• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Definitive Edition for PS4 & Xbox One

berto

I Saw the Devil
Agreed. This topic should be banned for life.
That's all fine and good but then that would be a two way street. Yes, no one gets to use that argument on a game you like but in turn no one gets to use that argument on a game you don't like.

In reality, though, it won't be a banned topic. It's not just a matter of jabbing at games, people bring up sales figures as historical reference, to see how a game they are invested on is doing, to verify chances for a sequel, or just out of curiosity. Some of my favorite games never made it passed the 50 thou mark but that doesn't change how much I like them and I know this because I've looked them numbers up and I will argue their value despite their sales so it's not as though I've been on that side of the fence. It's too integral a part of game to be a forbidden topic.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
c'mon now guys, be postitive, like what the architect said to neo "DmC will have a sequel and there is nothing you can do about it"

Dominus

It could be if sales will be good. I really hope that DE will succeed.
A mainline DMC is already rumored to be in production, so if a sequel to DmC is being made it wouldn't be for a long time. Plus we don't even know if Capcom will make it out of this generation in one piece. Hell we don't know if NT will make it out of this generation alive either. They currently are trying to replicate the AAA model on a smaller scale (and their success as a developer probably hinges on this model with Hellblade's sales).

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
Does anyone know where the key is in mission 9? I know it used to be on a high platform that I could reach if I did enemy steps upwards and then boost on it, but now there's only a devil trigger star there.

DantesLink

Premium
Supporter 2014
Does anyone know where the key is in mission 9? I know it used to be on a high platform that I could reach if I did enemy steps upwards and then boost on it, but now there's only a devil trigger star there.
If you ever need to know, check out the change log. :D

Mission 9 (Dante)
1. Moved the Key in the first major combat room to behind the Aquila Vines just after this room.
2. Moved the Aquila Vines, and the platform it is on, up about a metre, so that it doesn't look like you can reach it with Angel Boost and the Osiris.
3. Moved the Devil Trigger Star that was here to where the key was.

sssensational

Supporter 2014
If you ever need to know, check out the change log. :D

Mission 9 (Dante)
1. Moved the Key in the first major combat room to behind the Aquila Vines just after this room.
2. Moved the Aquila Vines, and the platform it is on, up about a metre, so that it doesn't look like you can reach it with Angel Boost and the Osiris.
3. Moved the Devil Trigger Star that was here to where the key was.

Ah, totally forgot about that one! Thanks! :D

sssensational

Supporter 2014
Hardcore mode really makes this game shine. Enemies are agressive and the style meter is ruthless.

I keep forgetting that you can hit color coded enemies with everything now though :p

Great job NT, can't wait for Hellblade.

Hardcore mode is where it's at! ...not on Son of Sparda though, I'm not good enough lmao. My favorite difficulties are now SOS or Nephilim + Hardcore.

To be honest, I still hit the colored enemies with the right weapons. It's not much use to me if I can't make them stagger or anything.

I have so much faith in Hellblade now.

GF9000000Returns

I brought this game last night and MAN it felt good playing it again.

Have to say, I didn't really give much of a damn about Hardcore mode when it was annouced... but I was dead wrong. Hardcore mode makes the game really come alive. The non-stop frantic nature of the combat is extreme.

Wonderfully implemented. The bosses feel like really nasty peices of work. They are actually a challenge to beat in Hardcore mode. They don't feel as repititive as their non-Hardcore counterparts.

Even the Devil Trigger is kicked up a notch. Brilliant mod Ninja Theory, brilliant mod.

I tried it once and was blown away too, buuut I'm not gonna use it again until I reach DMD. Then on GMD mode, I plan to use hardcore and turbo! It's gonna sure remind me of them DMC3 days.

Judge

I tried it once and was blown away too, buuut I'm not gonna use it again until I reach DMD. Then on GMD mode, I plan to use hardcore and turbo! It's gonna sure remind me of them DMC3 days.

Tbh, I kindof suck at the game, I'm struggling to get the Parry's right and I can't figur

The only thing is I struggle to make effective use of Parrying. Its more difficult on Hardcore mode. The other issue is jump cancelling is probably a lot more useful, but I'm not that good at using it. Well pretty bad to tell the truth.

trickSTAR

Devil May Sexy
talk about getting anything good, will they release dlcs for it? more skin perhaps
I know people would lose their minds if they announced DLC for DE, but I would like more costumes/weapon skins/mods.

I want Shirtless Dante, Fedora Vergil, Normal Vergil, stubble mod and ability to switch hair style on the costumes. I would use Dante's DMC1 costume a lot more, if I could swap DmC hairstyle on it.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
exactly that, i would love to see more skins too and definitely would loose my mind for it, moreover, i dont own ps4 and xb1 --that's like reaaaaaally loosing my mind..

sssensational

Supporter 2014
I know people would lose their minds if they announced DLC for DE, but I would like more costumes/weapon skins/mods.

I want Shirtless Dante, Fedora Vergil, Normal Vergil, stubble mod and ability to switch hair style on the costumes. I would use Dante's DMC1 costume a lot more, if I could swap DmC hairstyle on it.

I'd really love this, but I don't think it's gonna happen lol. Gregaman told us that this was truly the definitive edition, so...

Anyone finsihed Gods Must Die mode yet? Do you get anything good for finishing it?

I haven't even tried it past mission 1. Maybe once I get my platinum trophy, it's just too much trouble for me at the moment. xD

sssensational

Supporter 2014
Sorry for the double posting, I couldn't edit my previous post. Anyway, I've been playing some Gods Must Die, giving myself a nice challenge while I'm at it: don't get hit. Sometimes it takes three hits to kill Dante, but sometimes it's an instant kill.

Top Bottom