• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Devil May Cry -Stairway to Heaven-

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
The name for the weapon kinda fits the end of what Dante's journey could be, it means something along the lines of Redemption or Salvation doesn't it?

Saṃsāra is the idea of your multiple lives being like links in a chain, and based on Karma and such, you get closer to enlightenment with each life. So, the less virtuous a life you lead, the more lives you'll have to go through, the more links your chain will have, and subsequently it'll take you longer to truly reach paradise. Alternatively, being a relatively cool dude, you have less links to your chain, and you'll reach enlightenment in less lives.

And of course, things you do in your current life can extend or shorten your Saṃsāra.

I'll do as I want, and you can't stop me. lol. Plus, this isn't Fight Club.

IM%20ANGRY.JPG

That sounds much better than what most people would have where it's either the angel or demon half that has to dominate. It doesn't have to be and either/or. There's obviously a part of him that has nothing to do with either half and has existed somewhere in between.

Yeah, I usually think of Dante as a scale of Angel and Demon, or of Malice and Grace. For the longest time, the scales have just been so tipped in his demonic side's favor. He's still him no matter what, but all that Malice is just affecting him. Ha, it would almost be an explanation for his dickish behavior in DmC :p

I'm sure you can do your ideas justice. And I'll try not to ask too many questions about them.

Don't worry about bugging me with questions - I like knowing that people are interested enough in what I'm doing to want to know more :3 Just ask away! Although, be prepared for me to give you a vague answer if I'm trying to keep something a bit more under wraps :p

I just have to comment on this. A demon fart opening a gate? That's a new one. What level of hell was that? And did he have a mule, or something? He could have made a trumpet of that since they are also called asses.

Canto XXI was the eighth circle, and no, it wasn't a donkey, because another translation was "He made a trumpet of his rump." >.< So yeah, just a demon who called for the opening of a gate with a stinky toot. Dante had himself a grand ol' sense of humor.

Last edited:

EllDawn

IM%20ANGRY.JPG

Yeah, I usually think of Dante as a scale of Angel and Demon, or of Malice and Grace. For the longest time, the scales have just been so tipped in his demonic side's favor. He's still him no matter what, but all that Malice is just affecting him. Ha, it would almost be an explanation for his dickish behavior in DmC :p

Don't worry about bugging me with questions - I like knowing that people are interested enough in what I'm doing to want to know more :3 Just ask away! Although, be prepared for me to give you a vague answer if I'm trying to keep something a bit more under wraps :p

Canto XXI was the eighth circle, and no, it wasn't a donkey, because another translation was "He made a trumpet of his rump." >.< So yeah, just a demon who called for the opening of a gate with a stinky toot. Dante had himself a grand ol' sense of humor.
Naa na na-naa naaa.

Anyway, yeah that could be used as an explanation. Demons were portrayed as abusive in every way possible. I'm sure Dante's demon half would show through in some way.

That's the problem. I'd probably end up asking questions you'd give vague answers for. I seem to have done it several times before.

I don't think I'd want to be around when that demon opened the gate. Not just because of the smell, but how loud it must have been. I'd start to wonder if it was causing some tearing.

By the way, this is one of the songs I'd suggest listening to.
This song in particular gives a sense of going from hell to heaven. And the lyrics could help in finding a different title, if you still want one.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Hrrrmmm, I'm not sure. I can't quite get a good handle on the lyrics to jazz them up for a subtitle. Although the theme of going from Hell to Heaven fits nicely.

OH! Maybe..."Rock Aeternam" :p nevermind, that's dumber than Rockin' on Heaven's Door.

Last edited:

EllDawn

Hrrrmmm, I'm not sure. I can't quite get a good handle on the lyrics to jazz them up for a subtitle. Although the theme of going from Hell to Heaven fits nicely.

OH! Maybe..."Rock Aeternam" :p
That sounds better. I wish I could remember what aeternam means. I've been out of choir for too long.

EllDawn

"Eternity." Yaaaaaay Latin~ The default language of anything heavenly or hellish :p Heck, even I used it.
You could have just given yourself a compliment or insult saying you're either heavenly or hellish thanks to your use of Latin.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Eh, much like Dante, I am "betwixt vice and virtue" :3

Although, there's a hint in what I said before - Latin is my default "native language" for the angels and demons, although other older tongues make their way in too. Take that how you will when lookin' for hints!

*jumps away*

EllDawn

Eh, much like Dante, I am "betwixt vice and virtue" :3

Although, there's a hint in what I said before - Latin is my default "native language" for the angels and demons, although other older tongues make their way in too. Take that how you will when lookin' for hints!

*jumps away*
We pretty much all are. It just depends on which you lean more toward.

So I can expect to see more Latin. You're going to have me listening to more songs from the Rutter Requiem, and whatever else I know of that's in Latin.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I don't expect too much Latin, but...it'll surely sneak in there.

Hint: There's already been some Latin :x

EllDawn

I don't think you could avoid some Latin for two reasons. One, the source material. Two, a lot of English words are derived from Latin, anyway. lol. I just might not have recognized it.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
True :3

I'd also like to ask a favor of you all who have been reading this. I've essentially just finished a small chunk of the story, and I'm wondering if you all wouldn't mind sharing this with other people you know who would be interested, and also maybe poke Ninja Theory and the Devil May Cry facebook/twitter things. It's a labor of love and I'd be interested to hear from those guys, too (if they had the time to read it, I guess).

I appreciate everyone who has taken an interest in this so far, as it helps me grow as a writer - the one thing I really want and know how to do in life. You guys make me better, so thank you.

EllDawn

We must think the same way. I posted a link to your blog, last night, on facebook. I know there are some people on my friend's list that actually pay attention to what I post, so I'm hoping some might have decided to look around. I could try posting it on Twitter, though I don't have many followers. It might help.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Whatever way you feel like spreadin' it, I appreciate it n.n

I've also been thinking about starting another story to put up on my blarg, so the creative archive doesn't look like a complete fanfic section :p I just need to find something else that I'd be comfortable with doing episodically.

EllDawn

I doubt anyone would think it was mostly fanfiction. Not if they paid attention, anyway.

Good luck in figuring out what to write. You could just give it some time and see what comes to mind. Just as long as your brain isn't like mine. I get too many ideas and then get confused as to what I was writing in the first place.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Heh, there's an idea I've been kicking around about a knight who while stopping a sorcerer ends up creating this giant blast that causes anything caught in its effect to be hurled to some point in time. So the hero ends up reemerging from time 120 years in the future, twenty years after the sorcerer and his tower reemerged, and was able to take over the world.

So, it's a bunch of time-travel malarkey, but...could be fun.

Last edited:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Read the chapters thus far and dude, you're doing a great job. His boss fight with Minos sounded like it was worthy for a Devil May Cry game. I wanted to play through it myself. And I just love how you incorporated all the asylum stuff.

Dante acting crazy was pretty funny.

*anticipates Mission 5*

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Whelp! I put the available chapters up on fanfiction.net.

I'm not too keen on it since it ruins my formatting, but eh, I guess no one there cares that paragraph indentation is gone :p So, here's to more exposure! Yaaaaay~ Get the confetti!

tumblr_lorvdaNDak1r0r5vbo1_500.gif

I guess that means that now people can make reviews for it, too.

EllDawn

Heh, there's an idea I've been kicking around about a knight who while stopping a sorcerer ends up creating this giant blast that causes anything caught in its effect to be hurled to some point in time. So the hero ends up reemerging from time 120 years in the future, twenty years after the sorcerer and his tower reemerged, and was able to take over the world.

So, it's a bunch of time-travel malarkey, but...could be fun.
Sounds like something you might have fun writing. Try it out and see how it goes. I, for one, probably shouldn't have just watched Priest. Now I've got vampires on the brain.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
So, here I was thinking it'd take me a little while to get the next chapter out because of the holiday season, but...well...most of the next chapter has written itself, especially since I appropriated something I wrote regarding a DmC2 for a portion of it.

So yeah! A new chapter should be up soon, although I warn you not to get too excited, since it's a lot of exposition. So...be excited if you love learning!

Erian1Mortal

Premium
So, here I was thinking it'd take me a little while to get the next chapter out because of the holiday season, but...well...most of the next chapter has written itself, especially since I appropriated something I wrote regarding a DmC2 for a portion of it.

So yeah! A new chapter should be up soon, although I warn you not to get too excited, since it's a lot of exposition. So...be excited if you love learning!

Sounds damn promising !

Top Bottom