• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition News & Updates

berto

I Saw the Devil
fopamj.jpg

Dante's best Friend

When brothers are united demons should run
www. capcom.co .jp/ devil4se got updated(without the spaces in-between)

includes description of Echidna, Super Vergil, new information on Lady and the new outfits for Nero, Dante and Vergil

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
So in a quick brief. What's new in the special edition to the original?
For all we know;
-Playable Vergil, Lady and Trish. Vergil plays the whole campaign on his own while Lady&Trish shares it like Nero&Dante
-Opening and ending cutscenes for each new game mode(Vergil Game, Lady&Trish Game, in total 4 new cutscene)
-One alternate costume and one palette swap for each character(Lady&Trish's alt. costumes are pre-order bonuses though and will be sold separately after release)
-Improved textures and visual effects
-Speed is now activated instantly
-Autosave feature
-Proud Souls are earned faster now
-New concept arts
-Slightly tweaked gameplay
-Steam achievements and trading cards for PC
This is all the confirmed stuff. There might be some more Capcom didn't announce yet.

DanteSparda08

The mind is stronger than any muscle in your body.

These achievements/trophies look promising especially the last one "Wrath of The Raging Demon Hunter" is going to specifically accessible to Vergil, since his Judgement Cut End is the only move apart from Dante's Pandora moveset that'll be able to take down more than 10 Enemies in a second.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Tweets from the japanese DMC account and CapcomTV announce an upcoming stream. From what I got from Google Translate, they're gonna show Lady gameplay and, quote on quote from the translator, "additional costume information of Dante". Maybe a separate moveset for his Sparda form? I dunno what else "additional information" could be.

kbcfmu.png

Here's the link to the stream, with the countdown to when it starts:

Blazer-X

So based on the new Dante livestream: There's no official Super Sparda or Super Corrupted Vergil. What we are getting instead is the ability to "carry over" our costume for Super Dante, Nero, or Vergil. Not quite as interesting, but at least it gives us some more options to dress what we want while using super characters.

The lack of super Lady and Trish makes me think: they really are an after thought, aren't they?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Guys, please note that this thread is for news reporting only, not for commenting, as the opening post clearly says. Every post that is not a news report will be deleted, so it's pointless to express comments/opinions here.

Top Bottom