• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Definitive Edition for PS4 & Xbox One

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
I noticed Dante's hair was a little smoother than it used to be, but that might just be my imagination. I'm going to go in-game real quick to take a screenshot to compare.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I can see where they got the design of the hair
latest

berto

I Saw the Devil
It's not the outfit that's silly, it's the hair.

Both Dante and Vergil are too slim and narrow to pull off the old looks.

edit: Couldn't help but notice that they didn't make a skin for the Yamato to look like the DMC3 one.

PS - Berto, I do not intend for these codes to be sold. :) I like to give them away to people.
That's cool. I still think you should hold a forum contest for those who might not have it but it is your to do with as you will.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well considering that they didn't make a skin for rebellion to look like Alastor or DMC3 rebellion, I'm not surprised.
I thought about that but that's because the other weapons have a completely different shape than their counterparts. Yamato, tough, would really only need a new color matte.

sssensational

Supporter 2014
That's cool. I still think you should hold a forum contest for those who might not have it but it is your to do with as you will.

To be honest, I prefer giving it to people who haven't played DmC at all, but I'll definitely keep your suggestion in mind. Perhaps for the 2nd anniversary next week? We'll see.

In any case, am I just seeing things I want to see or does the hair look smoother in the Definitive Edition? I really want that to be the case, so I am not the most credible person to answer that question. Also, the screenshots were rather low quality. I'm kind of disappointed. :)

2469wyd.jpg

my PC screenshot
2mee7it.jpg

DE

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Another thing I noticed; on the left corner where the Angel/Demon trigger icons are, what are the top and bottom ones?

sssensational

Supporter 2014
I don't think Vergil's DMC3 outfit suits him, but I'm sure I'll warm up to it eventually. I still think it's nice that they're including it. Could use a bit more polishing though, esp the coat.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Another thing I noticed; on the left corner where the Angel/Demon trigger icons are, what are the top and bottom ones?
On Vergil?
If I had to guess? Human, angel, demon, and doppelganger.

I don't think Vergil's DMC3 outfit suits him, but I'm sure I'll warm up to it eventually. I still think it's nice that they're including it. Could use a bit more polishing though, esp the coat.
I agree with you there. But I think this might be screens from an early build, things that might get fixed by release. Hopefully he'll look better in motion than he does in stills.

sssensational

Supporter 2014
Wow, DmC just can't win with you guys, can it? :/

Huh?

I'm very excited about these screens, don't get me wrong. But you can't tell me you don't see a part of Dante's coat being gone, and Vergil's coat looking blurry. I'm just saying, I've seen some beautiful things on the PS4, and all I want is for DmC is blow that all out of the water. I hope that berto is right and they're early screens.

Don't know if they were leaked. If they weren't, surely Capcom would post it themselves, right?

berto

I Saw the Devil
SHE wishes she could. :/ I can't find any pre-order deals here yet. Not that it matters anyway if there are no pre-order bonuses. Can't wait to stroll in my usual video game store and grab myself a copy. :D
Sorry, love. It's hard to keep gender's straight in a faceless environment. How do you tell them blokes from lasses if there is no implication of either, eh? Anyway, noted.

sssensational

Supporter 2014
Sorry, love. It's hard to keep gender's straight in a faceless environment. How do you tell them blokes from lasses if there is no implication of either, eh? Anyway, noted.

A simple click on the name should do the trick, right?

But that's alright, feel free to continue with your 'male unless proven otherwise', if it works. You're certainly not the only one. Ninja Theory referred to me as a 'he' in their Hellblade stream. Something they rectified a while later when I - in a very subtle manner - added 'the female' to my twitter name.

b9io9i.png

Anyway, I'm glad we got some stuff today. I was really just posting things on this forum and in this thread to keep it alive but now I won't have to do that anymore, this thread is all like:

j9u6mh.jpg

corrnata

Dude dem some new D-pad icons for vergil, so wat?

down = human
left = angel
right = demon
up = nephilim

Like woots going on, also Vergil sweet clipping on the coat

berto

I Saw the Devil
I know. It's just that the endless nitpicking got under my skin.
That's fair but one can't help but point out when they see things they don't like or feel off. Sometimes we don't know why it looks off so we start nitpicking it to understand why we don't like it in hopes of finding a way to make it better because we want to like it.

Top Bottom