• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry: Anime - The Videogame

Would you play this?

• Yes

Votes: 24 77.4%
  • No

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Okay, I recently sent a lot of members here a message about an idea I had. I wanted to see if it went down well. Instead of having to reply to each individual person, I've made this Thread. It's easier this way.

Here I will post what I originally said in the Conversations I created.

Okay, until recently I hadn't watched the Devil May Cry Anime. But, having watched the first four episodes I started to get an idea. The idea I had is basically as follows. The Anime is set after Devil May Cry 1 and just before Devil May Cry 4, and in total there are twelve episodes. However, I thought that it would be cool to expand the amount of episodes (Which are classed as missions) and add more in. My reasoning is because I thought it would be cool if they made a game based off of the Animated Series.

Here's a game cover I designed for it.

XBox 360 Version:

DMCAnimeGame.png

PS3 Version:

DMCAnimePS3.png

The game will follow similar plots that were held in the Anime, definitely keeping Patty Lowell. Also the game will have more missions added to it, as I mentioned earlier. In the game you will ultimately play as Dante, but can also play as Lady and Trish. Some missions will involve both Lady and Trish, where you can swap between the two at will to defeat enemies.

In the first episode you are primarily protecting Patty. The introduction/tutorial level will involve Dante fighting in the bar like he did in Episode One. The next fight scene will be in the car, when Dante is driving Patty. Here you can go into a first person shooter mode and aim at demons whilst you're driving. The fight scene won't be too long, as it won't feel much like Devil May Cry's usual hack and slash gaming style. The next fight scene will be on the train. Demons will appear when the train goes through tunnels. The carriages will go pitch black, but you'll still be able to make out the demons because of their bright red eyes. Once you've cleared the carriages of demons, you'll fight your way back to Patty and the train will arrive at its destination. The final fight scene in Mission One will be a Boss battle in the Theatre.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I think it sounds cool. I haven't seen the whole anime, as I got bored with it after a few episodes, but I think your idea is quite nice.

The general idea is to elaborate on the particular feel the Anime gave off and to expand on it as a whole. As I mentioned before, the game won't be completely based off of the Animated Series, much more will be added in (Some things will be erased, mainly particular parts that can't be playable) or such scenes will be shortened/condensed into cut-scenes for the game.

As of now I have a few more ideas regarding this. Firstly, I have two new styles for Dante. Gunslayer, which blends sword and gun attacks nicely to add more damage. And Doppelgänger, where Dante's aura acts as a separate being to almost double the damage of attacks. When using the Doppelgänger style, a second player can join to control Dante's aura adding a multi-player element to the game (Like how they did in Devil May Cry 3) Also missions with Lady and Trish can be played in multi-player.

In the Anime it was mentioned that the name of the City Dante resides in is called Capulet City (Correct me if I heard the name wrong) That will have some sort of free-roam element to it that I'm working on.

Bloody Palace will be included in the game. The amount of levels will be 1000. Bloody Palace will be similar to how it was in Devil May Cry 3. You can go up in '1', '2', '5', '10' or '20'. The higher you choose to go up each time, the harder it will be. However, there will be three lives given to you in Bloody Palace Mode (If you buy them or find them in the game). These lives save you from death, but will set you back. If I moved up twenty levels and then died, it would erase a life and I'd be twenty levels down again. However, instead of being able to go back up twenty levels I'd have to play twenty levels in order to get back to the level it was I died on (So it still makes it challenging) If I died any time during that point, it would just set me back one level (As one is the smallest amount you can go up by).

In addition to Bloody Palace, there is Devil's Brawl. In Devil's Brawl you select five characters from Devil May Cry (A selection will be given, of course) and you pit yourself against Bosses from all of the Devil May Cry games, in a battle to the death. When all of your five characters are dead, the game is over. No life is given, but health is allowed to be used. Other items however are not allowed. Doppelgänger's multi-player feature will not be allowed in this either, as it would add to the player's ease. As you progress through this and kill more and more Bosses, you'll unlock more characters to play as in Devil's Brawl. Especially some familiar and much loved characters, which are harder to unlock.

In addition further more, is Monster Mash-up. Replay any mission with a selection of Devil May Cry characters, ranging from Dante, Trish, Lady to demonic enemies, such as Lusts, Frosts, a bunch of marionettes, Sin Reapers (You name it, it'll probably be there). In this you get a selection of ten characters. Characters that wouldn't usually have a Devil Trigger will get some form of Devil Trigger feature for the game. Enemies, like Frosts and such will get a Devil Trigger that more suits them (Like Bael from Devil May Cry 4 for instance) Only he won't be as large. This will add more to what you can do whilst in Devil Trigger, because you'll be able to access a wider range of Devil Triggers like this (By actually playing as one of the Devils themselves for a brief period of time). Lady doesn't have a Devil Trigger, so for that matter she will just regenerate her health slightly and have a brief period of time where her attacks are stronger and faster (But she won't drastically heal or change in appearance).

For ideas this is all I currently have. I hope everyone likes them and enjoys the thought of them.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Ooooooo. This idea seems to get better and better as it goes.

Monster Mash-Up sounds like my favorite mode already. *goes to kick demonic ass while playing as a Death Scythe*

Thanks. Yeah, Monster Mash-Up is probably one of my favourite too. Glad you like the idea. You pretty much helped me come up with it, so thank you =)

Playable characters in this game so far are as follows (In terms of normal story missions).

Dante.
Trish.
Lady.
Patty Lowell (Yes, hear me out) I was talking with Richtofen, and we came up with the idea of making Patty a playable character since she's a main character in the Anime. She won't be able to fight demons, obviously, but her missions will be more based on avoiding danger, solving puzzles and following/tailing people. This introduces a different variety of levels, making it not just purely hack and slash based (But primarily it will be).

Mission wise, I'm not sure on how many there will be at this moment in time. But more information will be given when I come up with more ideas.

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
well its a really great idea u got there and its getting better and i would love to play it.but i dont think that developers wont make such game cuz even though patty is in all the episodes the main story is only in the last four so the other episodes dont count becuz their just jobs for dante. id advise u to Watch the whole anime and make a story out of the last four becuz all the other episodes that are only jobs will confuse gamers throughout the game but those familiar to the anime will play it like myself story aside gameplay and other content sounds AWESOME :D

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Whilst I agree, I already stated that the story of the game will differ from the story of the Anime. As you pointed out, the story in the Anime doesn't really pop up until the end. I'm halfway through watching the Anime, and so far it's just been odd jobs for Dante. The beginning with Patty (The first mission) I'll be keeping, as it introduces us into the Anime. And Lady meeting/confronting Trish will be another thing that will stick. The rest will probably be erased, or tweaked accordingly to fit in with the relevant story points the Anime has to offer.

DeamonslayeR

Whilst I agree, I already stated that the story of the game will differ from the story of the Anime. As you pointed out, the story in the Anime doesn't really pop up until the end. I'm halfway through watching the Anime, and so far it's just been odd jobs for Dante (Which I won't include) but the beginning with Patty (The first mission) I'll be keeping, as it introduces us into the Anime. And Lady meeting/confronting Trish will be another thing that will stick. The rest will probably be erased, or tweaked accordingly to fit in with the relevant story points the Anime has to offer.
yeah i certainly agree a good introduction is needed but only in two missions would be best as rest should get straight to the point but dude ur awesome why didnt anyone else comeup with somethin like this lod ur a genius leave the job u have right now and become a developer like im aiming to......and once more AWESOMENESS.remember this word as i would repeat it frequently in this forum u should know its coming :p

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
All of these enemies will be playable in the game (In Monster Mash-Up). I'll elaborate more on moves and give them all Devil Triggers at a later date.

I just want to note that a few of the links won't take you to the actual enemy, but instead will take you to 'Enigmas' page. Apologies for this. I didn't intend of having links to them anyway, but I didn't want to type the names out myself so I just copied and pasted. I know, lazy right? >_<

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
Oooh, an interesting idea. When I saw the thread title I was wondering how that would work, since all episodes are stand alone, but after reading your ideas it sounds like it could work. I like the idea of playing as multiple characters, i've always wanted to play as Lady ever since the rumours saying we could in DMC3.

Since the gameplay has a variety of missions, then the mission for episode 2 (Highway Star) could be a race mission (or something like the highway mission on Bayonetta).

Also, would the graphics be like the other DMC games or cel shaded to fit the anime?

Patty Lowell (Yes, hear me out) I was talking with Richtofen, and we came up with the idea of making Patty a playable character since she's a main character in the Anime. She won't be able to fight demons, obviously, but her missions will be more based on avoiding danger, solving puzzles and following/tailing people.

I had RE2 flashbacks when you play as Shelly Birkin :D

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Oooh, an interesting idea. When I saw the thread title I was wondering how that would work, since all episodes are stand alone, but after reading your ideas it sounds like it could work. I like the idea of playing as multiple characters, I've always wanted to play as Lady ever since the rumours saying we could in DMC 3.

Since the gameplay has a variety of missions, then the mission for episode 2 (Highway Star) could be a race mission (Or something like the highway mission on Bayonetta).

Also, would the graphics be like the other DMC games or cel shaded to fit the anime?

Thanks, I'm glad you liked my ideas =) Yeah perhaps so, I haven't really thought about it yet. I'm working on other ideas at the moment, I'll touch up on the story at a later date and bare this idea in mind =)

The graphics would have to fit the Anime, as I think I mentioned earlier. So they'd be cel-shaded definitely.

To begin with, I have a list of attacks for Abyss and Arachne (More will probably be added).

Abyss' Attacks

Extinguish

Scold

Singe

Chasm Of Fire

Lava Spew - Cause boiling hot lava to drop down on your enemies from above.

Lava Ball - Fire a deadly hot lava ball at your enemies.

Burning Abyss -

Breath Of Fire - Breathe flaming hot fire onto your enemies.

Flaming Inferno - Send your enemies flying into the air, with an uppercut styled move with your scythe.

Dancing With Flames - Conjure flames around you to shield yourself from enemy attacks. Enemies will be burnt if they come too close.

Cinder Hinder - Raise the room temperature to a ridiculous scale to make your enemies drowsy and then attack when they are less mobile.

Supernova -

Arachne’s Attacks

Slash - Slash enemies with your sword-like legs.

Web-Shot - Fire a strong web at your enemies to momentarily render them immobile.

Discharge - Fire web blasts at your enemies.

Arachnid - Release baby spiders to lay carnage to surrounding enemies.

Pierce - Pierce enemies by extending the sharp hairs on your body.

Impale - Stab right through your enemies with your sword-like legs.

Venom Spit - Spit venom at your enemies from your fangs.

Devour - Savagely bite your enemies to death.

Feed - Grab enemies whilst dangling from above and brutally attack them with your fangs.

Feast - Release baby spiders to add more to your bite.

Downward Claws - Whilst dangling from above, mercilessly claw your enemies.

Swing - Swing into your enemies from above.

Drop Swing - Swing and drop onto your enemies from above.

Slam - Jump on-top of your enemies to slam them into the ground.

Wall Slam - Jump from a wall and slam into your enemies.

Charge - Charge at your enemies to knock them over.

Down And Out - Trample your enemies whilst they are down.

Scurry - Daze and confuse your enemies by scurrying quickly. Leaves your enemies momentarily stunned.

Mad Scurry - A wilder scurry delivers painful fast claw slashes, your enemies won’t know what hit them.

Drop - Scurry onto the ceiling and drop down on your enemies from above.

Pull Up - Whilst above your enemies, pull them up towards you using your web and deliver some brutal slashes.

Dangle- Whilst above your enemies, attach them to your web and leave them dangling in the air like a puppet.

Acid Spill - Rain acid down on your enemies from above.

Arachne’s Devil Trigger

Arachne will briefly call upon the assistance of Phantom, who will lay waste to all surrounding enemies with similar but much more powerful/deadlier attacks.

DeamonslayeR

Thanks, I'm glad you liked my ideas =) Yeah perhaps so, I haven't really thought about it yet. I'm working on other ideas at the moment, I'll touch up on the story at a later date and bare this idea in mind =)

The graphics would have to fit the Anime, as I think I mentioned earlier. So they'd be cel-shaded definitely.

To begin with, I have a list of attacks for Abyss and Arachne (More will probably be added).

Abyss' Attacks

Breath Of Fire - Breathe flaming hot fire onto your enemies.

Flaming Inferno - Send your enemies flying into the air, with an uppercut srtled move with your scythe.

Dancing With Flames - Conjure flames around you to shield yourself from enemy attacks. Enemies will be burnt if they come too close.

Cinder Hinder - Raise the room temperature to a ridiculous scale to make your enemies drowsy and then attack when they are less mobile.

Arachne’s Attacks

Slash - Slash enemies with your claws.

Web-Shot - Fire a strong web at your enemies to momentarily render them immobile.

Discharge - Fire web blasts at your enemies.

Arachnid - Release baby spiders to lay carnage to surrounding enemies.

Pierce - Pierce enemies by extending the sharp hairs on your body.

Venom Spit - Spit venom at your enemies from your fangs.

Devour - Savagely bite your enemies to death.

Feed - Grab enemies whilst dangling from above and brutally attack them with your fangs.

Feast - Release baby spiders to add more to your bite.

Downward Claws - Whilst dangling from above, mercilessly claw your enemies.

Swing - Swing into your enemies from above.

Drop Swing -Swing and drop onto your enemies from above.

Slam - Jump on-top of your enemies to slam them into the ground.

Wall Slam - Jump from a wall and slam into your enemies.

Charge - Charge at your enemies to knock them over.

Down And Out - Trample your enemies whilst they are down.

Scurry - Daze and confuse your enemies by scurrying quickly. Leaves your enemies momentarily stunned.

Mad Scurry - A wilder scurry delivers painful fast claw slashes, your enemies won’t know what hit them.

Drop - Scurry onto the ceiling and drop down on your enemies from above.

Pull Up - Whilst above your enemies, pull them up towards you using your web and deliver some brutal slashes.

Dangle- Whilst above your enemies, attach them to your web and leave them dangling in the air like a puppet.

Acid Spill - Rain acid down on your enemies from above.

Arachne’s Devil Trigger

Arachne will briefly call upon the assistance of Phantom, who will lay waste to all surrounding enemies with similar but much more powerful/deadlier attacks.
there seems to be no end to the awesomeness.really like arachne's moves i really wished once to play him :)

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
@LoD
I went through your every posts here (posts?? I should rather be calling them IDEAS) and you know what I have to say about them..... NOTHING.. I'M SPEECHLESS.. Devil's Brawl and Monster Mash-up.. I'm starting to like them already !!!

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
right now ive gotta ask........who the two ppl that voted maybe?:confused:

Well people have the right to select those options, otherwise they wouldn't be there. Doesn't bother me either way, it's their opinion. Besides, at least they didn't say no right? A maybe means a possible yes at the same time as a possible no, which is better than a definite no (But not better than a definite yes) lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom