• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry Pinnacle of combat mobile game revealed

Goldsickle

I do like the idea of elemental shotgun though, as well as what they did with charge shot.
They have dropped the whole "element" thing as of DMC4.
DMC3 was full of elemental properties, weakness and defense.

I suspect it's due to inconsistency with Nero's Exceed mechanic.
If Nero's sword is charged with fire, won't that make his sword weak to fire enemies and automatically damaging and crippling for ice enemies?
Especially considering that the second boss Nero faces is a fire demon.

Even Dante no longer charges his guns based on his Devil Arm's elements.
Instead, he charges it with his own red-colored demonic aura.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Even Dante no longer charges his guns based on his Devil Arm's elements.
Instead, he charges it with his own red-colored demonic aura.
Might be a balance thing that's true. Dabte didn't change the elemental properties for his guns since DMC2 I think, can't remember it being a thing in 3. I'm actually not even sure about DMC2 on that (might've only been swords)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I can't be the only person who thinks the Damned Bishops look like Malthael now.

latest

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Double post, but... God. I went through all the trouble of signing up for the 2nd closed beta only to be told that it isn't available on iOS devices despite that being an option during the sign up. *headdesk*

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I like that she has melee combos for her weapons other than Kalina Ann now. I really hope this game eventually releases in English.

Goldsickle

Dem moves look slick. Inb4 this is actually a peek at how her combat will be like in DMC5SE, LOL.
Not surprised if it actually happened.

I have always seen Vergil using Doppelganger as something strictly for DmC only.
And then Capcom surprised me by making it official in the main series through DMC5.
The same with needing to impale an enemy with a sword before you can warp to them in DMC4SE.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Not surprised if it actually happened.

I have always seen Vergil using Doppelganger as something strictly for DmC only.
And then Capcom surprised me by making it official in the main series through DMC5.
The same with needing to impale an enemy with a sword before you can warp to them in DMC4SE.

It's almost like DmC had some good ideas despite some dumbness here and there. lol

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
It's almost like DmC had some good ideas despite some dumbness here and there. lol

Actually, I'd argue both of those ideas weren't that good. Doppelganger as a boss fight mechanic borders into the kind of boss design that spawns minions to unleash on you, which I find cheap design and kind of annoying. It's best left as a mechanic for the player.
And the sword embed was just the worst thing they could have taken from DmC Vergil. It made the teleport slower and clunkier to use, especially from a distance. In 4, you now had to wait for the sword to reach the enemy before you're allowed to teleport. Compare that to how his Trick moves were in DMC3. Instantaneous, you input the command and he teleports. In 4SE, it can even happen that the sword gets blocked by some geometry or object (the start of mission 2, near the fountain, is a prime example of where this can occur, ugh), and in that case you can't teleport at all. They should have left the Trick mechanic as it was in DMC3SE, and the sword embed should have been something not tied to teleport, but more of a purely offensive kind of deal, cause the mechanic where you stick some into an enemy and they explode when Vergil sheathes Yamato is pretty cool.

DmC did have some good ideas that were ported over to DMC, like free camera, training mode and trying moves before you buy them (DmC had that, if I ain't mistaken), but the ones mentioned earlier for Vergil aren't it, imo.

Last edited:

Erian1Mortal

Premium
more lady gameplay

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Will Dante's DMC1 & 4 costumes be out?

And what new costumes to add for Vergil?
that's what has been found in the beta for Vergil.
In terms of Dante costumes, we know he has a DMC2 costume, so it isn't far fetched to say that he will have the others as well, we already saw a DMC5 costume in an photo in his office if I recall correctly (Dante and Lady both wear their 5 costumes in that funnily enough)

EDIT:
found the picture https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EY74T4LUYAI4uLT?format=jpg&name=large
most likely just an easter egg but if they got the model, they might as well put it ingame.

also looking at the booth of this posts pictures shows a windows logo on the display, wich most likely means that there might be a pc launcher planned

Last edited:
Top Bottom