• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry for PS4/Xbox one

Dante's Ghost

Browsing The Halls of Fortuna Castle
Does anyone know if DMC, or each individual one up to 3 (now that DMC4SE has been released on next gen consoles) will be released for ps4/xbox one? Maybe something like the HD edition that was released on ps3 and co?

Last edited:

Dante's Ghost

There's not been a word from Capcom about it.

Although, in the case they do this instead of DMC5, I'd be angry. Like, a lot.

I would be angry too if they did that, aha!. However, I was thinking it the other day while playing DMC4SE. Like man, I miss playing DMC 1 (sold my ps3/games) and wouldn't it be cool if they released it for ps4 aha!

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Come novemeber it won't be an issue on xbox one as most 360 games will be available to download or put in and play thanks to backwards compatibility, however ps4 owners will still lose out

makes me glad I have an xb1

berto

I Saw the Devil
Capcom mentioned that, with the success of REHD they see that there is a market for old games on the new generation and they want to focus on adding games from their library to the PS4 (they singled out the PS4 for some reason), like Megaman, RE0, and maybe others in the future. With DMC4SE's success they might start adding DMC in the future. No guarantees of anything, though.

Dante's Ghost

Capcom mentioned that, with the success of REHD they see that there is a market for old games on the new generation and they want to focus on adding games from their library to the PS4 (they singled out the PS4 for some reason), like Megaman, RE0, and maybe others in the future. With DMC4SE's success they might start adding DMC in the future. No guarantees of anything, though.

Thanks for that update.

you can play DMC1 on an emulator for PC

Do you know where you can download DMC1 for PC?

Last edited by a moderator:

outoftheblue

I´m all for it, but I don´t think now is the right time. After the drop in sales the reboot brought to the table, I would expect the smart move and for Capcom to courtship the fans back with a DMC5 .

But they might think a embelished version of the classic is a sufficient peace offering and that it will make the franchise healthy again. In my opinion it would be a wrong move, but who knows with these people...

And yes, it would make me mad too.

GabrielXx

i'm Not Really Interested, I want DMC5 maybe later Down the Road Sure, but I would want a Remaster of DMC3 First with Style switching that's the only way i would rebuy the game again. i think remaking these games from the ground up would benefit them Since they could go back & make a lot of things fit better in line with the Story.

However the one i think that needs to be remade the most is DMC2, that way it can be synced up better with the other games in the time line.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
For me, it depends on the content and what they bring to the table because if it's more of a full fledged remake than another HD rerelease than it could be something cool.

It would be a glass half full scenario as its a chance for new content that's expand the story and give it a sense of direction which it lost by the time dmc4 rolled around.

But the big question looms on whether or not they can pull it off as @berto likes to point, DMC1 was a product of it's dev team at the time so there is a chance we might lose what DMC1 special.

So it's a big risk that may end as a "soulless phantom" (ocelot from mgs5). DMC5 might be more comforting as it could be it's own beast.

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
I personally don't need another, new HD collection (even though I sold my 360). If I want to play DMC3, I'll try it on PC. I also don't see an HD collection for PS4 happening. Not ever. It'd just come too soon after the previous HD collection to truly be profitable and popular.

What I'd love to see is a remake of DMC3 -- but it doesn't have to remake the story or anything like that. DMC3 seems fine to me, it fits within the overall timeline of the series, and I think it only had one plothole. It'd be great to have DMC3 with PS4-quality graphics, a soundtrack with some more interesting combat themes maybe, style switching, and some extras if there's still room for them.

It's a shame, though... 2015 would've been the 10-year anniversary of DMC3, so it would've been a good year for a remake. It turned out to be DMC4 SE, which is still good though. After everything that's been said and hinted at, we can at least expect DMC5 to be developed at some point, and that's honestly what I'm waiting for.

Last edited:

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
I agree actually, in-fact my copy of DMC HD is the main reason I didn't trade in my PS3 with the majority of my PS3 games.
I would like for DMC1-3 to be made available

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
The only way I'd wanna see the original 3 on PS4 is if Capcom did a full remake like with the Resident Evil remake...only without everything's location being switched around. Just up the visuals and the gameplay. Otherwise just give us an EPIC DMC5.

berto

I Saw the Devil
The only way I'd wanna see the original 3 on PS4 is if Capcom did a full remake like with the Resident Evil remake...only without everything's location being switched around. Just up the visuals and the gameplay. Otherwise just give us an EPIC DMC5.
That's not likely to happen, I'm sorry to say. RE is the flagship franchise of the company, it gets special treatment and resources that few others get and DMC is a big title but not big enough to be one of them. The RE remakes were both made by Shinji Mikami, and he had a lot of pull in Capcom, and at the time they were a failure which and Capcom was adamant about porting them to HD, so they were shocked it sold. Even then, the remake was an entire game of it self, not an upscale, which means from the ground up, and no one at Capcom can guarantee equal results for DMC1-3 so it's not likely to happen. Too many factors against it.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
That's not likely to happen, I'm sorry to say. RE is the flagship franchise of the company, it gets special treatment and resources that few others get and DMC is a big title but not big enough to be one of them. The RE remakes were both made by Shinji Mikami, and he had a lot of pull in Capcom, and at the time they were a failure which and Capcom was adamant about porting them to HD, so they were shocked it sold. Even then, the remake was an entire game of it self, not an upscale, which means from the ground up, and no one at Capcom can guarantee equal results for DMC1-3 so it's not likely to happen. Too many factors against it.
Sad now. Gonna go mentally name every demon Capcom and mercilessly slaughter them one-by-one.
On the other hand, DMC5! I hope...

Last edited:
Top Bottom