• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Definitive Edition for PS4 & Xbox One

Judge

I do wish there was more new story content outside of the new cutscenes (maybe there are more than one) but other than that, Im cool with this.

Thats something I wanted as well. All the previous DMC games contained some form of small database where the player can uncover more about the world and its mythology.

I doubt DmC will have that, but I would like more depth into some of the concepts established. So I would've liked that as well honestly.

Meg

I don't like to use ignore functions, because I don't find it right to silence someone for being unreasonable in one instance, forsaking all other instances of possible discussion.
Yes, but when it gets to the point where two people cannot have a friendly debate, and every time they meet things dissolve into petty arguments and name calling, ignore list is a good way to go. Some people just can't get along and while I understand not being able to see a person's posts can suck, the staff is tired of having to tell the same people to be civil.

Not aiming that at anyone in particular. Just a general reminder for everyone that if you're constantly at odds with someone, either really think before you post or don't talk to them at all.

Carry on. :thumbsup:

TyIquan_DmC

That's because he edited his post to remove the parts that were problematic. But staff can see everythingggggg.

So think before you post.

I'm really tired of having to say that.

Seems kind of hostile. With that said, if he removed the problematic parts and you only saw it because you're part of the staff, then your post was pointless, no? If not, the ”staff can see eveythingggggg” explanation was pointless because it wasn't edited when you posted, in which case you could've just said so.

Idk. ”So think before you post,” was just uncalled for, is all I'm saying.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I don't like to use ignore functions, because I don't find it right to silence someone for being unreasonable in one instance, forsaking all other instances of possible discussion.
Not to mention, it gives them free reign to talk about you (and DmC) in the meantime.

There are plenty of people on my ignore list, so while I'm not aware of everything that's being said, I do know that there are people who like to take advantage of those who use the ignore function by treating them badly. There's also the fact that they also end up abusing their status updates because they think they're not going to be held accountable for that.

Yes, this post was edited, as well. I had more to add to it and I needed to post my thoughts more clearly, as well.

Last edited:

Tiran

The great pretender.
Yeah sure, because games like MGR is able to run 60 fps, but coding 60fps, apparently to much to demand from NT on a get go xD

If the pc port of DmC running at 60 fps or higher was any indication, the game was designed for higher frame-rates. DmC is far more visually intensive than Mgr. Just look at the dip in visual fidelity, graphics and polygon count from The original Metal gear rising trailer to what platinum games produced. That drop was necessary to keep the game at 60 fps. DmC did not make those concessions however and the game ran at 30 fps on consoles because of it. Basically they choose not to sacrifice visuals for frame-rate.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I haven't heard anything. I don't think that there'll be any news on either game for quite a while yet.

TyIquan_DmC

I thought Greg said they were streaming an upcoming game today? What else do they have in the pipeline besides Devil May Cry?

berto

I Saw the Devil
I haven't heard anything. I don't think that there'll be any news on either game for quite a while yet.
Quite a while? The game is out in 3 months, they used to stream the game for almost a year before release. I'm sure they'll be at it this month, again.

I thought Greg said they were streaming an upcoming game today? What else do they have in the pipeline besides Devil May Cry?
Resident Evil HD. Revelations 2. Street Fighter IV Ultra. Hard to say.

Revelations 2 is episodic so they won't want to give away too much on the stream but REHD is out in 3 weeks so that's where my money is.

Judge

Gregaman said they will be streaming the game every week until March 17th starting in the new year. It will be sometime this month, but theres been no announcement yet on when they will start streaming.

Gregaman your a member of these forums as well. If you can give us any updates on when you guys are going to begin streaming that would be great. Thanks.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
It will be sometime this month, but theres been no announcement yet on when they will start streaming.
Just let me know when they plan on streaming DMC4 Vergil. I don't think @GregaMan is going to be able to make his way back to this forum right now due to all the new stuff that's happening at the moment.

Meg

Seems kind of hostile. With that said, if he removed the problematic parts and you only saw it because you're part of the staff, then your post was pointless, no? If not, the ”staff can see eveythingggggg” explanation was pointless because it wasn't edited when you posted, in which case you could've just said so.

Idk. ”So think before you post,” was just uncalled for, is all I'm saying.
He ninja'd me. I saw his unedited, original post. Hence why I called him out on it. He edited it before I could post my response, but I didn't realize it.

Also, Vergil gameplay steam. Want. @.@

DantesLink

Premium
Supporter 2014

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Here's hoping we get more info in general soon.

In the more speculative side of things: we might be getting a Limited Edition of DmC: DE.
http://gameidealist.com/news/dmc-de...ition-may-getting-collectors-edition-release/

Amazon recently updated the current product/pre-order of DmC: DE with a "Standard Edition" tag.
Hope we get one the cool Dante & Vergil promo arts as the cover, if this is true.
I demand a Collector's Edition that comes with Combichrist's songs on a Soundtrack CD. That would be awesome.

Judge

I'm still not sold on this Definitive Edition guys. They haven't addressed my most important concern which was more moves.

They have Gods Must Die Mode. Well less than 3% of the people who bought the game actually finished it on DMD mode. I don't think GMD mode was the top priority here.

I would love a limited edition of DmC DE, but I think the game does need a lot more moves to add more variety to the combat. I'm praying they've taken care of that this time.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
MGR exceeded DmC in some parts, like for example dynamic surrounding and enemy bodies. In DmC all surrounding was stationary and pre-coded making it much less demanding that it looked like. And for 60 fps on PC, I hope you know that it was actually coded by completely different team, namely QLOC and as such higher frame most likely lies with better programming skill than with problematic hardware.

Top Bottom