• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Allegory

EllDawn

I wonder how those collaborators function anyway. Are they like sleeper agents? They live normal lives (well as normal as can be considering demonic control) and then something triggers the black tears and creepy voices? Like the scene with Dante at the club. They see him and then their collaborator mode is activated, and the black tears show. But, without Dante being around, they look like regular humans.

Also seems like they have some kind of link to Limbo through that mailce stuff...those black tears, they have to be that malice energy. So, while they don't have the strength to directly pull Dante into Limbo, it's they alert Limbo to Dante's presence.

But, that is making me wonder, if the malice energy is everywhere in the city, like a living thing, surely it would not need cameras and collaborators to pull Dante into Limbo?:/
I don't know. I never really thought about it until I read your post. Maybe the black you see on their faces is malice and it's kind of like a parasite where it's in them so when they hear or see certain things then the malice reacts. It could be similar to hypnotism where the person isn't conscious of the idea that's been put in their heads when hypnotized, but have a trigger for a certain action or thought.

Malice, to me, seems more like blind energy that needs something to direct it. When Dante's in Limbo it knows him to be an enemy and reaches toward him because it can feel he's there. It probably wouldn't do that if every demon wasn't out to kill him. Or it's just acting on instinct and that's why there are slivers of it that reach out to Dante when he's in Limbo, kind of like Sliver. Otherwise it needs a host in order to know where he is on the other side of the barrier, or the cameras. Anything that has some way of recognition.

As for the camera you see when first entering The Order HQ, I wondered about that too. It does seem like it would be for security, but then it could also be for Vergil to keep an eye on everything to make sure no one's acting strange, or a demon. He was using it to watch Dante when he first walked in. It does seem like there's something more to it, though. Not just security, but a way for him to have some form of control over his territory.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I don't know. I never really thought about it until I read your post. Maybe the black you see on their faces is malice and it's kind of like a parasite where it's in them so when they hear or see certain things then the malice reacts. It could be similar to hypnotism where the person isn't conscious of the idea that's been put in their heads when hypnotized, but have a trigger for a certain action or thought.
Vergil says Lilith turns people into collaborators at her club, so now I'm wondering how she does it.:/ Does she trick them into drinking malice? Like you say, it does seem like malice is a parasite, so maybe it lives in a human body until it is triggered and takes over the human for a while.
It seems like Lilith has malice in her too. She was puking a load of it up just as that demon baby came out of her. I know demons use it to manipulate limbo, but I didn't think it was actually inside them. I thought they had some sort of mind link to it.

EllDawn

Vergil says Lilith turns people into collaborators at her club, so now I'm wondering how she does it.:/ Does she trick them into drinking malice? Like you say, it does seem like malice is a parasite, so maybe it lives in a human body until it is triggered and takes over the human for a while.
It seems like Lilith has malice in her too. She was puking a load of it up just as that demon baby came out of her. I know demons use it to manipulate limbo, but I didn't think it was actually inside them. I thought they had some sort of mind link to it.
Didn't Vergil say something about Lilith serving drugs at her club? It could get into them that way. Maybe through a pill or injection. It could be in the drinks. There are a lot of ways it could get in them, I'm sure. I'd expect it to be through pills, though.

That's something I didn't even remember, Lilith puking malice. It almost sounds like it might keep them alive while they keep it alive. Or maybe it's their version of blood, only it takes on a life of its own. But that wouldn't explain demons actually climbing out of it before attacking Dante. Before I thought they might be a more solid manifestation of malice.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Didn't Vergil say something about Lilith serving drugs at her club? It could get into them that way. Maybe through a pill or injection. It could be in the drinks. There are a lot of ways it could get in them, I'm sure. I'd expect it to be through pills, though.

That's something I didn't even remember, Lilith puking malice. It almost sounds like it might keep them alive while they keep it alive. Or maybe it's their version of blood, only it takes on a life of its own. But that wouldn't explain demons actually climbing out of it before attacking Dante. Before I thought they might be a more solid manifestation of malice.
You're right, maybe drugs. Or does virility drink have malice mixed in at the factory? Sort of like a malice topup.

I've got a sceenshot of it. It's not pretty looking.:p There's this black stuff while the baby is escaping. Maybe it helps to keep them in their human vessels...or I'm assuming that's Lilith's vessel and not her true form:/ It would also explain how she manipulated the club to the level that she did.

Those lesser demons that climb out, they could be a manifestation like you say. Malice was described as being like an antibody against Dante. So those demons could be like white blood cells on the attack against intruders.

EllDawn

You're right, maybe drugs. Or does virility drink have malice mixed in at the factory? Sort of like a malice topup.

I've got a sceenshot of it. It's not pretty looking.:p There's this black stuff while the baby is escaping. Maybe it helps to keep them in their human vessels...or I'm assuming that's Lilith's vessel and not her true form:/ It would also explain how she manipulated the club to the level that she did.

Those lesser demons that climb out, they could be a manifestation like you say. Malice was described as being like an antibody against Dante. So those demons could be like white blood cells on the attack against intruders.
I think Virility probably has some, but not enough. Otherwise everyone would be collaborators and not just certain ones. He'd never get out of limbo.

I'm not sure I'd want to see that screenshot. lol. It sounds pretty sick just to see that happen. It could be that it helps keep them in their vessels. It would make me wonder how they got into their vessels. I did think they were vessels and not actually Lilith or Mundus. Considering my thought that Lilith's vessel might have been either an old woman or a very overweight woman, it could be that they took over corpses instead of living people. A John/Jane Doe, or something so no one would recognize them.

I didn't even remember that, malice being described as an antibody against Dante. It does make them sound like they're a defense like white blood cells. Well, I think that makes more sense now. To me, anyway.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I'm not sure I'd want to see that screenshot. lol. It sounds pretty sick just to see that happen. It could be that it helps keep them in their vessels. It would make me wonder how they got into their vessels. I did think they were vessels and not actually Lilith or Mundus. Considering my thought that Lilith's vessel might have been either an old woman or a very overweight woman, it could be that they took over corpses instead of living people. A John/Jane Doe, or something so no one would recognize them.
I wonder how they got the vessels too. That article in the DmC game seemed to imply that Kyle Ryder existed for a while. So, like you said, maybe Mundus found his dead body, or killed him, or did a deal, and then took over Ryder's body that way.
One thing for sure about Mundus being in his vessel, it's connected to the hell gate. He draws his power from there, and when the hell gate is shut off, Mundus is stuck inside Kyle Ryder's body.

Now I'm imagining fat Lilith:lol: I can't decide what is scarier: regular or fat Lilith...So, she could have stolen a fat lady, had all the fat sucked out, been left with saggy skin, and then put that corset piercing in to keep the skin in place, got some fake boobs, lips and cheeks...and then shaved her hair off.:blink: I have no idea why she has no hair.

EllDawn

I wonder how they got the vessels too. That article in the DmC game seemed to imply that Kyle Ryder existed for a while. So, like you said, maybe Mundus found his dead body, or killed him, or did a deal, and then took over Ryder's body that way.
One thing for sure about Mundus being in his vessel, it's connected to the hell gate. He draws his power from there, and when the hell gate is shut off, Mundus is stuck inside Kyle Ryder's body.

Now I'm imagining fat Lilith:lol: I can't decide what is scarier: regular or fat Lilith...So, she could have stolen a fat lady, had all the fat sucked out, been left with saggy skin, and then put that corset piercing in to keep the skin in place, got some fake boobs, lips and cheeks...and then shaved her hair off.:blink: I have no idea why she has no hair.
I think regular Lilith is creepy enough. Though fat Lilith would be even worse if she tried to wear the same style of clothes.

Maybe they're also a form of radiation and so the body lost its hair because of it? I could easily connect that with devices used for ghost hunting, but I'll try to stay out of that.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I think regular Lilith is creepy enough. Though fat Lilith would be even worse if she tried to wear the same style of clothes.

Maybe they're also a form of radiation and so the body lost its hair because of it? I could easily connect that with devices used for ghost hunting, but I'll try to stay out of that.
I don't think she'd even fit into her dress if she was really big....at least we wouldn't be able to see that creepy baby moving around though>_<

So you mean malice has a degenerating effect? That could work. Maybe, seeing as the vessels are human, supernatural energy like malice does have a negative effect. If it can make humans collaborators, then it could also do other harmful things.

EllDawn

I don't think she'd even fit into her dress if she was really big....at least we wouldn't be able to see that creepy baby moving around though>_<

So you mean malice has a degenerating effect? That could work. Maybe, seeing as the vessels are human, supernatural energy like malice does have a negative effect. If it can make humans collaborators, then it could also do other harmful things.
She could easily have one made to fit her. Then she'd look more like Poison.

Yeah, pretty much. If her vessel was all ready dead, though, that would mean it was decaying anyway. Malice could just be slowing down the decay so she can still use the body.

EllDawn

And the movie I mentioned was actually Splinter, not Sliver. Just thought I might give some correction since it's not letting me edit.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
She could easily have one made to fit her. Then she'd look more like Poison.

Yeah, pretty much. If her vessel was all ready dead, though, that would mean it was decaying anyway. Malice could just be slowing down the decay so she can still use the body.
And would she swear like Poison too? If she looks like Poison, she should act like her.:lol:

That makes Mundus and Lilith getting together even worse.>_< Two dead corpses having a relationship, and maybe decaying as well.
Maybe she injects malice like botox?:lol: Well, she is supposed to be like a lady who has too much plastic surgery, so maybe malice is like plastic surgery for demons.

EllDawn

And would she swear like Poison too? If she looks like Poison, she should act like her.:lol:

That makes Mundus and Lilith getting together even worse.>_< Two dead corpses having a relationship, and maybe decaying as well.
Maybe she injects malice like botox?:lol: Well, she is supposed to be like a lady who has too much plastic surgery, so maybe malice is like plastic surgery for demons.
She kind of does, anyway. lol. She just has more ambition than Poison.

It's better than Mundus or Lilith getting with someone living. That sounds a lot worse to me. But then I kind of think Lilith would have to drug a guy in order to get him into bed. Mundus would have to find a girl that was pretty desperate.

Injects it, eats it. Malice could be like botox and a weight management dietary supplement. Can you imagine the commercials for that?

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
She kind of does, anyway. lol. She just has more ambition than Poison.

It's better than Mundus or Lilith getting with someone living. That sounds a lot worse to me. But then I kind of think Lilith would have to drug a guy in order to get him into bed. Mundus would have to find a girl that was pretty desperate.

Injects it, eats it. Malice could be like botox and a weight management dietary supplement. Can you imagine the commercials for that?
Yes...ambition. Whoring yourself out to a demon guy who is a trillionaire banker and king of hell.:troll: It would have been more interesting if she'd done her own thing, or betrayed Mundus somehow instead of sucking up to him.
And who's to say Poison didn't have a thing with Mundus?:troll: Lilith did get annoyed when he mentioned her.

For Lilith to get a guy, she'd have to knock him out with a baseball bat. And if he had the horror of waking up to her, face all fallen off, the guy would have my pity and some coupons for a free therapy session. :p
Weirdly enough, I don't think Mundus would have the same problem getting a woman, even if he is an old guy. There are others like Lilith who'd thrown themselves at him just for his money...until they found out he was a demon.

For some reason, I can imagine adverts for malice being like those cheap late night shopping channel adverts.:lol:

EllDawn

Yes...ambition. Whoring yourself out to a demon guy who is a trillionaire banker and king of hell.:troll: It would have been more interesting if she'd done her own thing, or betrayed Mundus somehow instead of sucking up to him.
And who's to say Poison didn't have a thing with Mundus?:troll: Lilith did get annoyed when he mentioned her.

For Lilith to get a guy, she'd have to knock him out with a baseball bat. And if he had the horror of waking up to her, face all fallen off, the guy would have my pity and some coupons for a free therapy session. :p
Weirdly enough, I don't think Mundus would have the same problem getting a woman, even if he is an old guy. There are others like Lilith who'd thrown themselves at him just for his money...until they found out he was a demon.

For some reason, I can imagine adverts for malice being like those cheap late night shopping channel adverts.:lol:
She's not exactly someone to look up to. If she had done her own thing, I'd be willing to bet it would have been something easy since I don't think she was all that willing to wait for success.

Poison might have. Not exactly a good picture to get in your head.

lol. Make it a year's worth of sessions because it's going to take a lot of work to get a guy to come to terms with something like that.

I don't think he would, either. There's always going to be someone out there willing to sleep with a rich guy just so she won't have to work to feed herself. And the trick would be for Mundus to not let her find out what he is. Although he doesn't seem like he'd be that worried about it. He could just have her classified as insane.

Oh yeah. lol. Maybe we should do a short script for one and have someone record it as a joke.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.

I was thinking at her club they distributed some kind of demonic Ecstasy-like drug. Would make sense since it looks like some raves would go on there and stuff.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I don't think he would, either. There's always going to be someone out there willing to sleep with a rich guy just so she won't have to work to feed herself. And the trick would be for Mundus to not let her find out what he is. Although he doesn't seem like he'd be that worried about it. He could just have her classified as insane.

Oh yeah. lol. Maybe we should do a short script for one and have someone record it as a joke.
Or he could just kill her. Mundus seems like he could do that kind of thing. Phineas did say he didn't love anyone.

If they did make a Malice advert, they'd have to make a long list of warnings in the small print.:lol:

I was thinking at her club they distributed some kind of demonic Ecstasy-like drug. Would make sense since it looks like some raves would go on there and stuff.
Could be drugs, or alcohol or a combination of both. Or maybe she gets them drunk, and then gives them the drugs.

>>Yamato<<

Vergil's sword and #1 fan!
Or he could just kill her. Mundus seems like he could do that kind of thing. Phineas did say he didn't love anyone.

If they did make a Malice advert, they'd have to make a long list of warnings in the small print.:lol:

Could be drugs, or alcohol or a combination of both. Or maybe she gets them drunk, and then gives them the drugs.

Well this "malice" can be explained as one thing for sure. It causes the rip through the human world and demon world and takes whatever the target it. Perhaps demons do the same to humans and that's how they get the malice or parasite inside them. And this brings me to ask how Kat is able to withstand that switch? And if there are "rifts" wich cause strong points between the humans and demons dose that mean that there is more demon activity there or is it just some demon science I never studied? :/ I bet they're very easy answers but I never listened to Kat and her talk about how limbo works. :(

Ah don't work about the drug thing! Humans will be warned! "You're drugs posses us!" "Nu-uh! It's awsome!" "Uh no it's not. You're obviously possessed right now." "I don't know but I feel funny. Hey look! They're selling more malice! Yay!" "... Yeah you humans are all going to die." :p

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Kat said something about Limbo and the human world being superpositioned. So, they're almost on top of each other in terms of states of matter...or something like that. So, I guess when the two worlds are close enough, malice leaks through?

Something else I'm wondering. It seems like the demons see the human world with a 'Limbo filter'. During the club level into the colour sceme is blue and grey, but then as soon as Dante is spotted, it's like the view becomes Lilith's and she sees the club in shades of orange and yellow, which is what the club becomes once Dante is dragged into limbo.

EllDawn

That's what I'd expect him to do. No one would challenge him on it.

It would have to be extra small in order to fit everything.

Happy Friend

By the way, on the issue of our leaders being bankster puppets... I found a great video that really captures a lot of the problem here:

The whole episode is very good. The interview with Palast in the second half is awesome. Larry Summers, Clinton's deputy secretary of the US Treasury would ask "What would Goldman think?" It doesn't get any more blatant than that. "Goldman" refers to the criminal bankster operation Golman-Sachs, aka Mundus Inc.

Recall also that Larry Summers is the same bank lobbyist that Obama wanted to put in charge of the Federal Reserve until the protests were too overwhelming.

I personally find that people like Max Keiser and Greg Palast do a great job explaining these complicated things to people who want to understand what is going on.

Top Bottom