• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry creator not too fond of new Dante

Status
Not open for further replies.

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
Vampi;274759 said:
Alot of folks are tweeting him about DMC games he was never involved in. One tweet asked:

All i have to say is
52e9cc7481783e0710ff935.jpg

Ahck.

People is bad there are kinda doin the overused "in your face" mocking method

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Chrysander;274172 said:
as far as I know this is what was said:

“I miss him, too… "
in response to "I miss the Dante you made"

“I’ve been sad since Dante left me."
in response to "It’s sad to see what you started turn this way”

“Whatever."
in response to "Do you think they will “evolve” the action game from your Bayonetta standard?”"

In which sentence does Hideki actually confirm that this new guy IS Dante? Because I don't see it. His replies are all very vague and diplomatic. If this new character IS Dante and it's been revealed to the world, then there is no clause that keeps Hideki from saying 'yeah the old Dante was more stylish than this new one' or whatever.

Vampi

Uh....no. :p

But really either people are too negative about it or they're too positive about it for the wrong reasons.

Its just one extreme to the other. Its getting tiring.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
Chloe_Ryder;274817 said:
In which sentence does Hideki actually confirm that this new guy IS Dante? Because I don't see it. His replies are all very vague and diplomatic. If this new character IS Dante and it's been revealed to the world, then there is no clause that keeps Hideki from saying 'yeah the old Dante was more stylish than this new one' or whatever.

I agree there CV.....we never actually heard...i mean saw... the character say he was Dante.....and..we have no confirmations of this

Chrysander

I think the conflict is because you have one set of people who would like everybody to give the game a chance, especially as we only have a small amount of info and it's too soon to judge. Then another set of people who feel that fundamentally, the stuff we have been shown is so wrong that it can't be redeemed, if the game (and dante) remains like that. So each side feels that it is important to convince other people of their point of view, it's hard to stand by and listen to the other side and accept it. Especially when some feel there is a chance that the game could be altered if there is enough negative feedback at this stage - they want as much negative feedback as possible. I guess I fall into that camp, though I accept that everyone has their own views on the matter, and it'd be good if there was a way to get over it.

Vampi

Chrysander;275082 said:
I think the conflict is because you have one set of people who would like everybody to give the game a chance, especially as we only have a small amount of info and it's too soon to judge. Then another set of people who feel that fundamentally, the stuff we have been shown is so wrong that it can't be redeemed, if the game (and dante) remains like that. So each side feels that it is important to convince other people of their point of view, it's hard to stand by and listen to the other side and accept it. Especially when some feel there is a chance that the game could be altered if there is enough negative feedback at this stage - they want as much negative feedback as possible. I guess I fall into that camp, though I accept that everyone has their own views on the matter, and it'd be good if there was a way to get over it.

This is exactly how i feel as well. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Surely the fans are totally divided on this. You have the Dino Supporters who support the game on name alone and that just because Capcom say its DMC they automatically accept it, even though that's a really shallow reason to accept sumthing that looks nothing like the thing you were loyal to or looking forward to.

You have the people who are in the middle who either give this game a chance but will not approach it as a DMC game.

And you have the people who are in an utter state of frustration. They don't have enough info about this game to treat it as DMC. And with Dante's dramatic overhaul of his looks, they can't help but be against it because they feel like they wasted there time and money on a series that never was going to conclude in the first place. And of course, sumthing new like this is very hard to swallow for sum DMC fans.

I just think after the hysteria has calm down and hopefully with Capcom giving at least sum new info besides the scraps we got when the game debut, that we can have a reasonable outlook on this and just understand what all the groups are coming from and just stay in one peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom