• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC 2 Is Looking Possible at This Point...

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Didn't CAPCOM just blame their general poor sales on 'excessive outsourcing' lately? (Not the "fans' fault", after all, then!?). Or did I read that wrong somewhere. If true, they think their outsourcing has become a bad thing, I wouldn't be hopeful for a DmC 2. It didn't raise the sales they desired, and it sounds like they're re-assessing their approach.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Was DmC 2 cancelled?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/capcom-aims-for-more-devil-may-cry-in-2015-6378261

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/pdf/explanation/2012/full/explanation_2012_full_02.pdf

Possibly. Capcom president said they want to create DmC game ever 2.5 years but it might take 5 years because of outsourcing it.
The 5 years was in reference to this current DmC. Then they say for 'subsequent titles in this series' meaning that any DmC games made after would be made with the 2.5 year target in mind.

IT SEEMS like DmC 2 was cancelled, but i would say the probabiity of that is not good.
So far we don't know for sure. The article was pretty vague, as to be expected. Whi knows if DmC was one of those cancelled.
But it does seem that Cpacom are having to think carefully about their next move judging from the content of the second article.

Didn't CAPCOM just blame their general poor sales on 'excessive outsourcing' lately? (Not the "fans' fault", after all, then!?). Or did I read that wrong somewhere. If true, they think their outsourcing has become a bad thing, I wouldn't be hopeful for a DmC 2. It didn't raise the sales they desired, and it sounds like they're re-assessing their approach.
Yes, they did cite outsourcing as the reason. But let's face it, they could never blame fans even if there was a reason. It would be the final nail in the coffin for Capcom.
It does seem that in the second article that they are reducing money on outsourcing and that they are wanting to do more gaming production back in Japan.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Well people or just DmC supporters it seems, took the "Capcom blames excessive outsourcing for declining quality" statement more personally/seriously than that of non-DmC supporters or anti-DmC. They even see it as Capcom not taking responsibility and blaming the (Western) devs......how cute.

I guess deciding to make your own games yourself from now on rather than rely on outside devs is not taking responsibility. Plus its not just DmC, Racoon City, Asura's Wrath, and Bionic Commando are the only non-Capcom developed game here. Practically all of their ports/HD collection were developed by outside devs (DMC HD Collection: Pipeworks..or somesh*t, DarkStalkers Ressurection: Iron Galaxy, RE4 & Okami Wii-U version: Eighting, and more). Plus lets not forget their other games such as MegaMan ZX series, MM9 & 10, MvC3, SF4, Dead Rising 2, and Tatsunoko vs Capcom were partialy developed by outside devs.

Plus a majority of....if not all of Capcom's worst/disappointing games this gen were outsourced games (Racoon City, Asura's Wrath, Bionic Commando, DMC HD collection is mostly good for the games it has in it not how its ported, Dark Void.....kind of, RE4 & Okami Wii-U port.....says some for being a bad port, MvC3....well not bad just disappointing if you really like MvC2....UMvC3 maybe be for you, DmC........sigh fine it may not be bad but it is disappointing if you really like DMC3/4 and compared to some Hack n Slash titles this gen such as Bayonetta and NG2/3 RE its mostly the runt of the litter...I mean combat its combat can compete...not much IMO but everything else with the exception of opinionated things such as sound and design/art is.......).

There are some good outsourced Capcom games such as Bionic Commando: Rearmed 1 & 2, Dead Rising 2 (well Keiji and some of his team did help out a lot), and........DmC...I guess.....depends on who you are...me thinks.....nah I'll tell you what I think of that game later.

Technically Inti Creates is somewhat similar to Clover Studios (a studio formed by ex-Capcom employess but unlike Platinum Games still made games for Capcom somewhat like an outside Capcom dev team). Plus Inti have been making MegaMan games for a long time now.

But usually Capcom's best games this gen are the ones they made...granted that isn't saying much since they're isn't much. They're not as good as their games from past gens but its still better than. But you'll still get bad Capcom games (RE6) and good/great ones (Revelations, Okamiden, MM SF series, Dragon's Dogma, EX Trooper, the MegaMan games before they stop making them were great, Monster Hunter series thus far, and the Lost Planet series before LP3).

Lets see how LP3 & Remember Me plays out. If those both suck....Capcom really should stop outsourcing their games or at least find decent/good devs.....like say......Platinum Games:por the same guys who made good games for them before such as Blue Castle (who they now own).

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
I just want my new Dante and good ol' classic Dante. I've had too much fun with those guys. I just hope Capcom does it right,
I like BOTH Dantes too even though I'm more for the good ol' classic Dante, yet new Dante has a similar spunk in comparison to him. I too had too much fun with them! :D

Let's hope Capcom does it right after learning they relied too much on outsourcing...

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
I like BOTH Dantes too even though I'm more for the good ol' classic Dante, yet new Dante has a similar spunk in comparison to him. I too had too much fun with them! :D

Let's hope Capcom does it right after learning they relied too much on outsourcing...
Yep, and that they don't force a gaming company to change Dante's image so drastically from the originals. Much as I like the whole dark hair changing to white, I can't help thinking it would've made more sense just to keep it white in the first place. That or they'd kept the original idea that his hair would gradually turn white as the game processed, giving it a little more meaning.

All I'm saying is appearance can change everything on a person's perspective of a character. Imagine if Lara in the new Tomb Raider started out with blonde short hair and wore a black shirt and red pants, instead of blue and brown ones. You'd think she was a different character.

I like this new Dante regardless of what anyone says, but I can definitely get on board that he should've resembled the originals a bit more in his appearance. That's why I'd like for a DmC2, I want to see them really attempt that and not just with an alternate DMC3 costume, but actually see a less fantasy buckle dressed Dante.

MigsRZXAStylish

Yep, and that they don't force a gaming company to change Dante's image so drastically from the originals. Much as I like the whole dark hair changing to white, I can't help thinking it would've made more sense just to keep it white in the first place. That or they'd kept the original idea that his hair would gradually turn white as the game processed, giving it a little more meaning.

All I'm saying is appearance can change everything on a person's perspective of a character. Imagine if Lara in the new Tomb Raider started out with blonde short hair and wore a black shirt and red pants, instead of blue and brown ones. You'd think she was a different character.

I like this new Dante regardless of what anyone says, but I can definitely get on board that he should've resembled the originals a bit more in his appearance. That's why I'd like for a DmC2, I want to see them really attempt that and not just with an alternate DMC3 costume, but actually see a less fantasy buckle dressed Dante.
I think I saw the concept art of NT doing Dante who is much close to the classic Dante. It has white hair and red coat. It was done prior to releasing the DmC TGS 2010 teaser. It was Capcom themselves who told NT to change his looks.

EDIT: Appearances are not everything!

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
EDIT: Appearances are not everything!
You're right, but that's what you often get your first impression of a thing from, and I can understand that they can scare people off at first. Then, intelligent people learn to read behind first-glance appearences, and judge a thing for its own merits. But this may take a little time.^_^

MigsRZXAStylish

You're right, but that's what you often get your first impression of a thing from, and I can understand that they can scare people off at first. Then, intelligent people learn to read behind first-glance appearences, and judge a thing for its own merits. But this may take a little time.^_^
As the old saying goes:
Never judge a book by just its cover

MigsRZXAStylish

Yep....sadly. NT just can't seem to get the sales with any of their games. Heavenly sword was left open for another game and Enslaved.
I'd like more of either of those games so long as they take what they learned from DmC and use it in the combat.
Considering NT is a small-time game development company...

IncarnatedDemon

Considering NT is a small-time game development company...
That is incorrect.

NT planned to expand to two unit studio but Enslaved sales affected them heavily.

I believe NT has now expanded to two unit because of the salary for developing DmC for Capcom.

So i think DmC 2 and Enslaved 2 could be announced soon
or Enslaved 2 and HS 2.

But PERHAPS it's HS 2. Since i saw Tameem on PS4 trailer.
And PS4 requires NT designers to undergo education for it.

But you guys should not worry. NT's prospect looks good.
They got paid for DmC + got free education on DMC gameplay.

And they got two games (Enslaved and HS) which both are hack and slash.

Honestly Heavenly sword has some great potential.

MigsRZXAStylish

That is incorrect.

NT planned to expand to two unit studio but Enslaved sales affected them heavily.

I believe NT has now expanded to two unit because of the salary for developing DmC for Capcom.

or Enslaved 2 and HS 2.

Incorrect? They're an independent company; they started small. And considering they only developed four games, the first being Kung Fu Chaos under their first name Just Add Monsters, and the fourth being DmC. Maybe they might move up a notch big time!

DmC may not have that much potential, but its sequel would, if they can read all our suggestions in the DmC threads here, as do the sequels for both Enslaved and HS!

IncarnatedDemon

Incorrect? They're an independent company; they started small. And considering they only developed four games, the first being Kung Fu Chaos under their first name Just Add Monsters, and the fourth being DmC. Maybe they might move up a notch big time!

DmC may not have that much potential, but its sequel would, if they can read all our suggestions in the DmC threads here, as do the sequels for both Enslaved and HS!
They have become quite bigger than when they first made Heavenly sword.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
That is incorrect.

or Enslaved 2 and HS 2.

I think it might be a Heavenly Sword 2. There was some news a few days ago about a Heavenly Sword CGI film direct-to-video being made, [by the people making Ratchet & Clank film too. It's all here.]. I've seen a game do this before years ago, where there were 3 OVA's CGI episodes before the sequel was released [all summing up to a 60 minute movie.] They serve as a nice recap on the story, that way you don't have to play the whole of the first game to know what's going on with the plot for the second. It's possible they could be doing this, putting ripples in the water.

Nariko being in Battle Star Royale could back this up too. So I think the annoucement they've been teasing on twitter could be a Heavenly Sword a sequel O.O

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Ah crap.

I'm all for (fully-clothed) female protagonists, but I really don't want another Heavenly Sword. I'd rather they just invent another IP... around another female protagonist with swords.

It can be done. :O

MigsRZXAStylish

Thing about the titular game is that the heavenly sword is not that "Heavenly" at all, thus why the sword sucked all of Nariko's life essence... Sad story, eh?

And yes, Unknown. We really need a lot of less scantily-clad females...

IncarnatedDemon

I think Nariko is well dressed. Take a look at this screenshot:
928391_20070910_screen001.jpg

See the dry ground? Heat.

It's very hot in the world of Heavenly sword it seems.

Or do you suggest she should wear alot of clothes in such hot places?

Top Bottom