• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Devil May Cry -Stairway to Heaven-

EllDawn

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the "and now Officer Portinari is Trish WTF?" comment >.<

Portinari is obviously her last name, and she gives her first name as Beatrice, which Dante then shortens to "Trish." Maybe it's because in the first chapter Dante was just calling her "lady," and yet...not in the Lady character-sense, but...because she was just a chick...
That's pretty much how Lady got her new name. Dante didn't know what else to call her. What do they expect? Ma'am? That's really not like Dante. If you can leave a comment on your own story, you could probably use that as a way to answer them. Then you can explain that Trish is short for Beatrice. It's hard to understand how they couldn't make that connection.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Yeah, I dunno. I'm not sure if it's a common practice to reply to reviews with reviews of your own >.<

EllDawn

Yeah, I dunno. I'm not sure if it's a common practice to reply to reviews with reviews of your own >.<
If that's the only way to reply you might as well do it. The only problem is they most likely won't look. They might not even come back to see what else you write. In which case you might as well leave them to their ignorance.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I suppose, although it'd end up for clarification's sake, just in case someone else might feel the same, but I'm not sure people even see other reviews when they make their own.

EllDawn

They can probably look at other reviews. Quoting them, I doubt it. But it wouldn't make much sense if they weren't able to read what other people said about the fanfic.

By the way, you know how before you weren't sure of what to do about how to describe hell? I was playing Blood Omen 2, today (I'm recording scenes). I reached the eternal prison and thought maybe you should take a look at it. There are probably concept arts for it so you'll have more to look at for ideas. Just giving you something else to take a look at.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Hope you don't mind that I post this one here too:
dmc__stairway_to_heaven_minos_final_by_erian1mortal-d6y5hfa.png

Just my take on Minos, I'm quite pleased with the end result, thanks again to TWOxACROSS for the help and the kind feedback!

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Looks pretty good.

This proved I'm playing too much Legacy of Kain. I took one look at the face and thought Hylden.

Hey, I know I've seen this face before XD (even though I've only played the soul reaver games and defiance, and a bit of blood omen 2)

EllDawn

Hey, I know I've seen this face before XD (even though I've only played the soul reaver games and defiance, and a bit of blood omen 2)
You must have, then. I know there were murals in Defiance and Soul Reaver 2. Later in Blood Omen 2 you actually get to fight them. The facial features are very similar, but the Hylden don't have pointed teeth, and the protrusions on the skull aren't so much like horns. More like a head-dress. As I said, I'm playing too much LOK.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
You must have, then. I know there were murals in Defiance and Soul Reaver 2. Later in Blood Omen 2 you actually get to fight them. The facial features are very similar, but the Hylden don't have pointed teeth, and the protrusions on the skull aren't so much like horns. More like a head-dress. As I said, I'm playing too much LOK.
One can not play to much LOK, it's simply to awesome of a series for that XD
Man I wish we would've gotten a sequel to Defiance, could've been awesome!

EllDawn

One can not play to much LOK, it's simply to awesome of a series for that XD
Man I wish we would've gotten a sequel to Defiance, could've been awesome!
lol. True. I'd just better not start quoting Kain or Raziel.

I'm still hoping for one. Who knows? Maybe after Nosgoth comes out there could be a sequel to the story coming after.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I probably should have mentioned this a little sooner, but I'm sorta gonna wait until after the holidays have subsided before I try to start on any more missions. I've been trying to focus on my larger project a bit more in the off-time I have, but also planning more of Blast Back as well (so my blarg doesn't look like some fanfic-laden hub :tongue:).

I hope you'll also support Blast Back as well n.n

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Hey now, youve been a busy B!!

I don't know how, but you're bringing up everything that should matter after mundus died.

I thoroughly enjoyed every chapter. To bad no more chapters til after the holidays, but i think it will be well worth the wait.

:thumbsup:

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
What can I say? I've got a knack for conceptualizing, I guess. Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate 'em. Hope you'll become a fan, too n.n

Don't forget to spread the word~

Top Bottom