• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry creator not too fond of new Dante

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Hideki Kamiya, creator of the Devil May Cry series, doesn’t seem too fond of Ninja Theory’s new take on protagonist Dante.

In a series of tweets where fans ask him his thoughts on the new younger Dante, he responds the following:

“I miss him, too… RT @nss_13_ @PG_kamiya I miss the Dante you made,” read the first tweet.

“I’ve been sad since Dante left me. RT @nss_13_ @PG_kamiya It’s sad to see what you started turn this way,” read another.

The last tweet read: “Whatever. RT @Solivagant @PG_kamiya #DmC, by Ninja Theory? Do you think they will “evolve” the action game from your Bayonetta standard?”

I guess we’ll see how it all turns out in 2011.

Thanks, The Silent Chief.

Source: http://scrawlfx.com/2010/09/devil-may-cry-creator-not-too-fond-of-new-dante

The man who made Devil May Cry, is not too fond with the new Dante. This is understandable, since the new one is different with the one he created in so many ways.

I too, am sad of this change. I just hope that this new DmC will up to par with other DMC games, or hope that this is just the beta version, and it will be changed in the future.

Curse

Cursed Girl
sad raging fanboys and girls are sad too :/

Dante was my first true love!!!!
Why did it have to end so soon?!

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
When I first saw the picture I thought, "HIDEKI GET YOUR SH*T IN GEAR AND TAKE THIS SERIES BACK!" kajfkljaflkjaf

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
VI-Rainbow;274163 said:
When I first saw the picture I thought, "HIDEKI GET YOUR SH*T IN GEAR AND TAKE THIS SERIES BACK!" kajfkljaflkjaf

:lol: Yet, you put the new DmC screenshot in your sig. How ironic. :lol:

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
What's ironic of liking a picture with a Scott Pilgrim reference? Lmao. It does remind me of the first evil ex Scott had to fight. ;>

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Chaos Master;274161 said:
Source: http://scrawlfx.com/2010/09/devil-may-cry-creator-not-too-fond-of-new-dante

The man who made Devil May Cry, is not too fond with the new Dante. This is understandable, since the new one is different with the one he created in so many ways.

I too, am sad of this change. I just hope that this new DmC will up to par with other DMC games, or hope that this is just the beta version, and it will be changed in the future.

Well,it's a bit understandable.As I said in the other topic,it's probably Capcom's revenge to make the new Dante the excact oposite of Kamiya's Dante.

To make the new Dante a drug-and-smoke addict with the rage of an angsty teen his Cobra-like fashion,thrown out of the window and without his trademark silver hair[thought this is subject of debate,as dyeing his hair is possible] and I bet without his brittish style of humor like the first DMC.We are going to hear some f-bombs and lot more.

Again,I don't mind this new take,as long as they do it like Nintendo does with the Legend of Zelda series and the two timelines.I will rage if they continue solely in this direction.

Vampi

Chaos Master;274161 said:

I'm sorry i don't understand Twitter talk. Can you tell me what Kamiya actually said?

Chrysander

Vampi;274171 said:
I'm sorry i don't understand Twitter talk. Can you tell me what Kamiya actually said?

as far as I know this is what was said:

“I miss him, too… "
in response to "I miss the Dante you made"

“I’ve been sad since Dante left me."
in response to "It’s sad to see what you started turn this way”

“Whatever."
in response to "Do you think they will “evolve” the action game from your Bayonetta standard?”"

Vampi

LOL @ Kamiya's response with "Whatever".

Kamiya knows NT even with Capcom's help have no way of topping Bayonetta's gameplay. But yeah, i'm sadden by Kamiya's words. And he has every right to be. Imagine that the company you worked for and created a franchise for them all of a sudden stabs you in the back while you're still polishing the first game, and it comes as a shock to you that another team is involved in it and that you won't ever be able to handle your creation ever again. That's how it went with Kamiya when he was making DMC 1 and all of a sudden a new team was announce to make DMC 2.

Capcom couldn't at least give respect to his creation and be faithful of the Dante he envisioned. Oh well...

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Not just Kamiya,but Mikami too and many others...and with a LOT of games...DMC,RE,VJ...did I forget something...

Oh,well.I hope that he can make a Character that pays homage to Dante either in a new game or in Bayonetta[should there be a continuation].

Vampi

Mikami responded? Where?

And Bayonetta is a homage to Dante and DMC. Bayo is practically Dante but with boobs.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Vampi;274254 said:
Mikami responded? Where?

And Bayonetta is a homage to Dante and DMC. Bayo is practically Dante but with boobs.

Er...no.I meant with my earlier comment,that Capcom stabbed them in the back,didn;t keep their visons etc.

I thought Netta was Kamiya's ideal woman,not a homage to Dante.Oh well.

Asmodaius

No disrespect to Hideki Kamiya, but maybe they changed him out with someone else for a reason. Though he was the creator of Devil May Cry and Dante, it is still owned by Capcom and the series developed nicely without him in my opinion.

(Edit: I just read an article which stated that Hideki Kamiya left Capcom himself to co-found PlatinumGames, the creators of Bayonetta. So Capcom -had- to replace him. He chose to leave Capcom himself and then made a game which copies the gameplay of DMC. I like Bayonetta, don't get me wrong, but Devil May Cry will stay as the original game series with said gameplay.)

I only think the series have gotten better over time and this redesign is a step in a new direction to give us fans something new to play with. Those who don't want changes have four games they can play with then. Want the original Dante? Go play the original game.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
moseslmpg;274476 said:

It's a shame that will probably never happen. Plus tbh DMC has changed so much since 1 bringing Kamiya back would probably not be as much of a flawless quick fix as people like myself might think. Who knows where he would take it? somebody is bound to hate it.

You can please some of the people all of the time
or all of the people some of the time.

Vampi

Well got sum bad news for everyone. It seems the article Moseslmpg linked you at was just picking quotes from Kamiya's Twitter so they can get hits and feed on the misery sum DMC fans are feeling now. I went to the Platinum Games Forum and the Moderator, who also works closely with Kamiya, set the record straight. That Kamiya doesn't care since Dante has changed so much since DMC 1 and he wouldn't return to the series at all. Want proof? Here's the post he did on the P* forum

http://forums.platinumgames.com/showthread.php?p=33060#post33060

Asmodaius

Vampi;274561 said:
Well got sum bad news for everyone. It seems the article Moseslmpg linked you at was just picking quotes from Kamiya's Twitter so they can get hits and feed on the misery sum DMC fans are feeling now. I went to the Platinum Games Forum and the Moderator, who also works closely with Kamiya, set the record straight. That Kamiya doesn't care since Dante has changed so much since DMC 1 and he wouldn't return to the series at all. Want proof? Here's the post he did on the P* forum

http://forums.platinumgames.com/showthread.php?p=33060#post33060

Well, he got his own game now, though it is a DMC copy more or less. Bayonetta is a cool game and is his new 'lovechild', so he would concentrate on that now which is understandable. Bayonetta has proven to be a worthy rival game to the DMC series and I hope to see more of it in the future. ^^

moseslmpg

Asmodaius;274527 said:
No disrespect to Hideki Kamiya, but maybe they changed him out with someone else for a reason. Though he was the creator of Devil May Cry and Dante, it is still owned by Capcom and the series developed nicely without him in my opinion.

(Edit: I just read an article which stated that Hideki Kamiya left Capcom himself to co-found PlatinumGames, the creators of Bayonetta. So Capcom -had- to replace him. He chose to leave Capcom himself and then made a game which copies the gameplay of DMC. I like Bayonetta, don't get me wrong, but Devil May Cry will stay as the original game series with said gameplay.)

I only think the series have gotten better over time and this redesign is a step in a new direction to give us fans something new to play with. Those who don't want changes have four games they can play with then. Want the original Dante? Go play the original game.
Capcom are the one who went behind his back with DMC2, and we know how well that turned out. Capcom is at fault, not Kamiya. And the series didn't do well at all without him. You have DMC1 and DMC3, and then you have two crap games.

Bayonetta has far better gameplay that DMC probably ever will, and it didn't copy it at all. Kamiya is the one that created DMC and Dante, and this was merely his evolution of gameplay he envisioned because the series was taken from him.

In response to your last statement: If you want a new DmC so badly, go play GOW/NG/Bayo/Darksiders/etc. because that is what this DINO amounts to: DMC In Name Only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom