's not that simple, I think the game indicates that massive scale destruction tends to bleed into the real world. Like the giant Ferris wheel in the first mission. So I would think total wholescale destruction of LImbo due to Mundus's rage shockwaves would definitely causing **** to go crazy in the real world.

Considering how after they escaped from Mundus and Limbo and retreated to come up with a plan and tried out said plan it seems a few hours has passed not much has changed. There aren't ambulance sirens, people panicking. If anything people were still walking around nonchalantly and doing their normal activities in the city especially in the scene when Mundus falls to the ground and starts sucking stuff in or when demons started appearing in the real world. If Mundus previous actions of twisting up Limbo actually damaged the city or had some negative side effects people wouldn't still be strolling around outside like nothing happened. Perhaps it did do some damage to the area Dante and co was in but not the entire city or a majority of it as shown after the battle.

The game indicates that what you do in Limbo has affects on the real world but its done so when extremely convenient.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Considering how after they escaped from Mundus and Limbo and retreated to come up with a plan and tried out said plan it seems a few hours has passed not much has changed. There aren't ambulance sirens, people panicking. If anything people were still walking around nonchalantly and doing their normal activities in the city especially in the scene when Mundus falls to the ground and starts sucking stuff in or when demons started appearing in the real world. If Mundus previous actions of twisting up Limbo actually damaged the city or had some negative side effects people wouldn't still be strolling around outside like nothing happened. Perhaps it did do some damage to the area Dante and co was in but not the entire city or a majority of it as shown after the battle.

The game indicates that what you do in Limbo has affects on the real world but its done so when extremely convenient.

Actually, I think from the trade to going to Mundus's tower was at least a few days later. For one thing, the bullet wound Kat got couldn't have been bearable only for a night. Bullet wounds don't just feel a little better in a few hours, and pulling that bullet out must have also stung like a bitch so it would at least take two or three days before Kat was in any condition to be doing any planning anymore. By that time, Mundus could've made the excuse that Dante and co. were responsible with high active bombs, and saying they killed his wife and kid.

Plus, its not like the entire city of Limbo was destroyed in Mundus's rage. Limbo isn't some small town, its a large city so its not like sirens are gonna be heard all through the city.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Last time I checked Vergil shut that thing down rendering it useless. So it doesn't matter now.

Also, I know its been a while I played DmC but.....what?? I really don't recall much of that. I know they were harvesting human souls but I don't recall them being used for nourishment and food. It was never clear if that was the intent.

So I don't get it. Why would demons need human souls to survive especially if demons are from hell in which they can't get access to human souls or happy human souls?

I mean prior to Mundus and his demon lackies controlling mankind (because Mundus did say that there was a time when humans had freedom) how did demons survive before especially when humans lived in a time of complete war and bloodshed so no happy souls for demons to consume?

Sounds......kind of retarded.

are you calling someone's religion ( don't ask the name cuz i'm too lazy to look it up) "retarded"...? thats kinda ****ed up. even for me

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Original dante as he is a legend and a badass nd he is witty . The original games for fun and combat , im still hoping for DMC5

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Can I also pick 2010 TGS Dante as one of the choices? Since that version of Dante was the tougher Dante and also the stronger edgy Dante.
16263_550377128332180_1090639805_n.jpg

YOU PREFER TGS 2010 EMO DANTE!!!!??? WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH YOU!

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
16263_550377128332180_1090639805_n.jpg

YOU PREFER TGS 2010 EMO DANTE!!!!??? WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH YOU!

he seemed like his own character and i'm kinda let down that NT gave into the fans and capcom bullying them. they should have just kept doing what they were doing and the series would have been its own entity and not a "the dark knight" version of DMC3

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
he seemed like his own character and i'm kinda let down that NT gave into the fans and capcom bullying them. they should have just kept doing what they were doing and the series would have been its own entity and not a "the dark knight" version of DMC3

HE WOULD'VE BEEN A TOTAL EMO SWAGFAG!!!
tumblr_ml290xwaAX1r0y8j6o1_400.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom