• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC combo vid

8BitHero

Scrub
Everyone has a Tekken grip... You just have to unlock it within :D

Noticed Y isn't doing anything on yours. I would've probably put DT or gun special there.
Yeah that's a slightly old picture. The layout is the same but I did put Y/Triangle to DT. I find this to be a solid layout. Angel/Demon can be on RT and RB/R1 and R2 . It keeps that side of the controller designated for Dantes modes. I also put RT/R2 for gun much like in DMC4 custom layout and put X/Square to attack like the other DMCs. RB/R1 to Evade (since I was playing Darksiders and it felt like a transfer from that game). But overall it minimises shuffling around the controller (I feel).

LeoXCV

Single life for life
Yeah that's a slightly old picture. The layout is the same but I did put Y/Triangle to DT. I find this to be a solid layout. Angel/Demon can be on RT and RB/R1 and R2 . It keeps that side of the controller designated for Dantes modes. I also put RT/R2 for gun much like in DMC4 custom layout and put X/Square to attack like the other DMCs. RB/R1 to Evade (since I was playing Darksiders and it felt like a transfer from that game). But overall it minimises shuffling around the controller (I feel).
Makes sense. Personally I've never really felt changing from default controls on any game benefits me (DmC being the exception, 2 Evade buttons seems pointless imo) so I wouldn't really know how effective that set-up is fully.

8BitHero

Scrub
Makes sense. Personally I've never really felt changing from default controls on any game benefits me (DmC being the exception, 2 Evade buttons seems pointless imo) so I wouldn't really know how effective that set-up is fully.
It's worth trying for a neat and effect control scheme that's easy to handle (like a sexy lady ;D). I didn't see the point in two evades either. But once you get rid of an evade in the control scheme it leaves you with a free button. Which means Targeting could be added to the game. I have a free button that; if targeting was added, wouldn't be hard to use. I only ever change controls on DMCs and fighting games (obviously).

Gbraga

There aren't any DmC combo vids that compare to the original series yet.
Easy boy, you're comparing an 11 years old series with a demo? lol

Even DMC4 already has almost 5 years, chill out. I do think we'll get less content for this game than DMC 4, but it'll still be a lot of content.

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
A guy decided to do a combo vid like with the other DMC games. (Which means speeding up the camera just like every other DMC combo vid.)

just going to throw it out there, but typically people only speed up combo vids if they aren't running on turbo. People who speed up their videos more than 25%, or speed up a video that's already running turbo, are generally considered scum.

rule of thumb is if a video has sound (and the sound isn't distorted), the footage wasn't sped up because the sound would get screwed up. Of course some people mute the sound even when they aren't speeding things up, so this isn't absolute. Best way to tell is to just be familiar with how fast the games play so you can spot people using too much speed editing

@AngelMode great video dude, was looking solid and tight :)

With all these gameplay videos being uploaded, one of you guys should start a style tourney with the demo ;)
I think there would be enough players around if you advertised on other forums as well (GameFAQs, NT forums, Devils Lair etc)
yes! I highly encourage this. I've got a link posted for a community tournament that'll cover multiple games, but the entry deadline isn't until march, and that's a long ass time away. If you guys want a tournament now, I'd totally get behind that

edit - link to aforementioned community tournament, if anyone's interested
http://devilmaycry.org/community/threads/vstyle-tournament-is-up-accepting-dmc-entries.13490/

8BitHero

Scrub
Well I haven't been on the demo for a while. But, I've got a new combo for you sheepops. Instead of doing a combo on one enemy I practiced this one combo which would flow between three enemies. Not only that but using a variety of tricks and strict timing(mainly with charge shot)
#
I'll rename the video whenever...

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Well I haven't been on the demo for a while. But, I've got a new combo for you sheepops. Instead of doing a combo on one enemy I practiced this one combo which would flow between three enemies. Not only that but using a variety of tricks and strict timing(mainly with charge shot)
#
I'll rename the video whenever...

This got me hard. Nice work. Especially on the Hanger Cancels. I chuckle at the constant "HYUH! HYUH! HYUH!" when I do it :p

Top Bottom