• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Definitive Edition for PS4 & Xbox One

LoneRangerNinjutsu

The Man Without Fear!
I'm going to be honest; excluding the chaps, I liked Dante's look in DMC4. Maybe there is just something cool about the character that transcends fashion and appearances for me. I dunno.

No matter, my favorite Dante look (DMC1 Dante) is going to be a skin in the Definitive Edition, which has me absolutely ecstatic! Is it confirmed yet if Vergil will have a "classic" skin for DmC in the Definitive Edition?

berto

I Saw the Devil
I am also hoping for a 'clean' look in his missions. That was the only thing I was missing from the Vergil's DLC.

berto

I Saw the Devil
vergil classic skin confirmed in DmC? did i read this right? why was it not mentioned in the trailer?
It was in the Capcom-Unity announcement post that went with the trailer.

it was also posted here on the forum, wasn't it?

Edit: It was, on the very first post of this very thread.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
It was in the Capcom-Unity announcement post that went with the trailer.

it was also posted here on the forum, wasn't it?

Edit: It was, on the very first post of this very thread.

whoaa, you were right, can't wait to see more trailers and gameplay for that, shame i wont be able to play it, dont have current gen consoles..

Am I the only one who wants an option to wear Vergil's hat in-game?

lol, yes :D

what about the hood on Dante's coat, he was seen using it in the CG trailer

this, me want

Judge

Where are you getting that number from?

Glad you asked me that actually. Basically on the PS4 (not sure about Xbox One) you can look at trophies. Trophies this time show you how rare your trophies are. Theres a percentage that shows you how many players obtained a respective trophy.

In the case of the DMC HD collection, only about 2-3 % of players finished the games on DMD mode. On DmC, its about the same, only aroud 2-3 % of players finish the game on DMD mode.

I only have a PS4, on Xbox its possible they don't show this information. I would be interested in making a thread a some point in colaboration with an Xbox One user to compile a list of how many people actually finish the game, and how many people go on to DMD mode and things like that.

In the case of DMC3, only 25% of the people who bought it on PS3 actually went on to finish the game in Normal Mode. In DmC over 40% of players finished the game.

This information is useful to both us and Capcom, because when DMC4 SE and DmC DE come out we can look at the sales and we can compare how many people finished each game using Trophy and Achievement data. I would be interested to see how many players actually finish DMC4 because I know a lot of people got fed up of the backtracking and some of the less desirable missions, like the dice game.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
This information is useful to both us and Capcom, because when DMC4 SE and DmC DE come out we can look at the sales and we can compare how many people finished each game using Trophy and Achievement data. I would be interested to see how many players actually finish DMC4 because I know a lot of people got fed up of the backtracking and some of the less desirable missions, like the dice game.

I'm a very big fan of statistics. :D

Anyway, I will not settle for anything less than platinum when DmC DE comes out. But you're right, after that, there are missions that I just prefer not to play. For instance, the one with the 'puzzle' at the end of mission 18 (I think). My favorite kind of missions are missions 1, 3, 4, 11, 12... waves and waves of enemies and lotsa space to run around. To me, the area was too cramped in mission 18 which made me enjoy it less.

Tiran

The great pretender.
SIGH...really? The boots bother that many people? Of all the fallacies and blindingly-glaring flaws that both past and present incarnations of Dante have brought to the table, the one thing that draws the most disdain when it comes to DMC4 are the boots?

And I really hate pushing the technical spectacles up the bridge of my nerd nose (especially concerning Dante of all people, considering I'm the last person you'd find ever defending him in any good instance), but THEY AREN'T BOOTS.
THEY'RE CHAPS. CHAPS. DOES NO ONE KNOW THE DIFFERENCE?

Sigh...ahem. So, DmC: Definitive Edition...really looking forward to those Limited Edition goodies. Here's hopin' for that soundtrack CD...
Well, they're half-chaps worn over full-chaps and cowboy boots. Also... Who says everyone hates Dante's boots and chaps? Or any of his well tailored outfits? Although not very practical for everyday wear, Blade wore it all first in live action and proved such clothing to be mucho stylish without attracting such ire. While the full chaps require a nicer rear end than I have, I'd rock the heaven or hell out of the outfit with leather pants replacing full arse-out chaps and the red half chaps over the boots.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think I'm gonna get them in the eventual game-stop bundle :cool: but i am gonna try doing a review for each of them. I'm not sure if I'll do Vergil's downfall separate tho. Thing is I did start a review of DmC but I scrapped it because i felt too biased so i think its been two years and that could be enough distance to ensure a proper review.

I think for new skins/costumes I would want them to use some of Nero's old concept art cause they are pretty rad.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Well, they're half-chaps worn over full-chaps and cowboy boots. Also... Who says everyone hates Dante's boots and chaps? Or any of his well tailored outfits? Although not very practical for everyday wear, Blade wore it all first in live action and proved such clothing to be mucho stylish without attracting such ire. While the full chaps require a nicer rear end than I have, I'd rock the heaven or hell out of the outfit with leather pants replacing full arse-out chaps and the red half chaps over the boots.

I didn't like the chaps nor the entire outfit for DMC4 because I felt it tried to hard to make Dante look cool but instead made him look like a rejected Final Fantasy character with all those buckles and unnecessary zippers. I wished they'd went for something more basic like with the DMC1 or DMC3 outfit. Sometimes less can be more. The outfit seemed to me like Capcom trying to keep Dante "cool" but only making him look more like an anime character and less like an action hero like in DMC1. This coupled with his attitude which seemed like it tried way to hard to be "hip" and "down with it" that it seemed he was more so trying to show up Nero but was disappointing in my experience.

But that's just me who thinks that though.

Let's hope we can at least get an Alastor skin. That's like, my favorite sword in the series.

I hope we get that one key chain rebellion idea that was promoted.
10210289.jpg

Tiran

The great pretender.
I didn't like the chaps nor the entire outfit for DMC4 because I felt it tried to hard to make Dante look cool but instead made him look like a rejected Final Fantasy character with all those buckles and unnecessary zippers. I wished they'd went for something more basic like with the DMC1 or DMC3 outfit. Sometimes less can be more. The outfit seemed to me like Capcom trying to keep Dante "cool" but only making him look more like an anime character and less like an action hero like in DMC1. This coupled with his attitude which seemed like it tried way to hard to be "hip" and "down with it" that it seemed he was more so trying to show up Nero but was disappointing in my experience.

But that's just me who thinks that though.

I hope we get that one key chain rebellion idea that was promoted.
10210289.jpg
I actually agree with you on his personality- At least after his initial appearance in the first fight with Nero. That whole sequence portrayed him as a mysterious calm and cool guy, until the point in the game around where he replaced Nero. I hate to say it, but Reuben Langdon over did it with his inflection and delivery of Dante's lines. He seems to stretch, sigh and breath all of his dialogue instead of speaking it. It's as if Dante can't be bothered to be anything but too cool at all times. Also, 80 percent of his lines are trying to be- or are- catchphrases. Johnny young Bosch gave Nero more variety dimension and gravity. (Even though the anime plot script tried to sabotage his pussy whipped character)

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Also... Who says everyone hates Dante's boots and chaps? Or any of his well tailored outfits?
The only outfit I can truly say I hated was---and this probably won't surprise a single person who knows me---DMC3 Dante's outfit. That open-coat, torn-sleeve get up reeked of so much forced bishonen edgery that it hurt. The clunky-looking boots and the K-pop style haircut (as opposed to the groomed, parted, professional style sported by all the other incarnations, most notably DMC2 Dante with that stylized mane of his that still looks badass even today), didn't help things either.

Even when translated to DmC as a DLC outfit, it still looks stupid. I was actually both relieved and pleasantly surprised when I found out about the DMC1 costume in the upcoming Definitive Edition. It looks really cool...now all we need is a DMC2 costume. That would look really neat, especially when wielding weapons like Aquilla or Osiris.

I didn't like the chaps nor the entire outfit for DMC4 because I felt it tried to hard to make Dante look cool but instead made him look like a rejected Final Fantasy character with all those buckles and unnecessary zippers.

It's funny you should mention that...
thesentinel_by_lonewolf117-d64qhie.jpg

I'm surprised nobody ever talks about how unhealthily similar the two are (especially Meg, what with the avatar and all :sneaky:)
I actually agree with you on his personality- At least after his initial appearance in the first fight with Nero. That whole sequence portrayed him as a mysterious calm and cool guy, until the point in the game around where he replaced Nero. I hate to say it, but Reuben Langdon over did it with his inflection and delivery of Dante's lines. He seems to stretch, sigh and breath all of his dialogue instead of speaking it. It's as if Dante can't be bothered to be anything but too cool at all times.
Regratably, Dante's been that way really since 3---maybe not the sighing and laid-back voice-delivery, but he really never seemed bothered by ANYTHING, because he has all the emotional variety of a rock. Remember in DMC1, how Dante seemed more emotionally-diverse and aware of his surroundings? How he showed surprise, suspicion, caution, disdain...even sadness (although it wasn't executed well thanks to sub-par voice acting)? Wave farewell to that.

That's really Dante's biggest downfall as a character...it's that he really isn't one. A character can't exist or ride off of a single note or aspect of his personality without becoming tiresome...and because Dante is either ecstatically-happy or super-confident every second he's on screen, there's no real investment in him as a character.

I blame a change in management for this issue...Bingo Morihashi and the new writers for DMC after Team Little Devils executed Dante's characterization in the worst possible way.

We wouldn't see any emotional variety or fallacy in Dante again until...well, you know...
dmcpendant610.jpg

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Regratably, Dante's been that way really since 3---maybe not the sighing and laid-back voice-delivery, but he really never seemed bothered by ANYTHING, because he has all the emotional variety of a rock. Remember in DMC1, how Dante seemed more emotionally-diverse and aware of his surroundings? How he showed surprise, suspicion, caution, disdain...even sadness (although it wasn't executed well thanks to sub-par voice acting)? Wave farewell to that.

That's really Dante's biggest downfall as a character...it's that he really isn't one. A character can't exist or ride off of a single note or aspect of his personality without becoming tiresome...and because Dante is either ecstatically-happy or super-confident every second he's on screen, there's no real investment in him as a character.

I blame a change in management for this issue...Bingo Morihashi and the new writers for DMC after Team Little Devils executed Dante's characterization in the worst possible way.

We wouldn't see any emotional variety or fallacy in Dante again until...well, you know...
dmcpendant610.jpg

Well to keep this thread on Topic;

For the definitive version, I hope they also have in depth commentary on how the actors got ready for their roles, and their opinions on the characters they played. Maybe a bit of laughs and stuff while they were doing the roles.

But you are right on that emotional range not returning till DmC showed up. I think if not for the new look, new team, and new elements, people would've accepted this emotional personality of Dante if it was with classic Dante instead of new Dante. Some complain about it now because it's used on the version of Dante they don't like and therefore is considered bad writing. But if used for Classic Dante, it's a beautiful masterpiece.

But again, some don't want that for an action hero anymore. no character, just one-liners and bang bang. Anything else would seem too dull and emotionally bad.

If you want, we could discuss this in a new thread if you want.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
Well to keep this thread on Topic;

For the definitive version, I hope they also have in depth commentary on how the actors got ready for their roles, and their opinions on the characters they played. Maybe a bit of laughs and stuff while they were doing the roles.

Really excited to hear what else they've got in store for us. I think it's odd that DmC was made in all those years and the only footage we got from the mocap set was from David De Lautour's Funny or Die video. I'd love some more BTS stuff.

Top Bottom