• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition for Next Gen

XM.

To everyone who's waiting for Special Edition:
Donguri990 edited a DMC4 Dante playthrough in a short video, celebrating the SE announcement
<Those boss fights>,:woot:
INCREDIBLE!

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
You mean a PS4/One port of the HD Collection?

No. If they are going to make another port for the HD Collection I want more than just the games as they were, I already have that for the PS2, PS3 and 360. If they are going to up the ante, that's a different story, then I want my money's worth, like all that good stuff you'd want out of the original games.

Except DMC1. I only want three things to change from DMC1.

I wouldn't mind another port for the old franchise but I think eventually the two PS4 editions are gonna be sold together so I'll settle for that.

I am fond of the idea for a full remake with more bang for your buck but I rather they start with the beginning with DMC1 working towards 4.

but that might be too time-consuming or ambitious.

Cranberry

Maker of cookies
I wouldnt mind if capcom gets some new blood to write DMC but the issue would be whether or not they would respect whats come before with the lore and such.

thats the issue some people with Bingo's work on the franchise since most of the contradictions and inconsistencies people moan about started with DMC3 since it went backwards in the timeline etc.

But then again there were a lot of good ideas for 4(check out Gel's thread for more info).

Where is that thread?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I wouldn't mind a scene that has patty from the anime make an appearance. It doesn't have to be a physical appearance, it could be just them talking on the phone.

Outside of making the series less disjointed, her reappearance could end the whole timeline confusion since she was about 9 in the anime. If she reappears as a 13-17 year old etc that would tell you how much time has passed between the game and the anime.

Dominus

I wouldn't mind a scene that has patty from the anime make an appearance. It doesn't have to be a physical appearance, it could be just them talking on the phone.

Outside of making the series less disjointed, her reappearance could end the whole timeline confusion since she was about 9 in the anime. If she reappears as a 13-17 year old etc that would tell you how much time has passed between the game and the anime.
Oh god she made the anime unbearable... Don't remind me please. I wonder who's great idea was it to pair a demon hunter with a little girl (well I guess he's more of a babysitter). It's like they knew DMC4's story was going to be bad so they didn't want to overshadow that...

Reactions: Gel

Viper

Premium
Oh god she made the anime unbearable... Don't remind me please. I wonder who's great idea was it to pair a demon hunter with a little girl (well I guess he's more of a babysitter). It's like they knew DMC4's story was going to be bad so they didn't want to overshadow that...
It's an anime standard, tough guy and screeching girl, kind of a play on father-daughter thing.
Patty had a purpose in first episode and at the end, and I guess to paint a bigger picture on Modeus, but otherwise she really was a pain in the ass.

Dominus

It's an anime standard, tough guy and screeching girl, kind of a play on father-daughter thing.
Patty had a purpose in first episode and at the end, and I guess to paint a bigger picture on Modeus, but otherwise she really was a pain in the ass.
They also did the whole Dante is always poor trope (and fails to collect money from most jobs) too, like in Outlaw Star and Cowboy Bebop. You'd think the Son of Sparda could make more money from hunting demons than a mere human (Lady).. They even emphasized this in DMC4 too, which kind of made me cringe...

Viper

Premium
They also did the whole Dante is always poor trope (and fails to collect money from most jobs) too, like in Outlaw Star and Cowboy Bebop. You'd think the Son of Sparda could make more money from hunting demons than a mere human (Lady).. They even emphasized this in DMC4 too, which kind of made me cringe...
They did try to justify it by severe property damage he does (and he was just looking for orbs...) and the huge debt to both Lady and Morrison, only succeeded in making people hate Lady for being money-hungry. Well, that's fiction for you, there is only so much ideas they can come up with.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I dislike both the anime and 4 but neither are as bad as NG3( that is a straight up mess). There were some good ideas in both but the writers didn't do a good job with it.

Patty wasnt even the biggest problem in the anime as it was Dante. He was just so dull it was a task just to get through the episodes the first time. Hell the only episode worth rewatching is the Johnny somebody episode, were we follow some joe schmo trying to ask his girl out.

When some random schmuck is more compelling than your main character you know you got a problem. That's why 4 is better than the anime because it gives you someone to care about instead of Dante. Nero maybe stereotypical and half-baked but at least he is a someone you care about.

DMC is a simple story told in a confusing and sloppy way so that's some people were OK with the idea of a reboot. So if you wanna continue with the classics, you gotta be willing to make lemons out of lemonade.

Just ignoring your mistakes solves nothing, thats why we got in this mess in the first place. Nero would have had an easier time getting accepted had they just resolved DMC2 in DMC3 rather than jumping back and forth with 3/4.

That would have been the easiest way to bring Nero. Just make him Dante's kid and have him meet Lucia following the end of 2(much more effective than what they did.) But they didnt and now we have all these to figure out.

So rather then tossing him aside lets fix him and learn from these mistakes. Otherwise there is no point wasting my money on this.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Isn't that just the equivalent of trinity smash?

They are only similar in the sense that they are triple damage attacks. But Trinity Smash is a straightforward attack, while Real Impact is an uppercut that goes up.
Also, the guy in the video is using Distortion, which is a glitch that consists of dramatically increasing damage if you activate DT at a very precise moment during a move. Distorted Real Impact is one of the most powerful (if not the most powerful) move in the game, it literally destroys enemies. But DT needs to be timed perfectly, or you will just deal normal damage and waste DT gauge.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
They are only similar in the sense that they are triple damage attacks. But Trinity Smash is a straightforward attack, while Real Impact is an uppercut that goes up.
Also, the guy in the video is using Distortion, which is a glitch that consists of dramatically increasing damage if you activate DT at a very precise moment during a move. Distorted Real Impact is one of the most powerful (if not the most powerful) move in the game, it literally destroys enemies. But DT needs to be timed perfectly, or you will just deal normal damage and waste DT gauge.

Sooo...Trinity Smash with a DT at the right time.

Top Bottom