• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Definitive Edition for PS4 & Xbox One

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
They should do the same (move the stances and weapons onto the D-pad) with Dante.
No, that would make no sense.

Vergil only has one weapon unlike Dante. I think his d-pad thing is just an optional mechanic to help ease the way you perform those special moves with the doppelganger and such.

berto

I Saw the Devil
DT Doppelganger statuses - Standard, Angel, Demon, Delay. It's the functions on the D-Pad, given HUD reference for the player.
Oh, yeah. I never used those so I forgot they were a thing. Now I'm a bit disappointing and should start demanding more armament.

BRING IT! SON! I'll tell you when I'm not ready!!

edit:
Yeah. I am not digging on the DMC3 Vergil costume. The hair is too Einstein and the coat doesn't move right. It's folding at the waist. That coat folds at chest level, under his arms, so when this one flaps :)whistle:) with the movement it looks like it clings too much to Vergil, like it's glued to him from the waist up.

Last edited:

Fwelias

It's really nothing more than showing you which "stance" your Doppelganger is set to, really. Don't get your hopes up.
Ah of course. I feel sorta dumb now for getting my hopes up haha. Shame though. I liked Vergil's Downfall a lot but a bit more could have gone into it. Like Demon-Kat and Hollow Dante could have easily been bosses and by defeating them Vergil could obtain gauntlets like Beowulf and the Rebellion/Yamato combo. Gotta say though, that 60 fps with turbo mode looks great.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@berto I think they kept his original DmC coat mesh, which had that waist movement, and just applied old Vergil's coat texture.

Anyway, despite this new (stupid) trend that some people seem to start digging into nowadays (which is 30 FPS>60 FPS), the 60 FPS kick ass. Like always. Action looks waaaay more fluid and Turbo mode can only benefit from that.

berto

I Saw the Devil
@berto I think they kept his original DmC coat mesh, which had that waist movement, and just applied old Vergil's coat texture.
Oh, that is very much what happened. I know. It is very easy to tell. It doesn't look right, though. The other coat looked more dynamic, it looked more cape like and it really added to Vergil's movements.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
I've seen the screenshots where the coat just cuts through Vergil's leg which is a shame, but regardless I could get used to this.

2vcwe2p.png

Weak Vergil is still my favorite outfit though atm.

Devil Player

Wow, THAT 60 fps gameplay!!!

It's intense, delicious, sexy, tough, rough, beautiful, exciting, stylish, addicting!!!

Yes, I got that excited! :)

sssensational

Supporter 2014
Wow, THAT 60 fps gameplay!!!

It's intense, delicious, sexy, tough, rough, beautiful, exciting, stylish, addicting!!!

Yes, I got that excited! :)

I wish I could be! I'm at school at the moment, and their internet isn't good enough to handle the better videos. But I remember looking at the DmC: DE announcement trailer on YouTube at 1080p/60fps and wow, it was really quite a sight!

Devil Player

I wish I could be! I'm at school at the moment, and their internet isn't good enough to handle the better videos. But I remember looking at the DmC: DE announcement trailer on YouTube at 1080p/60fps and wow, it was really quite a sight!

Don't worry. When you get the chance to watch it at home, you'll see how fast the gameplay is.

Sure, the player is also playing on turbo ( if I'm correct ), but the video is excellent regardless.

nephlim god

I think the outfits cool . So is dantes. Imagine if they included full dt from dmc 3 with that costume . Would be a nice twist. Need this game now hate waiting so much

sssensational

Supporter 2014
So I'm curious about one thing. Objectively speaking, how excited are you for the Definitive Edition based on what you've seen so far?

Of course I am excited, I am a DmC fan after all. But when I try to look at the new stuff we've seen over the past few weeks and I can't help but feel like it's not quite there yet on my hype train. I'd personally still give it a solid 7/10.

I was just talking to a friend on Tumblr and she was also half-excited for the DE edition because to her, it still felt rushed. While that feeling isn't as big on my end, I do certainly see her point. I hope that they're still working hard on it.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Something feels really off about Vergil's coat. It does looks like ps2 texture placed atop of new gen model. It leaves weird impression.

ji-high

So I'm curious about one thing. Objectively speaking, how excited are you for the Definitive Edition based on what you've seen so far?

Of course I am excited, I am a DmC fan after all. But when I try to look at the new stuff we've seen over the past few weeks and I can't help but feel like it's not quite there yet on my hype train. I'd personally still give it a solid 7/10.

I was just talking to a friend on Tumblr and she was also half-excited for the DE edition because to her, it still felt rushed. While that feeling isn't as big on my end, I do certainly see her point. I hope that they're still working hard on it.
Maybe wait until you have the game in your hands before rating it and implying it's rushed? Why is this game always under so much scrutiny?

sssensational

Supporter 2014
Maybe wait until you have the game in your hands before rating it and implying it's rushed?

I'm not implying it's rushed, I'm telling you that a friend of mine has that feeling, and I can relate to that partially. I am here in this thread to share my excitement over things that look good in the game (dat turbo!!!) and things that I've seen screenshots of that look not quite perfect yet (e.g. Vergil's DMC3 coat). Dante's DMC1 outfit looks, from what I've seen, good.

Something feels really off about Vergil's coat. It does looks like ps2 texture placed atop of new gen model. It leaves weird impression.

My thoughts exactly. I do like the hair though.

Anyway, it looks like Amazon made a mistake. They changed DmC's page back to its regular title and I haven't heard anything else of a Collector's or Limited Edition.

Here's hoping it happens anyway!

I'm kinda hoping that Capcom keeps feeding us tiny pieces of news and then at the beginning of March the just sorta slam us out of the water with something really surprising.

Top Bottom