• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dmc 5 is here. Lets speculate :)

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
@ToCool74
You never know, this game is looking to be darker compared to previous entries. It might even be the much wanted chapter in between DMC4 and 2 that explains why Dante got so moody in the latter.

Oh I'm really hoping this is the game that connects to DMC2.

I either want two things for this, to be after DMC2 and reveal how Dante got out of Hell or for it to be the storyline explaination for Dante's DMC2 demeanor, I know the REAL world reason is that a different team helmed DMC2 but from a story perspective it would be nice for Capcom to tie up that loose end by explaining his demeanor with some tragic event happening during this game.

I get that DMC2 is not a fan favorite but as a fan of the over all storyline and actually wanting it to have some form of a coherent storyline with key elements explained, this is the reason why I want DMC2 to play some sort of role here whether its leading into it or taking place after it.

Last edited:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I’m really thinking it’s set after DMC 2.

Consider Dante’s age, and also consider that some time must have passed after 4 for Nero to be doing some kind of demon-busters thing. Also, why do I think it’s after 2? Well, Dante on a motorbike. This could be follow on from that motorbike sound we heard at the end of 2. And demons appear to be in the real world now? Much like they were in 4, terrorising the people of Fortuna. Since then I’m guessing that demon problem spread (though I thought that was resolved in 4) so forgetting that idea, maybe Dante unleashed Hell when he got out and he’ll need Nero’s help to fix everything.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Alternatively, they might ignore DMC2's characterisation of Dante and just keep him similar to 4 in tone.

That would be a complete waste IMO, I don't think they should just keep ignoring DMC2 from a standpoint of actually having a coherent storyline, by them keep sweeping it under the rug we are always going to be left with questions as to why Dante acts so different from his past self or whether or not Dante was trapped in hell for all eternity and whether it was him that was heard pulling into the shop.

I just can not understand how some fans would want them to keep ignoring these things other than them simply not holding DMC2 in high esteem which IMO is no reason to want Capcom to keep shooting themselves in the foot by continuing to ignore story inconsistencies.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Yet another of my random questions:
Is Lucia gonna appear?
She was the last person to see Dante before he was trapped in the demon's realm.

Holy cr...

I’d completely forgotten about Lucia.

Damn, would love to see her back again.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Yeah, like not bother showing up for thousands of years and then just suddenly going “Oh hey guys, we the angels”.

Yep pretty much lol.

I don't agree with Angels having a part in the series now, as said above it would be very weird to have them show up now given the fact that they have not had any impact whatsoever in the series and I''f I'm not mistaken they have never even been mentioned, it would also beg the question of where the heck they where for these 1000s of years and why did Sparda (a demon) have to put a end to Mundus if powerful angels where around? It just would not make much sense at this point.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I don’t think there will be angels either. Like you guys said, it just wouldn’t fit at this point.

I think Dante’s unkempt look is a result of being in Hell for so long (going with my idea that this is after 2) I could be wrong. Then again, I wasn’t wrong about DMC 5.

Yup, I’m still using those bragging rights. Thanks @berto

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Here's a clear look at the hooded man. Vergil confirmed for real I guess. Look at his face, sleeve and glove. There should be no doubts anymore now.

FYmvPLPl.jpg

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Here's a clear look at the hooded man. Vergil confirmed for real I guess. Look at his face, sleeve and glove. There should be no doubts anymore now.

FYmvPLPl.jpg

Yep thats definitely him, I mean there was little doubt as is given his relationship with Nero and the fact that he would obviously want the Yamato back (which happens to be a part of the arm), so it made perfect sense that it was him, but with this close up its all but confirmed at this point.

Top Bottom