• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition for Next Gen

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I rather prefer a new game or in the case of 4 a full remake since some of those rumors Gel posted about DMC4 were awesome but it brought back interest in the franchise, not only in me but in others as well so that's a good thing to have.

Before I would have chosen DmC over DMC4 because I was not a fan of how nero was brought in and things like that but DmC also dissapointed me so right now I'll be ok with whatever they do as long as it captures my interest again.

Continuing with DMC4 over DmC feels more probable since they are more likely to do it in house and NT has moved on to different things. I would be ****ed tho if they revealed DmC was always meant to be a one off tho because that proves how asinine Capcom is.

right now im a wait and see but im not gonna buy either of them for the full price.

RebeledgeYamato

I don't believe there will be two individual canon's with Devil May Cry. Capcom went through a lot of trouble to make this reboot work. Luckily the fans made their opinion's known about what they felt was best. After all money talks. Right now DmC is stuck in an unclear direction more than Sony's Amazing Spider-Man movie franchise. That's pretty much where we are at. I hate to sound like elitist snob but Capcom to me appear as though they are trying to weigh their future on only one game. Not that I know how much money a triple A game costs, but they are in no position to adopt a separate entry when these games themselves are outlandishly expensive to create. That and the reports that the company only has 152 million dollars in the bank are true.

Right now Ninja Theory is making HellBlade for the PS4 and maybe for other consoles which will keep them busy from another entry into DmC at least for a while. At best DmC did work as a What If? type of one off.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Playing DMC4 again today has got me pumped for this Special version. I mean I was already happy about it, but more so now! I still love Nero and his gameplay so if they tweek his balances hopefully isn't by much. Nero is just SO much fun to play as. (I like his gameplay more than Dante's because he has less weapons. Easier to remember his movements)
All I gotta is Dark Slayer Style is gonna get a broader move set! (I would assume!)

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I just hope Vergil runs Dante through for dancing around in confetti...

... Also, for using the lucifer swords (which should've been his weapon, by the way) as a way to express his carnal desire.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Vergil doesn't need dance moves to use lucifer. He'd just insult his enemies while tearing them apart.

"Unstoppable!"

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I swear you read one thread on this forum, you've read them all.
It's really just coming up with new reasons to give others a hard time, that's all.
I rather prefer a new game or in the case of 4 a full remake since some of those rumors Gel posted about DMC4 were awesome but it brought back interest in the franchise, not only in me but in others as well so that's a good thing to have.
Yes. Please. Just remake the whole thing while integrating Vergil into the story and leave the goofier aspects of the game completely out of it this time.

Last edited:

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
im hoping and praying that there is allot more Vergil content in the game then just the two cutscenes in DMC3:SE. they can also clear the confusion surrounding Vergil being Nero's dad and detailing the events of Nero getting the devil bringer at which point he hears a voice echo "power. give me more power." and why his DT looks so much like Nelo Angelo. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THIS IS DRIVING ME NUTS.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Stylish Nero: You could of quite easily of made your point without the needless name calling. Besides even so, the points you and Chancey were making weren't even related to this thrread's purpose. Also if you think that the word prick isn't going to show because of the swear filter, don't just shove a * where the 'i' is meant to be. Because it's annoy*ng, and we've warned about this sort of thing before.

SPARTAN-1000

NO PAIN NO GAIN
I i am not a big fan of female characters , BUT if there is a female video game character i really wanna use its Trish , she looks like a lot of fun to use and Smexy

Dante should get agni and rudra back and the SPARDA sword imagine transforming this weapon from a scythe to a spear , it really fits Dante

I hope the graphics LOOK improved on PS4

Frazz

General gamer
I was just thinking that the DmC DE has an extra cutscene - how awesome would it be if it were a DMC4 SE gameplay trailer? Capcom has said that DMC4 SE info is 'a bit down the line' so perhaps it's been put into the completion of DmC DE. That probably won't be the case but it'd be sweet if they did do that imo!

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I was just thinking that the DmC DE has an extra cutscene - how awesome would it be if it were a DMC4 SE gameplay trailer? Capcom has said that DMC4 SE info is 'a bit down the line' so perhaps it's been put into the completion of DmC DE. That probably won't be the case but it'd be sweet if they did do that imo!
I think they said the extra cutscene is a cutscene that was cut from the original game they now decided to add in.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

I'm not against the trailer being apart of the game but i dont want it to be the cut-scene they were marketing since it wouldn't feel right as they are two separate universes/canons.

Yes. Please. Just remake the whole thing while integrating Vergil into the story and leave the goofier aspects of the game completely out of it this time.

You could always course correct DMC4 by making DMC5 answer all these questions but it could be easier just to remake 4 and 2 from the ground up to rectify these mistakes and give 5 more room to breath.

TonyRedgraveDMC

My expectations (not my hopes) are that it will get the typical HD face-lift, a little modification to overall gameplay and combat, 2 opening cutscenes for Vergil, missions 1-20 for Vergil / if we're a little lucky, 13 missions for Vergil and 7 for someone else (like Trish/Gloria hopefully) a secret movie, maybe the "History of DMC" thing may be a whole lot more cohesive, a slick menu like DMC3:SE, and that's about it. The couple "maybe could happen, I'd slightly expect it" things for me are the playable Trish/Gloria and maybe a "Vergil's Downfall" inspired short story mode for Vergil (very few missions) with SOME impactful insight into Fortuna/Sparda/Vergil/Nero/Order of the Sword and maaaaybe Gilgamesh/Pandora/Lucifer for Vergil and even leeeeess likely boss battles for Vergil fighting the demons those devil arms came from. Oh, and I'm generally convinced we will get at least 1-2 practical costumes for Dante, Nero, and probably Vergil.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Hey! Hold your horses, boys and gals!I know everybody is ecstatic about this, but this is not a DMC4 remake, it's JUST a DMC4 SE, so I don't believe they will put such inputs into the game.
And now my bet:
Vergil's story mode would be just Vergil's downfall and his story will be something like this:
Vergil was a family's man with a newborn child.His wife( ...bla, bla, bla) got killed in a demonic attack, Vergil just could save his baby boy.He sees his past being "thrown" in the present and this triggered a guttural answer: he needs more power ( bla, bla, bla).
Vergil's story will ending when he meets Arkham for the very first time.
About having other characters playable...hmm, not really, since they are irrelevant to Vergil.
BUT... you knows!

>>Yamato<<

Vergil's sword and #1 fan!
Me: *hyperventilating*
Friend: Woah! Calm down!
Me:Youcantstopmyfangasmsonceithasalreadybegun! AH!
Friend: Take a deep breath--
Me: No! Must go preorder what's-it-called! *rides away on cerberus*
Friend: You're so excited that you dont't remember what the game is called?
Me: Yeah I do! It'a called "Devil May Cry 4 Bringing Sexy Back!"

Gray Knight

Yeah I'm playing the console version of DMC4 makes me wish their super costume was like the one I heard the PC version got (MAX-act automatically).
I hear people say they expect a few new costumes but what costumes would you guys want?
I kind of want to see Nero dressed up like an Order Knight (either by wearing the uniform of Credo, armor reminiscent of the Alto Angelo's or a hooded one like the order knights from the intro).
Also people state that they want new weapons, so which weapons would you want added?
Only thinks I can think of for Nero are brawling with his buster for CQC and maybe if he take a que from Nelo Angelo throw a fireball for range.

Frazz

General gamer
Yeah I'm playing the console version of DMC4 makes me wish their super costume was like the one I heard the PC version got (MAX-act automatically).
I hear people say they expect a few new costumes but what costumes would you guys want?
I kind of want to see Nero dressed up like an Order Knight (either by wearing the uniform of Credo, armor reminiscent of the Alto Angelo's or a hooded one like the order knights from the intro).
Also people state that they want new weapons, so which weapons would you want added?
Only thinks I can think of for Nero are brawling with his buster for CQC and maybe if he take a que from Nelo Angelo throw a fireball for range.
I'd like to see Nero in regular clothing... Not sure why though. And I'd like a DMC1 Dante costume as well.

In terms of weapons I'd like Nero to get (at a stretch) Alastor with the exceed revving up the electricity... Or just any weapon with another exceed power.

Ruisu

Of course you don't remember me.
You guys are so funny sometimes.
Anyway, I hope gameplay for vergil (yamato aside) is mostly different from DMC3SE. We already have gilgamesh, so Bewolf must be out of the picture (even though it's kind of better), and most force edge moves were too similar to the rebellion, we'll need a new weapon here too.

It would be really cool if instead of new weapons they incorporated some old moves and new moves all in the Yamato moveset kind of like in Vergil's downfall, but in DMC4 style of animations.
I would love to see something like the free-teleport from there too. That is sooooooo badass.

Top Bottom