• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Did anyone like Lucia?

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
looked at first page......that was a blast from the past O_O

i played dmc 2 some more now and i thin lucia was alright but then again i did use an action replay :p

Vezild

Taking Back Lordran One Boss At a Time
Lucia was...well, uninteresting. To me, she was exactly the same as Trish except Lucia was actually a good person since the beginning, while Trish changed to the good side (awkwardly...I was like lolwut at the finale of DMC 1).

Gameplay-wise, Lucia was wayyyy more fun to play with than Dante. She was slightly weaker than Dante, which gave the game a little bit of challenge. But that was it for me.

Story-wise, she was also uninteresting. Only thing she did was explain a few things I didn't understand from playing as Dante.

I'm neutral with her.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
A sequel is more likely but no one really knows what to Do with Dante post DMC2 so its a tough sell.

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.
She's actually the first girl I came to like from the series. I think there is potential for character growth from her, if Capcom...oh my dear Capcom.

But I do love her accent and her cute little outfit.

Atredus

The Great Destroyer
I loved Lucia. She was good looking and for some reason I believe she could kick my ass worse than Trish would. They really need to bring her back as she was the one of the only good things in DMC2 (besides the wall running animations which I still think are awesome in that game). DMC2 was her game. And guys I swear that the Dante in that game was a mentally confused Vergil in that game. Look at his outfit in that game? Does that not look extremely similar to the new DmC Vergil outfit?? Plus I think Vergil and Lucia would make a better couple than her and Dante anyway

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
A sequel is more likely but no one really knows what to Do with Dante post DMC2 so its a tough sell.

Simple not focus on him focus on another character......say Nero.

Dante had his time to shine and the series is called "Devil May Cry" not "Dante The Baddass Demon Hunter".

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I think past dmcs could be remade for the vita or the wii like NInja gaiden sigma or black.

I say just the first 2 for economic and Capcom based reasons. Capcom does make anniversary games and they already did and I will recall another Capcom franchise....MegaMan...it had 2 series the Classic & X series...those both had an anniversary collection and later had a remake of their first game...well the Classic MegaMan remake was just there for fun while the X remake (Maverick Hunter X) was to retell the story of MegaMan X(1) in a more serious and direct note and even put more emphasis on things such as Vile, his character, & his origins, how Mavericks came to be, X's relationship to past Maverick Hunters who too became Mavericks such as Sigma Chill Penguin, how Zero's death affected X, & X inner conflict of being a Reploid that has emotions and feelings as well as trying to understand if really hunting down his Reploid brothers and constantly slaying Mavericks was the right thing to do, and X coming to stride with why his creator gave him something other machines don't have...humanity...stuff that Capcom wasn't able to put much emphasis on in SNES game and MY GOD it was SOOOO Amazing and it was Capcom's finest storytelling yet and it was on some Christopher Nolan type sh*t. It was basically a retelling of his origins story of how he became the Maverick Hunter everyone knows and respect but I mostly like the Vile stuff...it was deep and was very enjoyable to play as him and witness the story of MegaMan X through his eyes and even his ending was amazing. I've come to respect Vile before I thought he was just like his name...vile...but I grown to respect him and how he had honor.

Anyway...what I'm saying is if Capcom does remake....wait they can remake DMC1..for the PS Vita obviously....I mean the Vita doesn't really have any good games that aren't already on the consoles. So if they do they'll most likely remake the first 1 because they tend to deal with the game that created the series and started the fanbase.

Plus they can add many extras....however...it won't be very DMC1 like if they go with DMC4's control scheme but heh whatever...mostly a Trish mode (or just make her playable) or at least make Trish more important to the story or go with Kamiya's original plans.

Fix everything wrong about DMC1...its crap camera, a better camera view and control, weapon switching on the fly, give each weapons more combos and moves, also add more weapons if possible, improved graphics....they can even change up the stages and their layout design if they want, had some extras (artwork & the such), Bloody Palace Mode, even possible had some features from DMC3 & DMC4 and heck DmC if possible like some areas/stages, return all of DMC4's difficulty settings, add in some new or old enemies from any game DMC2-DMC4....but most preferably DMC4, Boss Battle Mode, & even a Sparda mode....a mode where you can play as Sparda and you have access to Sparda, Yamato, Rebellion, Ifrit, & etc and it is Sparda so all cutscenes should be changed or removed and replaced with ones based on Sparda and it is about him stopping Mundus's invasion plans. Replace Nelo Angelo with another boss....a new character that fights sorta like him or has a similar fighting style concept. As for Sparda's story...I say to make a good Sparda story without the area ruining the story...I say stay limited to amount of cutscenes as possible just show an pretty lengthy opening cutscene and just boss battle intro cutscenes for only (Phantom, Nelo Angelo's replacement, & Griffin as well as Mundus) and make the sky look odd or eerie to make it look like he is in the Demon World all this time and change Mundus's imprisonment room to look like a throne room but the final battle can still take place in the air or space or something then when it switches back to land it should take place in his throne room and after the battle Sparda knocks Mundus in a pit and seals him away....you know what I should make a thread for this.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I say just the first 2 for economic and Capcom based reasons. Capcom does make anniversary games and they already did and I will recall another Capcom franchise....MegaMan...it had 2 series the Classic & X series...those both had an anniversary collection and later had a remake of their first game...well the Classic MegaMan remake was just there for fun while the X remake (Maverick Hunter X) was to retell the story of MegaMan X(1) in a more serious and direct note and even put more emphasis on things such as Vile, his character, & his origins, how Mavericks came to be, X's relationship to past Maverick Hunters who too became Mavericks such as Sigma Chill Penguin, how Zero's death affected X, & X inner conflict of being a Reploid that has emotions and feelings as well as trying to understand if really hunting down his Reploid brothers and constantly slaying Mavericks was the right thing to do, and X coming to stride with why his creator gave him something other machines don't have...humanity...stuff that Capcom wasn't able to put much emphasis on in SNES game and MY GOD it was SOOOO Amazing and it was Capcom's finest storytelling yet and it was on some Christopher Nolan type sh*t. It was basically a retelling of his origins story of how he became the Maverick Hunter everyone knows and respect but I mostly like the Vile stuff...it was deep and was very enjoyable to play as him and witness the story of MegaMan X through his eyes and even his ending was amazing. I've come to respect Vile before I thought he was just like his name...vile...but I grown to respect him and how he had honor.

Anyway...what I'm saying is if Capcom does remake....wait they can remake DMC1..for the PS Vita obviously....I mean the Vita doesn't really have any good games that aren't already on the consoles. So if they do they'll most likely remake the first 1 because they tend to deal with the game that created the series and started the fanbase.

Plus they can add many extras....however...it won't be very DMC1 like if they go with DMC4's control scheme but heh whatever...mostly a Trish mode (or just make her playable) or at least make Trish more important to the story or go with Kamiya's original plans.

Fix everything wrong about DMC1...its crap camera, a better camera view and control, weapon switching on the fly, give each weapons more combos and moves, also add more weapons if possible, improved graphics....they can even change up the stages and their layout design if they want, had some extras (artwork & the such), Bloody Palace Mode, even possible had some features from DMC3 & DMC4 and heck DmC if possible like some areas/stages, return all of DMC4's difficulty settings, add in some new or old enemies from any game DMC2-DMC4....but most preferably DMC4, Boss Battle Mode, & even a Sparda mode....a mode where you can play as Sparda and you have access to Sparda, Yamato, Rebellion, Ifrit, & etc and it is Sparda so all cutscenes should be changed or removed and replaced with ones based on Sparda and it is about him stopping Mundus's invasion plans. Replace Nelo Angelo with another boss....a new character that fights sorta like him or has a similar fighting style concept. As for Sparda's story...I say to make a good Sparda story without the area ruining the story...I say stay limited to amount of cutscenes as possible just show an pretty lengthy opening cutscene and just boss battle intro cutscenes for only (Phantom, Nelo Angelo's replacement, & Griffin as well as Mundus) and make the sky look odd or eerie to make it look like he is in the Demon World all this time and change Mundus's imprisonment room to look like a throne room but the final battle can still take place in the air or space or something then when it switches back to land it should take place in his throne room and after the battle Sparda knocks Mundus in a pit and seals him away....you know what I should make a thread for this.

I think 2 and 1 should be remade for the vita and have some new features and issues, both story and gameplay wise fixed or ironed out so I agree .

With 2 specifically, I would just give Dante a bit more clarity, explaining it's place in the timeline and the rapid shift in his character a little better. Lucia would be remade from the ground up to center more on her issues and dumary ilse as a whole.

You could add extra characters such as Nero or trish but that's optional.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I think 2 and 1 should be remade for the vita and have some new features and issues, both story and gameplay wise fixed or ironed out so I agree .

With 2 specifically, I would just give Dante a bit more clarity, explaining it's place in the timeline and the rapid shift in his character a little better. Lucia would be remade from the ground up to center more on her issues and dumary ilse as a whole.

You could add extra characters such as Nero or trish but that's optional.

I say a DMC1 remake would probably sell more and if anything it would be best to remake the first game since that game started the series and even started the genre you say and pulled in a new era of games/gamers.

Top Bottom