• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Allegory

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I have not seen all the plot elements succinctly explained. You state that everyone here is aware of everything that I wrote, but I personally think that one has to be fairly well-educated in terms of politics, history, and sociology to get the nuances. A lot of people are smart enough to get the gist about how we are lied to by powerful forces that want to hold on to their power and wealth, but our media and educational system do not do very much to inform us about how this actually works in practice. In fact, much is done to stupefy and distract us. If you have a link to a post that lays all this out, I would like to see it.

As far as I know, it's not the media's or education's job to inform us about 'how we are lied to by powerful forces', whatever that means. If it's so vague, they can't inform us about it anyway. It's not interesting either, because we all know that we're lied to sometimes. If I vote for a political party, I hope most of their standpoints will carry over into government. Of course, I'm not so naive to think that anymore. Political parties (in my country) often form an alliance because they can't have the majority of votes on their own. This results in compromises and even total opposite choices to what I would hope.
This is exactly what I mean; what you and many anti-establishment nuts (not saying you're one of them) say is incredibly vague and is something anyone can come up with. You don't need anything more than high school civics to think of something like what you said. Actually, you don't need any education.

It wasn't my intention to get into a long political argument about that non-entity Obama here. Really, Obama's puppet/non-puppet status is not germane to my original argument.

No, I'm sure it wasn't. For the time being, I'll take that as confirmation that you don't know why Obama should be a 'puppet'. It is logical, however, that he serves the interests of the American people, and so will listen to them and help out the people most vital to the economy.

In DmC, the President is clearly a puppet. So if you want to argue with Ninja Theory, that is totally fine, but their assessment is clear and it is different than your high school civics class version of how politics works

You do realize this is a video game? As in, it's not meant to reflect today's societies. If you want to think it does, that's fine, but this is simply a cultural expression, not a critique on every aspect of modern society, though I could understand you would think that after seeing the Bill O'Reilly spoof. Right-wing parties are usually synonymous with corporate interests and religion, but that's been made extreme in DmC, where they are actually behind the scenes of many things.
It's not a critique on all of modern society because they are voicing the ideas of many generations of people; the theme of 'unknown, pure poor guy/hobo becomes the hero by overthrowing corrupt establishment'. The theme of 'all right-wing parties are corrupt', the theme of 'all companies/businessmen are corrupt and evil'.
Anyway, I'm not going to waste my time any longer on a closed case. I just wanted to make it clear what my ideas are, and that I think this is a bit like a conspiracy theory. If you think society is rotten, do something about it, but don't just go ''I feel so oppressed. I'm going to voice this on a forum pertaining to DMC and DmC''.

I personally feel that DmC's story is good, but nothing that hasn't been done before in one way or another. Many of the things in the game can be seen coming from a mile away, but this is just my opinion. I'm done here, so if you don't feel like replying, don't.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
It may not have been interesting to you, but it was to at least some of us.

I'm not deprecating your opinion, I was sharing mine. I don't care that you find it interesting, just like you don't care that I did not. What I do care about is factual matters, instead of opinions.

I commented on how the plot really isn't completely original, as some people believe. I was actually talking to Happy Friend about the supposed 'parallels to modern society', if you will. I do not believe we're being dominated by a secret organization that made it into government (and therefore probably aren't secret). I do not believe Obama is a 'puppet', whatever that vague statement means. He's a president. Responsibilties come with that job, not personal interests and weird plots to keep the average joe 'sedated' and whatnot.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
The Federal Reserve runs everything. You can google that last sentence and see for yourself. It's pretty much an open secret by now.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
The Federal Reserve runs everything. You can google that last sentence and see for yourself. It's pretty much an open secret by now.

''The authority of the Federal Reserve System is derived from statutes enacted by the U.S. Congress and the System is subject to congressional oversight. The members of the Board of Governors, including its chairman and vice-chairman, are chosen by the President and confirmed by the Senate. The government also exercises some control over the Federal Reserve by appointing and setting the salaries of the system's highest-level employees.'' -Wikipedia

I find it incredible that the Federal Reserve runs everything when it's clear just from these lines that the government and Congress (also therefore including people who came from living environments like ours) control the Federal Reserve. Society is controlled by people, by citizens. If government were incredibly corrupt, that would be known, and many people would try to overthrow it - even more so than in communist countries or oppressive countries.

And no, I am not going to Google a biased sentence, just like I would never Google something like 'man-made global warming is bullshit'. By doing that, you're just finding the info you want to find. You should try to find as much impartial informaion as you can, instead of blindly trusting certain websites, forums and such. And what is an ''open secret''? That makes no sense. An open secret is not a secret anymore. Besides, I can't presume to know everything about things I am not in. I'm not in government, and I can only rely on others' information, instead of my own experience. That alone makes this something we can't know much about.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Fascinating.

What exactly is the purpose of this one sentence? This only serves to annoy people. If you're on the forums simply to annoy people, you should leave (in response to Unknown, who apparently deleted his message). I have seen you do this before. Any time people gave their opinion based on reasonable ideas, you responded with one line, and maybe a cynical meme. I'm afraid I have to put you on my ignore list again, for the sake of the forums, because I will not be coaxed into responding abusively.

If you did not mean to sound sarcastic, I apologize.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
You know what, lionheart? You talk too much.

Says the person who feels the need to respond to everything he doesn't like with one sentence. Man, these forums must be filled with your butthurt.

Alright... welcome... come...come... to the ignore list! Have a nice day.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
sc_aufkleber_seeyouinhell_shop.jpg

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Says the person who feels the need to respond to everything he doesn't like with one sentence. Man, these forums must be filled with your butthurt.

Alright... welcome... come...come... to the ignore list! Have a nice day.

Trust me, You're gonna find a lot of people like that on this site. Most of which are actually friendly people.
I remember that one time I told Dragonmaster2010 that I liked DMC3 Dante more than DmC Dante

Here is a line from the talk I had with the police
"Show us exactly on the doll where he shoved the poptart into."

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Trust me, You're gonna find a lot of people like that on this site. Most of which are actually friendly people.
I remember that one time I told Dragonmaster2010 that I liked DMC3 Dante more than DmC Dante

Here is a line from the talk I had with the police
"Show us exactly on the doll where he shoved the poptart into."

Lol. Yeah, a lot of people can act like real douchebags, even though they're nice people in general. I don't have anything against Unknown, but I do when he starts ignoring me completely without any reason other than that he doesn't like or want to hear what I have to say (even though he participated in the debate freely - he did respond to my comment). Well, douchebags behavior, but foolish behavior, too. Many people here feel that their opinions are the only correct ones, but when you ask them why that is, they don't provide any factual arguments. Like when you ask why DmC: Devil May Cry is supposed to be better than DMC3 overall. Naturally, the response is either purely emotional or fifty percent emotional. I like to keep it to the facts, and show my opinion when it's warranted, not to base an argument on, because that's when you get to ''no it's not, yes it is'' conversations.

That's not to say I haven't been pulled into that stuff myself.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
And yet here you are, responding with needless name-calling.

I don't respond well to passive-aggressive nonsense. I'm not saying you're a douchebag in general, I'm saying you and some other people can act like douchebags at times. Other members, like SpawnShooter, don't usually act that way.

I'm sorry if I offended you, but if you didn't want to acknowledge my comment, then you didn't need to respond by saying 'fascinating' or ''you know what, Lionheart, you talk too much''. People generally don't like it when you say things like that.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I don't think I can accept your apology. Because I honestly don't think you really mean it.

That's right. What I meant was: 'I'm sorry you feel the need to be offended, while ignoring other people's feelings'. At this point, you don't deserve an apology, because you keep offending me. I don't treat people well if they don't treat me well. That's the general rule in society, too. If I offend a cop constantly, or one of my teachers, I don't expect them to respect me, either.
Respect is not given, it's earned.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
And that's why I didn't accept it. Because I knew you'd type up a post like that, eventually.

Top Bottom