• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Did you like Devil May Cry anime ?

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
I never played DMC3 but I will never like Vergil more anyway.

dante devil

Dante- Vergil- Nero
i agree the first one was good and so was a few other episodes but it did'nt really live up to what they could have achived. still it was pretty good...

Kalimah

fallen idol
i really liked the anime, as well as the manga...i mean sure it had some really cheesy lines in it...but isnt that what we all love about dante?
i'm sure with the success of the game and the series there will be a second season...here's hoping

Ainde

World Saviour
The episodes were cool, but i watched the entire season hoping that Dante would use his devil trigger but he didn´t. :\

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Was pretty much what I expected.

Good, no Evangelion of coarse(The best anime of all time) but I didn't expect It to be perfect.

It was good. I relly liked it.

Nsis

I like it, but could be better. Dante is different from the games, but not that much |:

Dante413

Devils Never Cry!
Nsis;94501 said:
I like it, but could be better. Dante is different from the games, but not that much |:
yeah he's much different but he has the same outfit as in DMC 3/DMC 3 SE

Koemi

half-breed
To me, it offers another view of who Dante is - a bit of history and also emphasizes on how he feels and acts as a half-breed. A bit like supplements, like the manga. The game series stresses on his styles, history, physical abilities and strength, whereas supplements like anime helps refining the emotional aspects of Dante... Sorry if I am not making myself clear: commenting on ambiguous stuff (i.e. feelings) are tough :(

It differs from the game in terms of what it's emphasizing so I didn't really compare it with the games. Reuben Langdon did a fantastic job in bringing out Dante's spirit as in the games, that's why I am so inclined to get the rest of the episodes in Eng. dub as well.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Koemi;113228 said:
To me, it offers another view of who Dante is - a bit of history and also emphasizes on how he feels and acts as a half-breed. A bit like supplements, like the manga. The game series stresses on his styles, history, physical abilities and strength, whereas supplements like anime helps refining the emotional aspects of Dante... Sorry if I am not making myself clear: commenting on ambiguous stuff (i.e. feelings) are tough :(

It differs from the game in terms of what it's emphasizing so I didn't really compare it with the games. Reuben Langdon did a fantastic job in bringing out Dante's spirit as in the games, that's why I am so inclined to get the rest of the episodes in Eng. dub as well.

I totally agree with you there. It gave past on Dante; and I actually felt upset for him sometimes stating he's always been alone and used to it since his mothers death and seperation from Vergil; and running quite frequently from demons as a child and changing names.
It does ruin the atmosphere of the game a bit; but the game cannot impliment all of the feelings; so the anime is good for that.
I actually think a good idea would be to use Nero in the anime, in his past missions for The Order; learning a little more prior to DMC4.
I also cannot standing watching the anime in Japanese, the voice actor is too deep in voice and all the girls sound too simular. Having Reuben Langdon made it so much better.
And, Ep 7 is one of the most awesome anime eps ever xD
Rep +

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Bringerofchaos;115417 said:
The opening made me cream my pants.

The end song of DMC anime I'll be your home by Rin Oikawa, makes me feel so sad for Dante. The anime seems to explore his emotions more.

Top Bottom