• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC combo vid

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Because if there's a lot of different cuts, it sounds weird with the jumpy music segments?

LeoXCV

Single life for life
Why does everyone add music to their video game videos?! WHY?! WHY????!!!!!

On top of music cutting sounding strange, a further excuse for me is I may have forgot to change my capture settings to record the sound from the capture card, instead it just has my mic sound on the source stuff. I was guna keep the SFX in the vid but when I found out I dun goofed I just got rid of all the captured audio instead of re-recording :)

Oh yeah, also I only added music to the combo vid, my other gameplay stuff has the full audio :D

Gbraga

I see Chaser's vid has already been posted, I was just coming to post it myself.
Chaserthewolf's easily one of if not the best Nero players around. Nice to see him post a video.
When I saw his post on the IW board I got very excited.

Meh... Needs work. We've seen better. ^_^
I don't know about that. We've seen more complex, sure, but the flow of the combat was really good in this video, it's not that janky "the combat system is not ready for your skills" gameplay, it was very smooth and fast. And even about complexity, if you think that was "meh", I don't think that game is well suited for you, because, well, the game is "meh" when it comes to the complex battle system. Not hating on it, it's a fun demo, I've played it for some good hours and I still plan on getting it, but it's no 3 or 4 when it comes to combat, that's for sure.

Slaythe

The game is FAR MORE accessible than the previous ones.

That said, not all has been discovered, and I'm glad that both "normal" players and pro players get a cool experience ! At least it gives you the opportunity to make it complex.

I'm just hoping the difficulty is there in some mode / missions, so that you can't complete the game without putting some thoughts on your play style !

Great videos guys. Kind of sick of the brea fanboys spitting on the game because of her crap video though.

TyIquan_DmC

That last vid is amazing. Just because JCing isn't completely necessary anymore doesn't make it any less a display of skill and creativity. I honestly hate the mindset behind that thought process.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Dude, I love using the Rainstorms. It was my favorite move in 3 and 4, and now I've got Inverse Rainstorm <3 I try to fit it in wherever I can.

I'm a gunslinger at heart, if my avatar, signature, and love for John Woo movies wasn't evidence of that :p

ChaserTech

I don't know about that. We've seen more complex, sure, but the flow of the combat was really good in this video, it's not that janky "the combat system is not ready for your skills" gameplay, it was very smooth and fast . . .

In my opinion, I think it was the fact that I'm still trying to play like it's DMC4 rather than playing it "normally" However, I think my gameplay style is just heavily oriented around fast and aggressive gameplay rather than trying to be stylish with basic moves and setups that look cool.

Honestly I personally don't like how slow paced DmC is at the moment. But I do play DmC only to see if I can exploit more stuff from the game. Kinda like what I did recently with a recent video I uploaded

(can't post links since I'm new.)

Oh, and hey everyone. I thought I'd join this forum and see what it's all about.

AngelMode

In my opinion, I think it was the fact that I'm still trying to play like it's DMC4 rather than playing it "normally" However, I think my gameplay style is just heavily oriented around fast and aggressive gameplay rather than trying to be stylish with basic moves and setups that look cool.

Honestly I personally don't like how slow paced DmC is at the moment. But I do play DmC only to see if I can exploit more stuff from the game. Kinda like what I did recently with a recent video I uploaded

(can't post links since I'm new.)

Oh, and hey everyone. I thought I'd join this forum and see what it's all about.

Whoa, neat. Welcome! ^^

I agree about it being slow. But it could become a bit more sped up once we get more weapons and general understanding of the gameplay. I just hope.

At any rate. I made a second combo video. This time I tried some move cancelling that I have seen around in the more hardcore videos and somehow gave them a bit of a personal twist. This is harder than it looks, for me at least.... Could also have something to do with my controller dying out and not reading some of the inputs correctly at times, I need to get a new one in the near future.

And now off to sleep.

ChaserTech

I agree about it being slow. But it could become a bit more sped up once we get more weapons and general understanding of the gameplay. I just hope.

At any rate. I made a second combo video. This time I tried some move cancelling that I have seen around in the more hardcore videos and somehow gave them a bit of a personal twist. This is harder than it looks, for me at least.... Could also have something to do with my controller dying out and not reading some of the inputs correctly at times, I need to get a new one in the near future.

And now off to sleep.

:D Well done!

I liked the fast pace ground gameplay with all of the E&I cancelling tricks you did, as well as using Stinger and whatnot. Very awesome.

However for the most part, calling these "combo videos" maybe a bit too much. Not that they are bad or anything, the gameplay is pretty good. But some of the stuff you posted were just highlights, rather than combos. Not to mention some of the enemies didn't die when you were attacking them. (I don't blame you since there's not enemy health gauge yet. :( )

Sorry if I'm nitpicking here, but I come across this all the time whenever I'm browsing through DMC4 gameplay. I hope you understand.

AngelMode

:D Well done!

I liked the fast pace ground gameplay with all of the E&I cancelling tricks you did, as well as using Stinger and whatnot. Very awesome.

However for the most part, calling these "combo videos" maybe a bit too much. Not that they are bad or anything, the gameplay is pretty good. But some of the stuff you posted were just highlights, rather than combos. Not to mention some of the enemies didn't die when you were attacking them. (I don't blame you since there's not enemy health gauge yet. :( )

Sorry if I'm nitpicking here, but I come across this all the time whenever I'm browsing through DMC4 gameplay. I hope you understand.

LOL It's alright. I was thinking the same thing. I was about to name the video straight out DmC Gameplay... but that seemed too boring for me so I just named it a combo video, even though it's more about tricks that actual full blown combos. And thanks ^^

Top Bottom