• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dmc 5 is here. Lets speculate :)

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I don’t think there will be angels either. Like you guys said, it just wouldn’t fit at this point.
I reckon it could work if Capcom really wanted it to. As for why they haven't shown up until now, you could write it so they were destroyed all at one point, or maybe they're not interested in helping humanity or it could be that they're eldritch abominations even worse than demons and could wipe out all life on Earth - human and demon - if summoned (a la Evangelion).

The sky's the limit in terms of narrative possibilities.

Goldsickle

I love how the Buster is returning.

In this era where developers rely too much on context-sensitive actions and quick time events, it's nice to see a contact and precision based grapple maneuver like Buster back.
I hope it maintains frame, distance and timing, rather than a large on-screen prompt like "Y+B BUSTER" to tell you what to do.

DDutchguy

DmC hype
you are goddamn rgiht but why dont want yamato from his son just cut his arm :D interesting

Yamato is probably inside of Nero's arm during the time of the trailer (as he often keeps it there in DMC4) which is why Vergil took the whole arm. He must have some way to get Yamato out of the Devil Bringer. In any case I really hope Nero vs Vergil is a thing in the game, that would be insanely hype

Goldsickle

One of the screenshots shows an enemy that looks like a Hell Pride.
So are we getting some enemies from DMC3?
DMC4 imported Blades (renamed Assault) and Frosts from DMC1.
Are we going to see more returning enemies?

Returning enemies: Specific Buster animations for them
But I'm guessing they might use "standard" slam-to-floor animation for Hell Prides.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
One of the screenshots shows an enemy that looks like a Hell Pride.
So are we getting some enemies from DMC3?

I hope so. One of the most satisfying feelings in DMC3 was finishing a combo with a move that hit hard enough to shatter the enemies like they were made of glass instead of sand, remember that? I'd love to feel that feeling again with the Devil Breaker's superior smashing power if they made that effect come back along with said returning enemies.

Goldsickle

I remember some people wanting Nero to have new swords and guns but I get this feeling that Nero sticks to body-slamming enemies, while it's Dante's role to pick up new Devil Arms in this game.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
It looks like he might have some kind of shielding/deflecting ability on his arm here. Or maybe it's some sort of concussion blast.

image_devil_may_cry_5-38419-4094_0011.jpg

Also, there was indeed a behind close doors DMC5 panel.

I'm so curious as to what was shown in there...

JessenReinhart

This is good, isn't it?
whoa it's been a long time since i last posted here! totally hyped for DMC5 and praying for the best for my wallet.

nero totally looks like what i've imagined he would be in DmC Reboot universe (or Earth-2 since it didn't really rebooted the timeline now), with the cyborg arm and all that.

Top Bottom