• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC 2 Is Looking Possible at This Point...

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I want to be hopeful, but now that the sales are out, I'm not sure of they will make another.

The again, what was the point of going to all this trouble hiring NT and going for this redesign if they will stop after 1 game.

Right now, we don't know what Capcom will do. Maybe they will make DMC5 now, or maybe DmC2, or make both or cancel both. I just hope they will tell us something soon. I wouldn't mind either game being made, but both games being made would be best for me. ^_^

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Well this was well before DmC was out, so obviously Capcom will be rethinking their initial plans considering the current sales.

Also, Thread title is kinda misleading, I came here thinking it was a recent confirmation from Capcom, not something that was said by them several months before the game was released...

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
There's been debate that NT MIGHT not make a DmC2 due to poor sales of this one currently, but why say before the game even came out that they'll continue the series in the next couple of years?...

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
There's been debate that NT MIGHT not make a DmC2 due to poor sales of this one currently, but why say before the game even came out that they'll continue the series in the next couple of years?...

Isn't it obvious?

Their comments about their sales expectations shows that they had high hopes for this game.

They expected it to sell 5 mil If I'm not mistaken.

It didn't sell even close to that.

EDIT

actually it was 2 mil, but still didn't reach their goal.

Chimera Khaos

Isn't it obvious?

Their comments about their sales expectations shows that they had high hopes for this game.

EDIT

Yeah I know, they only sold about 1.2 mil in total so far, maybe more, but not much....

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Yeah I know, they only sold about 1.2 mil in total so far, maybe more, but not much....

where did you get those numbers?

I ask because there are varying numbers around the web.

On wiki it says 1.15 million.

But still, the general numbers still point to well below their target sales.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Isn't it obvious?

EDIT

I heard that Capcom originally said they wanted 5 million copies of DmC before it's reveal and then after the massive backlash on its reveal, they lowered their expectations to 2 million, then after the horrible sales, it went down to 1.2 and now after firing the western devs, it's down to 1.15.

I think that since Capcom has switched to internal development now, I think they're gonna try and mix DMC5 and DmC2 into one game, like maybe bring back the original Dante, with Reuben Langdon as Dante, his iconic look with white hair, red coat, original Sword, original Ebony and Ivory, the cocky attitude and everything else he's supposed to be and they'll throw him into the DmC storyline with a bit of story tweaking so they can get original Trish, Lady and such in there.

But I really hope they don't do that, trying to please everyone has already blown up in Capcom's face.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
That cant possibly be the only one.
Halo 4 sold 8 million according to VGCharts, I don't count sales of most games these days because pretty much all of them suck, so I don't know, Borderlands 2 is the only FPS I know of besides CoD and Halo 4 to have sold more than 5 million recently. Most other games include those FIFA games and other sports games

GT5 is almost at 10
What about RE6?
GT5 was gonna sell great as well since it's the best know car racing game.
RE6 has sold just over 4 million as far as I know.

Chimera Khaos

That was their lowered expectations, they've lowered RE6s sales to 4.9 million now I think since it's only sold a little over 4 million.
I know we can't really trust Wikipedia, but it says as of April 2013 it's sold 4.9 million copies....

Top Bottom