• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Definitive Edition for PS4 & Xbox One

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
IIRC, Gregaman said on the last stream that the game is complete and won't receive DLC, confirmed by producer Rey Jimenez.

1c0.jpg

Judge

Veloran

Ugh, I just need one more health fragment to get the trophy but I can't for the life of me find it.

But the good news is (I know that some of you didn't want to talk about it), DmC Definitive Edition has taken the fifth spot in the UK game charts: http://ghoststorm.co.uk/latest-uk-game-charts-25/#more-16673
I'm not sure that's something to be enthusiastic about. It's more indicative of just how bad game sales have been lately.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1011283

DmC Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition PS4 (56%)
XBO (44%)

06 (NE) PS4 DMC: DEFINITIVE EDITION (CAPCOM) < 4,498
18 (NE) XBO DMC: DEFINITIVE EDITION (CAPCOM) < 3,534

Judge

US/EU only. Capcom Japan says nothing of it anywhere. Likely because the original was so ~westernized~, JP wouldn't want it again. Even when DE was announced Capcom Japan only mentioned DMC4SE.

Think the game (vanillia) did okay in Japan ya know. The DMC series has never had a considerabilly strong following in Japan anyway. Much bigger franchises like Final Fantasy or Metal Gear Solid.

Besides all these sales the game gets now, or the sales DMC4 gets now, all those sales are from people who bought the vanillia edition of the games.

What Capcom wanted with this game is for fans who never played a DMC game before to pick it up. Not sure how either DmC DE or DMC4 SE can achieve that.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Been on a Devil May Cry replay run as of late going through multiple games again, and I finally realized something. I'd have to say that Vergil is my favorite character in DmC.

His incarnation in DmC is leaps and bounds above the original which is why I like him so much here. He actually has more of a personality and is a lot more interesting a villain this time around. I don't care what anyone says, he is without a doubt in fact better in DmC. Let's all take a moment to talk about dat Vergil.

And we need another booty thread.

Veloran

Been on a Devil May Cry replay run as of late going through multiple games again, and I finally realized something. I'd have to say that Vergil is my favorite character in DmC.

His incarnation in DmC is leaps and bounds above the original which is why I like him so much here. He actually has more of a personality and is a lot more interesting a villain this time around. I don't care what anyone says, he is without a doubt in fact better in DmC. Let's all take a moment to talk about dat Vergil.

And we need another booty thread.
I could not possibly disagree with you any harder.

I'd suggest making another thread over in general about this topic, honestly, because it's certain to derail this one.

Top Bottom