• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC combo vid

Gaflima

Son of no one.
Forget everything you think you know about this game, brea is playing it now.

Chuck Norris approves this video.
Chuck_Approves.gif

Zarathustra

The Forsaken Offspring of Heaven and Hell
Uhh...congrats on finding ways to cancel combos and what not guys, but...like TA stated, I feel all the twitchyness and what-not makes the game a lot less stylish than the system is intended for. Mind you, I probably can find uses for canceling, such as getting away in case I get hit, but other than that...I don't much see a point to it.

AngelMode

@AngelMode great video dude, was looking solid and tight :)

With all these gameplay videos being uploaded, one of you guys should start a style tourney with the demo ;)
I think there would be enough players around if you advertised on other forums as well (GameFAQs, NT forums, Devils Lair etc)

There are still so many combos that I can only dream of doing right now. It's like "hey, I could do this." But when I actually go and do it I realize I need more practice and mess it up halfway through. I think the game is a lot more simplistic than older DMCs but skill is still required to do all sorts of crazy stunts.

And lol, maybe. That'll be cool, but I'm too lazy to do so myself XD

Just finished uploading this cancel compilation vid that Crush linked from Nicozon.

Holy shi- cancel madness! Now that is how you cancel in DmC.

Forget everything you think you know about this game, brea is playing it now.

She needs to forget about DMC canceling and stop with the twitching XD Otherwise:

mother-of-god-meme.jpg

TyIquan_DmC

IMO, brea could use some work. I like TA's video more than hers. Why keep JCing wrong?Some things were cool, but others were meh.

AngelMode

IMO, brea could use some work. I like TA's video more than hers. Why keep JCing wrong?Some things were cool, but others were meh.

Yeah, people are mad because they can't grasp the fact that brea is JC'ing wrong. They need to understand that the JC is different in this game.

Gbraga

Yeah, people are mad because they can't grasp the fact that brea is JC'ing wrong. They need to understand that the JC is different in this game.
I don't think that it's "wrong", I just think they believe it's cool, and I do agree that it isn't at all, but I doubt brea is worse than me at this game as to not know how to "proper JC", because I'm doing it consistently and changing weapons, like you'd do against Frost with Lucifer and the Dark Slayer Style in DMC4, only with Rebellion and Osiris.

crush

I would like to find more of what the players from the Japanese community can do. I must say thanks for TWOxACROSS for uploading it.
I though there was a very cool rainstorm combo that has more than 60 aerial hits somewhere...

Gbraga

Also, it really seems like they just put enemy step in there without balancing the game with that in mind, so even the style system doesn't handle JC all that well. If you JC Drop right after the impact you'll hear the impact sound, the enemy will display the proper impact animation, but the style meter won't register Drop as a move connected.

Paexie

These are pretty sweet vids. BTW: I love to JC with the helmbreaker and suddenly drop with the arbiter. I find it really stylish when mixed up.

Gbraga

These are pretty sweet vids. BTW: I love to JC with the helmbreaker and suddenly drop with the arbiter. I find it really stylish when mixed up.
I thought it wouldn't be so pretty, but I've grown fond of jump cancelling Drop to... well... drop with the enemy to the ground little by litte. The fact that the system does not register the hit even though it actually hits helps to keep the oponent alive as long as you need.

vergilthedemonking

guys, i've been playing this demo to and it says if i want to upgrade my weapons i should visit some store. where do i go? can i even upgrade it cause i havent even done spinning shooting move. please help me

Dusk Stalker

" Everybody gets a bullet!" -Axton
guys, i've been playing this demo to and it says if i want to upgrade my weapons i should visit some store. where do i go? can i even upgrade it cause i havent even done spinning shooting move. please help me

No Divinity Statue in the demo, if they still call it that.

LeoXCV

Single life for life
Decided to make my very first combo vid :D I'm no where near the best but it's a go at least :) This is probably the most appropriate thread to post this in so here it is.

No speed increase, just the half speed at the beginning. I was lazy so I just restarted checkpoint at the beginning a few times to get the clips ;) It's also quite short compared to most but I really wasn't keen on rendering every clip.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Decided to make my very first combo vid :D I'm no where near the best but it's a go at least :) This is probably the most appropriate thread to post this in so here it is.

No speed increase, just the half speed at the beginning. I was lazy so I just restarted checkpoint at the beginning a few times to get the clips ;) It's also quite short compared to most but I really wasn't keen on rendering every clip.

Nice dude. I added it to my Knowledge Primer n.n

Does anyone happen to know the exact number of repetitions an attack can have before it no longer boosts the Style meter? I wanna say it's two...or three...

LeoXCV

Single life for life
Nice dude. I added it to my Knowledge Primer n.n

Does anyone happen to know the exact number of repetitions an attack can have before it no longer boosts the Style meter? I wanna say it's two...or three...

Thanks!

I'm almost certain it's two, helm breaker actually counts hitting the ground with the enemy a separate move. So after JC'ing twice and hitting helm breaker going down with the enemy allows a third boost (Good example is at about 0:48 on my vid).

Top Bottom