• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC combo vid

majeh116

Whoa, neat. Welcome! ^^

I agree about it being slow. But it could become a bit more sped up once we get more weapons and general understanding of the gameplay. I just hope.

At any rate. I made a second combo video. This time I tried some move cancelling that I have seen around in the more hardcore videos and somehow gave them a bit of a personal twist. This is harder than it looks, for me at least.... Could also have something to do with my controller dying out and not reading some of the inputs correctly at times, I need to get a new one in the near future.

And now off to sleep.
Part of me enjoying the combat is actually figuring how the absolute minimal time I can pause to do pause combos and things like that.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Part of me enjoying the combat is actually figuring how the absolute minimal time I can pause to do pause combos and things like that.

It's actually a pretty slim window. You can do it pretty much at any time you see the shine on the weapon.

LeoXCV

Single life for life
This is harder than it looks, for me at least.... Could also have something to do with my controller dying out and not reading some of the inputs correctly at times, I need to get a new one in the near future.
Wouldn't be surprised if it was the game and not your controller. E&I seem quite temperamental for me all the time.
Anyhoo nice stuff. I liked the E&I cancels and found the end little snippets very funny (It's not everyday a Harpie decides to end it's own life). The problems in all current Combo Vids do sprout from the issue that it's a demo still (Enemy health being weak, glitches, limited moves etc.) so hopefully final release has these things sorted. (I seem to be saying that a lot which does kinda worry me)

ChaserTech

. . . It's not everyday a Harpie decides to end it's own life . . .

Haha. :p I remember when I played the DmC demo, I ended up killing myself because I did an aerial combo over the pit. The combo ended with a Stinger attack that sent me to my doom. I killed the enemy with it though, but it was still hilarious.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
How Is the demon-pull kick performed?can't seem to figure it out.

Like Chaser said, but you basically do the input when you see a red cross form under Dante and the enemy he pulls in; do the Demon Pull input at that time, and you'll boot them away.

That one is fairly easy...Angel Lift's Payoff, on the other hand :/

majeh116

Like Chaser said, but you basically do the input when you see a red cross form under Dante and the enemy he pulls in; do the Demon Pull input at that time, and you'll boot them away.

That one is fairly easy...Angel Lift's Payoff, on the other hand :/
do you know how to trigger the sweet close up camera angle of Dante's kick? Btw for your payoff thing I believe the second tap has to be performed right as you collide with the enemy.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
do you know how to trigger the sweet close up camera angle of Dante's kick? Btw for your payoff thing I believe the second tap has to be performed right as you collide with the enemy.

The close-up is random, although it might have to do with the enemy's vitality. Like if they're close to death, it'll probably activate.

ChaserTech

Nice editing!

Yeah I liked the editing. Unfortunately that's the only thing that sorta impressed me.

I haven't seen anything new in the video with an exception of the wall-to-wall Angel Glide. Although something told me it was possible since I've seen videos about it before. (not to mention I used Angel Glide multiple times against a wall, too).

AngelMode

The close-up is random, although it might have to do with the enemy's vitality. Like if they're close to death, it'll probably activate.

Hmm? No, the close up kick is different from the regular one, it's done much like Payoff but it is a bit easier. You gotta time the second X/Square press when the enemy is in front of you after pulling it.

AngelMode

Whaaaaaaa? Really? It's based on a more precise input?

That's...odd...and cool.

Yep, try it out, unlike the regular kick, Dante actually resets his movements really quickly so you can use another demon pull (or whatever) right after without the need of doing a double jump to come out of the animation like you would with the regular kick.

Nice editing!

Btw, nice video. This guy is pretty good at the game. And wall Angel Glide wtf?

Top Bottom