• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 5 ? 2015?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Adding something into an older game with its new edition that hints at another installment. The Kingdom Hearts Final Mix versions are pretty much notorious for them now, haha.

I can somehow see Vergil's inclusion in DMC4:se as having a spark for a DCM5.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
That may be. Though Kingdom Hearts implied at continuity even without final mixs. They all strangely enough were build with sequel in mind...only to make fans wait for another 10 years for it :shifty:

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
True, although the Final Mixes did add information that is mentioned in the sequels. That was actually sort of annoying, when they referenced stuff in Kingdom Hearts 2 that was only in the first Final Mix. "WHAT IS THAT?! I DON'T REMEMBER THAT?!" Not the most conducive thing to do in a franchise built around it's already fairly convoluted story :/

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
True, although the Final Mixes did add information that is mentioned in the sequels. That was actually sort of annoying, when they referenced stuff in Kingdom Hearts 2 that was only in the first Final Mix. "WHAT IS THAT?! I DON'T REMEMBER THAT?!" Not the most conducive thing to do in a franchise built around it's already fairly convoluted story :/
Throwing story across 3 -4 platforms and building spinoffs instead of continuity didn't helped either T_T Neither is this

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Well, Square is really silly like that. They wanna stick to their schedule, despite what people may know >.< Like they kept promising a surprise in Dissidia 012, but we already knew it was Tifa because someone got footage of her out of a closed event :p

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Well, Square is really silly like that. They wanna stick to their schedule, despite what people may know >.< Like they kept promising a surprise in Dissidia 012, but we already knew it was Tifa because someone got footage of her out of a closed event :p
Well only way they stray from dates is by delaying game over and over ... I remember that announcement of FFXII in 2000...and 3 year delay >_> Well hopefully they release KH3 and FINALLY put an end to at least one arc in it.

scionicspectre

I suppose this is related to DMC 4 in that it would be a direct sequel, but are we sure this thread wouldn't make more sense in General Discussion?

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
I think they may use Vergil's campaign in DMC4 SE as a starting point rather than the whole game, but I guess I can dream of the whole game being juiced up to the original vision.

After all, we have no idea when the DMC4 SE is gonna release and we don't know how long they've been working on it since it's tease reveal and I highly doubt it'll take a year to make Vergil playable through the main DMC4 campaign or Bloody Palace even with Capcom being so stunningly terrible these days, so I think DMC4: SE is gonna be getting a big treatment with the amount of dev time it has.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Im not against a DMC5 but I rather they take their time with it and not jump the gun like they did with DMC2 or rush it out like DMC4 so I dont mind waiting till 2017 for a great DMC5.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
When do you think they'll announce it? Next year? I don't think they'll do so now that DMC4SE is only half a year (or so) away.

scionicspectre

I don't think they'd announce anything until the excitement surrounding both DmC: Definitive Edition and Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition is over. Either that, or they'd leave some sort of teaser in the Special Edition itself and clarify it either with the game's release or a while later (to give us something to speculate about).

Either way, I'm definitely not keeping my hopes up. There's plenty of Devil May Cry to go around for years even if we never get another one.

Devil Player

They won't reveal or confirm DMC 5 until they see DmC DE and DMC 4 SE numbers...

If DmC flops or underperforms and DMC 4 SE sells more, I'm positive they'll confirm DMC 5. If DmC DE surprises, maybe I see Capcom thinking about DmC 2.

Now, if both games sell well, then I'm not sure. There is a risk because they might alienate fans by releasing sequels for different universes at the same time.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I see very little logical reason why people could feel alienated if they were releasing things from both universes simultaneously, honestly. That is literally an "Everyone is happy" scenario. Plus, it's completely doable since Ninja Theory would handle DmC development while an internal team at Capcom would handle classic development. No real spreading itself thin, well, except for maybe Itsuno, but he can always hire a proxy he trusts :p

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I see very little logical reason why people could feel alienated if they were releasing things from both universes simultaneously, honestly. That is literally an "Everyone is happy" scenario. Plus, it's completely doable since Ninja Theory would handle DmC development while an internal team at Capcom would handle classic development. No real spreading itself thin, well, except for maybe Itsuno, but he can always hire a proxy he trusts :p

Maybe super classic fans don't want competition and Capcom putting more work into DmC then to DMC.

Top Bottom