• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC combo vid

crush

Another one to add to the pot.

DT finishing is really badass. I love finishing the last combat with red/blue knights using it.
Also it make your timely charged drive more cooler with accuracy because the enemy is locked in the air.

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
Agreed. Once you catch on to the game's mechanics, jump cancelling isn't the only way to pull off combos -_-

AngelMode

Now this guy does jump canceling right.

I don't like to brag but I'm at this guy's level when it comes to jump canceling... he could have used a little more of ground combos though. And funny thing is... you still can get better...

Coolest cancel he did was the helm breaker -> aerial rave -> helm breaker -> loop. That's a particularly hard one to pull for me. But I love my helm breaker -> drop -> helm breaker -> drop -> rake -> whatever... it looks so cool when you do it.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
I don't like to brag but I'm at this guy's level when it comes to jump canceling... he could have used a little more of ground combos though. And funny thing is... you still can get better...

Coolest cancel he did was the helm breaker -> aerial rave -> helm breaker -> loop. That's a particularly hard one to pull for me. But I love my helm breaker -> drop -> helm breaker -> drop -> rake -> whatever... it looks so cool when you do it.
By 'right' I meant he doesn't spam the **** out of jump cancelling and end up looking stupid in the process like several other people on YT.

AngelMode

I can do that one :D

Just gotta slide your thumb.

I've gotten the timing for everything except helm breaker... I can never do more than 3-4 hits before I hit the ground, it's annoying. >_<

By 'right' I meant he doesn't spam the **** out of jump cancelling and end up looking stupid in the process like several other people on YT.

I know, you gotta land the attack, otherwise it's just spamming JC without dealing damage.

Azurel

Another one to add to the pot.

Nice. I could never get JC right unless I changed the control scheme. Looks like I'll have to develop a callus on my thumb just to be able to slide effectively. I say this because my thumb always hurts and becomes red afterwards.

Off Topic:

I forgot to mention that Majora's Mask is one of my favorite Zelda games. It's the first time I ever got to see Evil (Fierce Deity) Link. It's also interesting as to how he had the Garudo symbol on his forehead -- I think that was supposed to signify the fact that he took Ganondorf's place in the alternate universe. Kind of reminds me of DmC (which is also an AU).

That also represents FD Link's desire to take over once again once he had defeated the skullkid. The giants were probably the ones that overthrew FD Link in the first place and trapped him within the Mask, even though it was never mentioned.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I forgot to mention that Majora's Mask is one of my favorite Zelda games. It's the first time I ever got to see Evil (Fierce Deity) Link. It's also interesting as to how he had the Garudo symbol on his forehead -- I think that was supposed to signify the fact that he took Ganondorf's place in the alternate universe. Kind of reminds me of DmC (which is also an AU).

That also represents FD Link's desire to take over once again once he had defeated the skullkid. The giants were probably the ones that overthrew FD Link in the first place and trapped him within the Mask, even though it was never mentioned.

Uhm...not really any of that is right :x

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
The Fierce Deity wasn't an "evil version of Link" which pretty much debunks all of what you said >.>

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
What was he, then?

They never really say. You just sorta...get the mask and that's about it. It's just like...a nod to Adult Link and giving you a super-awesome reward for getting all the other masks.

There's theories that maybe it's Link's Termina counterpart, but, theories are just that.

The Wiki entry of the Majora's Mask manga (totally non-canon) says...

Legend of Zelda Wiki said:
It is explained that Majora's Mask is carved from the armor of a powerful dragon, Majora. Majora guarded an empty land that was neither moving nor dead. This dragon's armor was sought after, as it was believed that the armor could grant wishes and give power. Many came hoping to claim the armor for their own reason, be them good or evil, but Majora killed them all. One day, a mysterious man visited Majora. This man played music for the dragon, who danced for three days and three nights before dying, supposedly allowing time to move forward. The man then carved a mask from the creature's hide, hoping to seal its power.

Interestingly, the traveler bears a strong resemblance to Fierce Deity, who has darker-than-average skin, and silver hair, and it is hinted in the story that the stranger is in fact a god, although why this being chose to approach and ultimately slay the beast is never explained, other than when he says, "I was drawn to this land by a strange force". Some further evidence pointing to this being the true identity of Fierce Deity, a point is made that the stranger is the first being that is able to overcome the beast of Majora, and that it does so with music that controls the flow of time.
In the Manga, he was referred to as the "Ogre Deity", a too-literal translation of the Japanese name of the mask. Oni usually means ogre or demon, but the use of the 鬼 (oni) character in the compound 鬼神 (kishin, fierce deity) is intended to ascribe the wrathful aspect ofonito the deity (神) thus described.

Of course, the manga isn't canon, and sometimes strays far from the source material, and what was written about the Fierce Deity was probably done as nod to Link.

Also - where do you see the Gerudo symbol on him...?

Azurel

They never really say. You just sorta...get the mask and that's about it. It's just like...a nod to Adult Link and giving you a super-awesome reward for getting all the other masks.

There's theories that maybe it's Link's Termina counterpart, but, theories are just that.

The Wiki entry of the Majora's Mask manga (totally non-canon) says...

Of course, the manga isn't canon, and sometimes strays far from the source material, and what was written about the Fierce Deity was probably done as nod to Link.

Also - where do you see the Gerudo symbol on him...?

I was mistaken. I saw the crescent moon on him, and remembered it as the Gerudo symbol. It's been years since I've played the game.

Since there was no Opposite Link in that world, and since there was no Opposite Ganon either, I just thought of Link being a Garudo when I was playing this. That, and I got the idea from "Hyrule: The Legend of Zelda" site. (HTLOZ -- a now defunct site)

I just thought this was Evil Link when I first played through the game. Then the site offered the theory that it could be a fusion of Link and Ganon, which fits the all-around disturbing theme running through Majora's Mask.

medium_fierce_deity_link.jpg

And I still say he was partial inspiration for Dante. (Blade + Alucard + Fierce Deity Link)

Off Topic:

Alucard even had an evil doppelganger (evil twin) so, I'm not letting that slip by either.

In DMC3, they added the demonic tower, lava pits, and train track over the lava pits from Shadowman. You could even say that they even added Shadowman's shirtless look, but that's debatable.

You don't see the lava, but it's there underneath the track...

The Tower

I'll even go as far as to day that they took the idea of Beowulf from the lumbering Trueform giants you had to fight in SM.

But wait, there's more!

Vergil, is actually suspiciously similar to another Vergil... who was also the inspiration for Cole MacGrath, incidentally...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Static_(DC_Comics)

I guess it's just a knee jerk reaction to seeing another character with spiky hair, a blue trench coat, and the same name... and then people saying that it's completely original...

Sorry about the off-topic, it's just that this has been on my mind for a while, and I was watching SM vids... w/e

8BitHero

Scrub
Haha I just realised what my avatar caused. D:
@Azurel
FD Link is similar to Evil Ryu. It's Link giving into the power of Masks. Not necessarily evil. Also yeah, Majoras Mask, fantastic game.
Here's my control layout which makes JCing easier.
tcToG.png

Top Bottom