• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry creator not too fond of new Dante

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asmodaius

moseslmpg;274646 said:
Capcom are the one who went behind his back with DMC2, and we know how well that turned out. Capcom is at fault, not Kamiya. And the series didn't do well at all without him. You have DMC1 and DMC3, and then you have two crap games.

Bayonetta has far better gameplay that DMC probably ever will, and it didn't copy it at all. Kamiya is the one that created DMC and Dante, and this was merely his evolution of gameplay he envisioned because the series was taken from him.

In response to your last statement: If you want a new DmC so badly, go play GOW/NG/Bayo/Darksiders/etc. because that is what this DINO amounts to: DMC In Name Only.

That you find DMC 2 and 4 crappy is a personal opinion. I like them. I don't find them crappy.

Bayonetta has a great gameplay, but it still takes many elements from DMC which is what I meant with 'copying'. And yes, Bayonetta's gameplay is evolved from that was in the DMC series, and yes, Bayonetta is indeed cool, but it still ressembles DMC in terms of gameplay. Kamiya could have made a whole other game with gameplay that was nothing alike DMC, but that is not the case.

God of War and Bayonetta are also two games I like within that genre, Darksiders not so much. And NG, if you mean Ninja Gaiden, then I like that as well. I am also going to pick up the new Devil May Cry when it releases... But I don't understand why you are saying I should go play them, as if it would be a bad thing.

I'm also a fighting game fan, but there are certain differences between Street Fighter, Tekken, Dead or Alive, Mortal Kombat etc. which makes their titles unique from one another. It's the same with Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, God of War and so on.

The difference is that they do not share title name and their heroes are different from one another... DmC is still known as Devil May Cry, the protagonist is called Dante and Capcom is the creator of this upcoming game. Three things that to me says that this is indeed a Devil May Cry game, even if it is a reboot and is not linked to the past games of the title. I don't see it as a whole other game as many of you might do. If Capcom renames the hero and the game title, then I will see it as a whole other game.

(Edit: )
A.$h!nati;274650 said:

People can easily misunderstand tweets. I'm glad he cleared some things up and shows that it is not that he doesn't care, it is just not -his- Dante, as in the Dante from the first game.

Also, his statement that he was trying to make Devil May Cry as a Resident Evil game was something I had completely forgotten. I am glad that it became its own game though.

Vampi

So you're going solely on name recognition alone?

Wow...and here i thought we had a understanding. What with me giving you that Capcom DMC Puzzle game example as an analogy. You just contradicted everything that you've just said to me. How disappointing.

Asmodaius

Vampi;274668 said:
So you're going solely on name recognition alone?

Wow...and here i thought we had a understanding. What with me giving you that Capcom DMC Puzzle game example as an analogy. You just contradicted everything that you've just said to me. How disappointing.

You're just out to get me, aren't you?
I was giving examples on what indicates that this is a Devil May Cry game and why I would recognize it as one.

Ichi-nii

Dark Knight
In delighted to here Hideki-san is disappointed in this new conception of Dante.

Its the highest form of disrespect, not only to Hideki, but the Fans over the course of DMC 1, 3 and 4 who became really became attached to him.

I know DmC is gonna REALLY split the community, but my hope is that the majority consensus is absolutely not in favour of the re-envisioning presented by Ninja Theory, and after this debacle we will see a return to the one and true Dante and his Devil May Cry Universe.

Asmodaius

Ichi-nii;274681 said:
In delighted to here Hideki-san is disappointed in this new conception of Dante.

Its the highest form of disrespect, not only to Hideki, but the Fans over the course of DMC 1, 3 and 4 who became really became attached to him.

I know DmC is gonna REALLY split the community, but my hope is that the majority consensus is absolutely not in favour of the re-envisioning presented by Ninja Theory, and after this debacle we will see a return to the one and true Dante and his Devil May Cry Universe.

What's wrong with liking both?

Ichi-nii

Dark Knight
Asmodaius;274685 said:
What's wrong with liking both?

Did I say there was anything wrong with liking both?

I just think that the Devil May Cry community as a whole could be split over DmC, there will be those who like the re-envisioning and provided the game is solid, but then there are those us who refuse to acknowledge DmC as a Devil Macy Cry because it is a reboot of concept that was perfectly fine and truly is Loved.

I fall into the latter.

I believe Ninja Theory could make a solid game, but I absolutely refuse to acknowledge this as Devil May Cry, as far as Im concerned the acronym of DMC is all DmC has to even relate it to Devil May Cry.

Asmodaius

Ichi-nii;274688 said:

I just think that the Devil May Cry community as a whole could be split over DmC, there will be those who like the re-envisioning and provided the game is solid, but then there are those us who refuse to acknowledge DmC as a Devil Macy Cry because it is a reboot of concept that was perfectly fine and truly is Loved.

I fall into the latter.

I believe Ninja Theory could make a solid game, but I absolutely refuse to acknowledge this as Devil May Cry, as far as Im concerned the acronym of DMC is all DmC has to even relate it to Devil May Cry.

Yeah, it's kinda sad really. I have hope in that the fans who share your opinion will change that opinion as we see more though. And I'm afraid you might get disappointed when they reveal that DmC indeed means Devil May Cry. But oh well, we'll just have to wait and see.

Vampi

Ichi-nii;274681 said:

Kamiya-san said he doesn't care. That Dante has changed in every game from his original vision. That we should see what this version of Dante has to offer.

Ichi-nii

Dark Knight
Vampi;274695 said:
Kamiya-san said he doesn't care. That Dante has changed in every game from his original vision. That we should see what this version of Dante has to offer.

Fair enough, but its the lack of support for DmC that Im pleased to hear from him, his original vision of Dante even if altered to certain extents in previous instalments of the series, is what I truly liked and became very attached to.

moseslmpg

Asmodaius;274667 said:
That you find DMC 2 and 4 crappy is a personal opinion. I like them. I don't find them crappy.

That doesn't surprise me, but it sounds like a personal problem. DMC2 and 4 are objectively of lower quality than DMC1 and 3, regardless of opinion.

Bayonetta has a great gameplay, but it still takes many elements from DMC which is what I meant with 'copying'. And yes, Bayonetta's gameplay is evolved from that was in the DMC series, and yes, Bayonetta is indeed cool, but it still ressembles DMC in terms of gameplay. Kamiya could have made a whole other game with gameplay that was nothing alike DMC, but that is not the case.

I don't think you understand. Kamiya didn't copy DMC, Bayonetta is the natural progression from the gameplay he started in DMC. Kamiya was making the next revolutionary action game as he id with DMC. Bayo is no more a copy of DMC than DMC is a copy of Castlevania. And, I don't know if you've been paying attention, but Kamiya has made games with different gameplay. VJ and Okami come to mind.

God of War and Bayonetta are also two games I like within that genre, Darksiders not so much. And NG, if you mean Ninja Gaiden, then I like that as well. I am also going to pick up the new Devil May Cry when it releases... But I don't understand why you are saying I should go play them, as if it would be a bad thing.

That's not what I'm implying. Those games are all very good in their own ways, but the differnce is, they aren't DMC. If people want something so drastically different as DINO, they would be better off playing a different series rather than insisiting that fans of the real DMC go back to playing DMC1.

I'm also a fighting game fan, but there are certain differences between Street Fighter, Tekken, Dead or Alive, Mortal Kombat etc. which makes their titles unique from one another. It's the same with Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, God of War and so on.

Yes, we agree. Except DINO doesn't fall under the DMC rubric in this case.

The difference is that they do not share title name and their heroes are different from one another... DmC is still known as Devil May Cry, the protagonist is called Dante and Capcom is the creator of this upcoming game. Three things that to me says that this is indeed a Devil May Cry game, even if it is a reboot and is not linked to the past games of the title. I don't see it as a whole other game as many of you might do. If Capcom renames the hero and the game title, then I will see it as a whole other game.

Well, I'm glad that you can admit you are only a fan of the name at least. Not many people are willing to. It is being made by NT btw, and Capcom, not just Capcom. Vampi's puzzle or racing game analogy is germane here.
I guess we have no more reason to discuss, given that you value the label more than the content. I guess if it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, and swims like a duck, and someone says it is an elephant, it is huh.

Asmodaius

moseslmpg;274713 said:
I guess we have no more reason to discuss, given that you value the label more than the content. I guess if it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, and swims like a duck, and someone says it is an elephant, it is huh.

-facepalm-
You guys -are- out to get me, I can tell... I'm not going to let it get to me though. Capcom is making a new Devil May Cry game and I am excited to see what they have planned for it.

Conclude whatever you like from my posts. The way I try to explain myself will get misunderstood either way. Maybe it is because I'm not that good at explaining myself, maybe it is because you twist what I mean into what you want it to sound like, I dunno. It's not what I meant though, but I can't convince you otherwise, because you have already made up your mind.

Kittn

Dante's Lapcat
Ichi-nii;274688 said:

I fall into the latter.

The community is already split. Got people signing up just to hurl insults and stuff. It's kinda embarrassing.

I stand with you on this.

Honestly, how are we to take Capcom calling it a reboot now? Doesn't that kinda mean they're not acknowledging it as a real Devil May Cry either? So I guess I just can't figure why they are keeping that name on it.

It'd likely sell to more DMC fans if they changed it to something else, what with some so upset that it had the audacity to call itself something it wasn't. I still wouldn't buy it cause I don't like what I see - but some might give the game more of a chance if it didn't have that blaring red title on it.

And if they were outsourcing the franchise, why didn't they just let Hideki have another crack at it? He said he was up for it.

Vampi

Asmodaius: Don't flatter yourself, no one is out to get you.

No one is misunderstanding you, at least speaking for myself. Its just that your reasons on why you support this game are frivolous.

You said in one of your post you liked DmC because of the name and because Capcom's are the one making it and that equals in your eyes that its a true DMC game. A game that we know nothing about really.

Before you let out that reason, i thought your reasons were fine. But when you said that you just totally contradicted the debate we were having. And that's really disappointing.

And try not to edit stuff out of your original post. You did that last time and you're trying to be slick. That's a major insult.

moseslmpg

Asmodaius;274716 said:
-facepalm-
You guys -are- out to get me, I can tell... I'm not going to let it get to me though. Capcom is making a new Devil May Cry game and I am excited to see what they have planned for it.

Don't flatter yourself. It is unbecoming.

Conclude whatever you like from my posts. The way I try to explain myself will get misunderstood either way. Maybe it is because I'm not that good at explaining myself, maybe it is because you twist what I mean into what you want it to sound like, I dunno. It's not what I meant though, but I can't convince you otherwise, because you have already made up your mind.
I think you just don't take enough time to examine your thoughts and motivations. It is easier not to, so I don't fault you for it or for liking DINO. I don't misunderstand you at all, but perhaps you aren't willing to admit what your posts entail which actually is that you value the label more than the content. Again, nothing wrong with that.

And I'm one of the few people whose mind is not made up. I'm not super excited and I'm not raging against it. I am watching closely and carefully, and scrutinizing, and remaining neutral. I am not swayed by something as superficial as the name and I am evaluating the game on its own merits and on the knowledge we have right now, not projecting my hopes into the future of the game. You might do the same.

Vampi

Kittn;274721 said:
And if they were outsourcing the franchise, why didn't they just let Hideki have another crack at it? He said he was up for it.

Actually the people who took that quote from Hideki's Twitter page took it out of context. Kamiya is pretty much distancing himself from it and saying that Dante has always changed in every game from his original vision. He has no intent in returning to DMC, if ever. He just said just to wait and see what this different Dante offers.

Ichi-nii

Dark Knight
Vampi;274732 said:
Kamiya is pretty much distancing himself from it and saying that Dante has always changed in every game from his original vision.

Thats alittle sad to hear, I feel DMC 3 and 4 keep Dante very much in line with the vision of Dante he expressed in DMC 1, if anything I felt Hideki wouldnt like in those games its the Music :lmao

Asmodaius

Whoa whoa whoa, people! Relax!
You are being so very judgemental right now. I am not flattering myself, it's called humour, sarcasm, irony... So stop being so judgemental, please! The reason I wrote so was because I felt like you were picking out every single word I wrote and tried to find something negative to say about it.

Vampi, I meant what I said in those other posts, but I also think that because of those reasons I have posted here indicates that it is indeed a Devil May Cry game. I have liked DMC since the first game and I am sure I will like this upcoming game as well - I like what I have seen so far.

Another reason that this is indeed a Devil May Cry game is that you are discussing it in a Devil May Cry forum! I am indeed new here on this forum, but I didn't know things were so stiff and cut-out here. I will try and explain myself better next time.

And also, I'm not trying to point fingers at anyone, but I just sense so much negativity here, and all I wish to do is to make the mood lighten up a bit.

(Edit: )
Oh, I forgot to explain this part. XD
The reason I edit my own post is because I don't want to double post, so instead of making a whole new post right next to my recent post with something I had forgotten to put in, I edit the one I already have made.

Kittn

Dante's Lapcat
I was referring to this one:
PG_Kamiya (twitter) said:
I want to do what all fans want
RT @wildgames @PG_kamiya If in the future you were offered to develop a new Devil May Cry.What would you say?

I didn't know it was out of context. :/ Sounds like he'd do it if fans wanted him to.
It is interesting that this new DmC has made a lot of folks tweet(?) him about it. Wonder if he got the same out of 2, 3 and 4.

Vampi

Alot of folks are tweeting him about DMC games he was never involved in. One tweet asked:

PG_kamiya said:
I wonder why people ask me about the DMC sequel I've never related...
PG_kamiya said:
No interest... RT @Credowings @PG_kamiya what did you think of Vergil's character in DMC3?

All i have to say is
52e9cc7481783e0710ff935.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom