• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 5 ? 2015?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
There would only be a competition if some outside force makes a fuss, like when IGN tried to fabricate a competition between Dark Souls and Skyrim :/

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
A DMC 5 isn't impossible. Honestly, I see the upcoming DMC 4 special edition and DmC definitive edition as sort of a test for capcom. Which one will sell better? If DMC 4 flounders, then capcom will most likely see the classic series as dead, and focus on DmC. The opposite is also true, but if they BOTH sell very well (which I think will be the case) then a future sequal for both series could very well happen.

scionicspectre

I see very little logical reason why people could feel alienated if they were releasing things from both universes simultaneously, honestly. That is literally an "Everyone is happy" scenario. Plus, it's completely doable since Ninja Theory would handle DmC development while an internal team at Capcom would handle classic development. No real spreading itself thin, well, except for maybe Itsuno, but he can always hire a proxy he trusts :p

It's completely doable if there's enough manpower, yeah. The real question is if there's enough money to secure that manpower.

I think Ninja Theory is a studio that always wants to try something new and different to challenge themselves- I don't see them being too enthusiastic about making DmC 2 after Hellblade. Capcom, on the other hand, might see investment in new IPs as a risk, so it's probably more likely they would develop DMC 5. Even still, it's not all that likely, just more likely than DmC 2 from where I'm standing. Sad as it is to say, DmC might go the same way as the Prince of Persia reboot- both were set up for an obvious sequel, but they may never get them. Let's just hope that if DMC 5 becomes a thing, it's nothing like Forgotten Sands. ;)

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Look, I'd just be glad if Capcom or Ninja theory finished the DmC story with a webcomic or a webnovel so that we can move on with DMC5.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I'm fine with ninja theory doing their own thing and not franchise of different people

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I'm completely fine with them doing their too good thing somewhere far away from other studios and franchises.

HandsomePeanut

Satan Claus
I highly doubt we'll get a DMC5 this year. An announcement wouldn't surprise me - frankly, a DmC2 announcement would surprise me more with NT's work on Hellblade and lack of work on sequels in the past - but a release is doubtful.

DMC is a big franchise for Capcom; not RE, MM or SF big, but a big name nonetheless. They'd want to advertise it - something I just don't see reasonably happening in the time frame of this year. Next year or 2017 would be a better release date time frame.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
We've barely gotten any details on the f@cking remaster of DMC4...a game that's only confirmed feature "new" feature is the sorta-maybe-possible allusion to something to do with Vergil.

And I'm supposed to believe that the next entry in the series is around the corner, too? I wish I lived in the same fantasy realm as these dizzy dreamers.

HandsomePeanut

Satan Claus
We've barely gotten any details on the f@cking remaster of DMC4...a game that's only confirmed feature "new" feature is the sorta-maybe-possible allusion to something to do with Vergil.

We don't have any information besides the Vergil teaser, but that's not to say we won't get any more information than that.

One can assume that there will be a playable Vergil at the least. Call them what you want, but Capcom isn't that stupid. An addition of an extra character - this isn't even to say an extra campaign - is a significant addition for a remaster. One can also assume LDK and turbo mode will be added. It's not like this is just a straight port. Things will be added.

I don't believe DMC5 is coming this year. Not only is it a stupid business move (there would be too little advertisement) but it's just improbable. But it's not an impossibility for an announcement. Itsuno doesn't appear to be working on any known projects at the moment, it's been a while since we got a proper DMC game (2013 with the reboot), and DMC is a significant (not so much in recent years, but still a biggish name) Capcom brand. It's not that impossible.

I'm not saying it couldn't also be a DmC2 announcement but I kind of doubt that NT is ready for that just yet. First off - they're working on Hellblade. Second off - they've said they're not working on a sequel at the moment. Lastly - NT has never done a sequel before; they seem like a company that prefers to work on new and original titles. Capcom doesn't even seem to want that: they've denounced outsourcing to western companies and, as of now, DmC hasn't hit the 2mil mark and Capcom hasn't revoked that policy yet (this is entirely different debate all together, so I just wanted noted I don't think it's a smart policy).

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Actually Capcom IS that stupid. Their greed and lack of creativity will make them shot themselves in the leg over and over.

Dominus

And I'm supposed to believe that the next entry in the series is around the corner, too? I wish I lived in the same fantasy realm as these dizzy dreamers.
They are remastering a DMC game from 2008, of course a new Devil May Cry is coming out. Why else would they bother bringing that back from the dead along with DmC if a new DMC wasn't in production. Plus we don't know what Itsuno has been working on after Dragon's Dogma launched, because he didn't work on the Expansion for the game (Dark Arisen or w/e). So basically since 2013 sometime either Itsuno has been working on DMC4:SE for 1.5-2 years, and/or DMC5 is in development. So yah brace yourselves it's coming.

scionicspectre

I have to back up WolfOD64 on this one. No one but a diehard DMC fan would have the motivation to believe something like this is inevitable.

I think one easy reason for them to bring Devil May Cry 4 'back from the dead' is to make some money off of old-school fans with very little investment in development. Given the timing, I'd say it's a decent marketing tactic to rile up fans of both canons and get people outbuying each other with, again, little investment.

Even if you ignore Capcom's shady business tactics over the past while, anyone involved in game development would tell you that there is a lot more involved in the question of a new mainline title, remasters notwithstanding. On top of that, they would still have to take DmC's impact into consideration when pursuing a more traditional title. A new DMC is far from certain, and it would probably be the most difficult DMC to create.

HandsomePeanut

Satan Claus
A new DMC is far from certain, and it would probably be the most difficult DMC to create.

Why do you think this? Gameplay wise it wouldn't - the mechanics already have a solid foundation with 4. Storywise it wouldn't either - there is a whole cast of characters and a big question mark with Nero's origins. Sales numbers wise it wouldn't - hate to be that guy, but DMC4 sold better than DmC (and yes, DMC4 has been out longer than DmC but at this point they've both been out for awhile and they're sales have pretty much dropped off). I really don't see this point.

Top Bottom