• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition News & Updates

DarkSlayerZero

DMC1 Dante>>>>>>2-4
gameinformer apparently says this

"Don't count on a lot of extra story content for Vergil (or Lady or Trish), You get some brief prologue and epilogue scenes, but not the explicit "I am your father" moment that some fans are probably hoping for."

berto

I Saw the Devil
Unless you got a source on that, you shouldn't post things you just heard. Random sourceless statements is not something that goes in a news thread. No offense
I have the magazine. It does, in fact, say that in the article. If you want specifics it's GameInformer #266, page 72 under the last paragraph of Vergil's description.

incneet

I'll show how to use the power!!!
New Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition screenshots show off new playable characters and more

DMC4-Special-Edition-4.jpg

DMC4-Special-Edition-1.jpg

DMC4-Special-Edition-2.jpg

1080722962.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

incneet

I'll show how to use the power!!!
interview with Mr. ITsuno Hideaki and Fujii producer
Thirty-second times Devil is walk the road to Makai (prequel)

Well everyone, also released in the countdown finally June 18 (Thursday), e-Capcom Limited Edition "Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition" is, Is already reserved? Dante, Trish, ready to eat in the play pizza, the motif of the box, the soundtrack CD and additional costumes, such as the booklet "Production Notes", crammed in benefits packed, this commodity.

folklore_img32_1.jpg

folklore_img32_2.jpg
Dining scene in the handyman "Devil May Cry", do you remember everyone?​

If you have not booked yet, by all means, please try to book with e-Capcom!

So, to introduce the history of Capcom "Capcom legend".
This theme is "Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition" is!
folklore_img32_3.jpg

[Director talks of "Devil May Cry" and "essence"!?]

Well, previous Capcom legend the first 29-30 times, "blue and red of Majin of the Story" in, and history commentary of "Devil May Cry" , with respect to the "Special Edition", I gave an interview to Fujii producer. And this time, "Devil May Cry" series foster parent, "2" and later serve all of the director Mr. ITsuno Hideaki. appeared! Fujii producer with, and the history of this "special edition" production, I was told with respect to Characters. Ultra-precious story full is! Here we go!

- "Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition" of this time, in addition to Virgil, Trish, Lady added and, it was volume basis impression that "large increase". Do this three person added, it would had been assumed from the very beginning?

ITsuno:
Actually in the first planning stage, were not Trish and Lady I.

- For example, do you do that so?

folklore_img32_4.jpg
That initially had no plans to add as a player character, Trish & Lady.
It is surprising now become.​

Fujii: I, did not think so player character increases it but I do (laughs).
Originally it was planned to create a "Special Edition" Nero, in three players character plus Virgil to Dante.
Development as well, because it was spring will be released in 2015, it is assumed that it is possible in the limited period of time, we went into the production.

ITsuno:
However, as a result of looking at the maximum that you could do in within budget period, if meet the demand of the fans will be put also Lady Trish , and is screwed. Yourself, if this period can be in the room but I thought I had (laughs).

- (Laughs). This time, in the part of "Special Edition", a story specific part is I was wondering whether the additional there is no but, set in Fortuna from Lady and Trish is broke up with Dante in store handyman "Devil May Cry" and flow of up to, such as the relationship between Vergil and old Fortuna, also a story surface I had an impression that are substantial. Its sides, at the time of making a "4", what had been assumed?

ITsuno:
"4" at the time of production, it did not specifically contemplated by. However, since the ready and Trish are involved in the story was a time of "4", switch there, this time to try to draw a story in the women's point of view and I'm incorporating, and. Originally, the movie scene was only budget of Virgil minute but I, Lady it's that way, Trish can each movie is added, that is, to mobilize the knowledge and Tonchi of staff (laughs), women It also has been incorporated in the movie scene.

folklore_img32_5.jpg
Lady in the movie.
Such as Ri of hair and collar relief also finely is very detail, It is high quality!​

Fujii: even action scenes in the cut scene, but I was supposed to be fairly modest, when viewed from the rear, the producer basis is increased considerably I have been.

- Vergil, Trish, with the addition of Lady, do you ever try?

ITsuno:
Trish in the same way when the "Devil May Cry 2", and I can make cheaper because the same movement as Dante, and will be given a lie , it was decided to add (laughs). Lady, likewise, in the heavy weapons the diversion of Dante and Nero of movement, wire action to become also add, it is easy because incorporate the movement of the Nero of Snatch, and, this also will be given a lie by adding. Behind-the-scenes work that you want to add this character was the very (laughs). However, the player character is 5 character Some, somewhere Similar would I games often come out characters, but "at least, will not be in such a game in the numbering of the Devil" is determined to heart and, there are different completely As will become how to play, it was adjusted.

folklore_img32_6.jpg
Wire shot of Lady.
Of her fight in the firearms center, it will be another weapon.​

Fujii: This time, the five players character is how differentiation, either to the sharp had character , was the liver place called.
Well, do not become this short period of time and pointed was the game so far, I think.
Since it becomes a completely different way to play for each character, and I want you to look at there.

- Ready is the only purely "human" character is in this five people. With nature, or it will become a character to use in the center of the gun, so I think character of firearms center that's the first time the character is in the "Devil May Cry", there was the difficulty to be made in the side?

folklore_img32_7.jpg
5 people, Lady is the only "human".
Around the firearm, we will fight with the devil.​

ITsuno: Lady because really completely different play, really it is fun to try out I think.
It means that the battle of long distance center, the adjustment was really hard.
When you made the "Devil May Cry 2", but I was adjusted to strengthen the gun, Then, it becomes to somehow become the game just to release Bukkake the gun I.
She is not the first time become a player character, but that it is to become a battle of the firearms center, the "Carina Ann" as long as the fire in the distance OK, that "away" so as not to character, adjusted struggling It was.

Fujii: short-range, medium-range, gun suitable for long distance, respectively
, but I have a, because there is a proper distance of attack judgment, a powerful long-range attack, may be if shoot even at close range, and I do not in the character of I think. In addition, long distance. Therefore reservoir attack, it can not move while is saving. So also for measuring the distance of the brain also play with the enemy in the Inclusive, it is an important point in the fight.

folklore_img32_8.jpg
Not only Karina Ann, is the Lady of the style of fight with a variety of gun!​

- I see. How about with respect to Trish?

ITsuno: She regard to, also we took a different approach.
Based on Dante which requires fairly complex operation, centered on command derivation, we play a more easy and handy style change and weapons changeover was so.

folklore_img32_9.jpg
Trish for assembling a battle in the combo center.
It is adjusted fairly easy to handle.​

Fujii: Personally, "weapon switching" is a symbol of the play of the "Devil May Cry", one of the main (Kaname) So, to cut it from the operation, it was subject to drastic impression.

ITsuno:
Again Dante, because it is it is difficult to master fine (laughs). To say, or did not want to feel that you play handy to automatic. So, at the command derivation, it has to be able to select the weapon switching and styles change.Quite gently, to enjoy the exhilaration of "Devil May Cry" I think that has been adjusted to the character. Since this is the do in Dante itself was difficult, I will have fulfilled the part precisely because Trish.

- Would you like regarding Vergil?

folklore_img32_10.jpg
Vergil fighting around the Iaido.
Violence of the power is, Ukagaemasu also from the screen!​

ITsuno: Virgil may be a ... development "ceiling is not visible" to you, but use the phrase, Virgil is exactly the ceiling invisible, how to play of depth is, I think that became a character that can not be seen the bottom.
when after previous users played for the first time in seven years, so that you can experience unchanged the exhilaration even without rehabilitation, we have to adjust to stronger feelings.
Such as die soon as eat a big attack, while there is also a little challenging high part, embodies the coolness is Sibi because I think, please enjoy there.
This time, because the character of the adjustment has been thorough, even in enemy of the same arrangement, by the character selection, is Husband enjoy a completely different game.

folklore_img32_11.jpg
Vergil vs. Belial!
"Special Edition" unique, it is a dream of confrontation!​

[Characters who of the essence? ]

- this time, but will be the form that you can use five characters as a player character, for each of the characters, ITsuno san and Fujii-san, how you are whether you Deki ask capture? First Virgil would you like?

folklore_img32_12.jpg
Dante's twin brother, Virgil.
Also a brother, the way of life is quite different.​

ITsuno: Virgil, the character that is pursuing a purely "strength" It is.
Really it otherwise, it may be the what for him, it does not have even interested.
On the other hand, to is greedy with respect to strength, there is also a pride that has the strongest magic swordsman father, say anything if stronger , it is human beings.
Even for Dante, at that point "different from you" you will not have thought that.

Fujii: Virgil is rather than have to look down the Dante, because the direction in which you are living different, "you and different is a way of life" that, I think he feels strongly.

folklore_img32_13.jpg

Virgil linearly Is has also been expressed in the attack.
Its strength is origami with.​

- Would you like regarding Nero?

folklore_img32_14.jpg
Here this time of the "Special Edition" limited, prototype costume version is Nero!​

ITsuno: Nero, still unfinished It is what.
He also places a madcap to age, the wear on the Dante of "3" I.
However, Dante and the difference is purely move for Kyrie and I are in action principle because.
There is there is also a place close to the Virgil, it's a stoic.
Not a layer portion is a "Uzee I," "spear do not want", if any good.
Dante is "Ska was the dashing" If is, Nero is more purely "dashing" of closer, It is easy character to understand the feelings.

folklore_img32_15.jpg
Nero in snatch triggered.
The right hand of ability will be the key to the case of "4".​

- In turn, Dante would you like?

folklore_img32_16.jpg
Dante of "4".
Was past the rambunctious time of "3", I feel calm.​

ITsuno: Dante also, but I think a long time ago there was a Nero specific time, with regard to the Dante of "4",coolness with adult allowance of 30's , it has put out a strong part of.
Or rather round around man of margin, I had Gattsui to woman in their 20s, it is not a feeling that it was Gattsui about when young now. Want themselves the goal, seasoned coolness is a character that had a part, called. High ●'s specific Junji, or rather.

Fujii:
Takada ● Is Next's (laughs). Just of voice actor talk But it's the same topic was out. Morikawa (Tomoyuki) san, good brackets you want to target as an adult is was said, a place called.

ITsuno:
Morikawa's Dante's voice actor is, I think I'm almost the same age as me.

Fujii:
On the contrary, Ishikawa (Sakaihito) 's Nero auditors, Manma its really, including the generation Nero, in the impression that, "may be Kurere as it is played," and, I asked at the time of recording (laughs).

- Voice actor is, I is that has been linked to pat and Characterization. It is interesting!

folklore_img32_17.jpg

Astringency has increased "4" Dante.
Words of Japanese also must listen!

... Well, this time up to this!

Next time, development views on Trish and Lady (!?) and, as the origin of the action game "Devil May Cry", feel the weight of history of Capcom critical remarks ITsuno san!? sequel June 11 (Thurs. ) is an update schedule. Please look forward to it !!

incneet: i used google translator. I hope that is understandable :)

source: http://www.capcom.co.jp/game/content/?p=18942&redirect_stop=1

Top Bottom