• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Definitive Edition for PS4 & Xbox One

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
It seems like every thread nowadays, from innocent speculation to rational discussion, is just fated to spiral into another dick-measuring "DmC vs. Insert-Other-Game-Here" debate. And look who always starts it...? Oh...but, of course...

:shifty:

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
MGR exceeded DmC in some parts, like for example dynamic surrounding and enemy bodies. In DmC all surrounding was stationary and pre-coded making it much less demanding that it looked like. And for 60 fps on PC, I hope you know that it was actually coded by completely different team, namely QLOC and as such higher frame most likely lies with better programming skill than with problematic hardware.

DmC had more moving scenery in big and small detail compared to MGR what are you talking about? the PS3 and Xbox 360 aren't strong enough for 60FPS AND the scenery for DmC while MGR wasn't as much detailed and even it had slow down times.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
DmC had more moving scenery in big and small detail compared to MGR what are you talking about? the PS3 and Xbox 360 aren't strong enough for 60FPS AND the scenery for DmC while MGR wasn't as much detailed and even it had slow down times.
I explained what I meant right above it. Sorry, I don't think I need repeat it's all over.

Elijah Guerrero

how about a treaty, Dante (DmC) and Raiden (MGR) go on a duo crossover quest to take down their respective villains (Armstrong and Mundus), cutting through demons and cyborgs alike (which could merge to create Cyber-Demons, shout out to the DOOM series!). along the way they hang out and have some fun, their rivals would be Sam and Vergil (Kat and Bladewolf could be support). As for the music...

Dance With The Dead
Perturbator
Deathstars
Combichrist
(these are just suggestions for the soundtrack)

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I'm still not sold on this Definitive Edition guys. They haven't addressed my most important concern which was more moves.

They have Gods Must Die Mode. Well less than 3% of the people who bought the game actually finished it on DMD mode. I don't think GMD mode was the top priority here.
Where are you getting that number from?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
how about a treaty, Dante (DmC) and Raiden (MGR) go on a duo crossover quest to take down their respective villains (Armstrong and Mundus), cutting through demons and cyborgs alike (which could merge to create Cyber-Demons, shout out to the DOOM series!). along the way they hang out and have some fun, their rivals would be Sam and Vergil (Kat and Bladewolf could be support). As for the music...

Dance With The Dead
Perturbator
Deathstars
Combichrist
(these are just suggestions for the soundtrack)

No cause then people will argue "who kills the enemies more stylishly" and then all hell will occur

EDIT:Well to get back on topic;

I hope one of the costumes for the DE is something John Constantine related.

It would fit for new Dante whose more punk but also a demon killing edgy dude. if new Dante had still SMOKED (eyeing old fans for that) then it would have been more similar.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I suggest we keep the fantastic composer for MGR's soundtrack, eh?
I don't find MGR's music very suitable for DmC. Combrichrist's aggrotech contributions really provide a raw and brutal sound to go along with the demonic tone of DmC.

I say bands that could go along with DmC could be bands like:
-Tool
-Nine Inch Nails
-Disturbed
-Godsmack
-A Perfect Circle
-Deftones
-Slipknot
-Rise Against
-Breaking Benjamin

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
no worries, even without you there are huge amount of people here traumatized by cowboy boots, Nero and Kyrie.
SIGH...really? The boots bother that many people? Of all the fallacies and blindingly-glaring flaws that both past and present incarnations of Dante have brought to the table, the one thing that draws the most disdain when it comes to DMC4 are the boots?

And I really hate pushing the technical spectacles up the bridge of my nerd nose (especially concerning Dante of all people, considering I'm the last person you'd find ever defending him in any good instance), but THEY AREN'T BOOTS.
THEY'RE CHAPS. CHAPS. DOES NO ONE KNOW THE DIFFERENCE?

Sigh...ahem. So, DmC: Definitive Edition...really looking forward to those Limited Edition goodies. Here's hopin' for that soundtrack CD...

Top Bottom